Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SlavaUkraini

VIP Member
Even the Philippines doesn't like Meghan, they're being dragged in Netflix Philippines.

Look at that, a country full of people of colour doesn't like her.
I specifically went to that YouTube and looked at those comments my Asian people never let me down; family comes first. They are toast in Asia love this. Here is a time line cleanse.
Fi5_05gWAAIzT4H.jpeg.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_094900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

margaretta

VIP Member
Just copied this extract of the conversation from BBC news,
Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:
Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
SH: Oh so you're from...

Might I also add whether, as the charity states that it focuses on reaching those women especially from African & Caribbean heritage that Lady SH might have been referring to which of these heritages Ms Fulani descended from?

I think she, Lady SH, has been doing this mingling gig far too long so her only reasoning was to genuinely try and show a deeper interest in the charities foundation and roots.

I'll be honest I'm treading on eggshells for fear of using the wrong word for fear of not being up to speed on the most pc phrasing!
It appears the person who took offence had previously accused the RF of racism and was a supporter of markle.
This sounds like a set up.
Someone on twitter asked her why she went to the event when she hated the royal family so much.

I can’t help but feel this was a set up. We only have this person’s interpretation of the questions.
Also; I don’t know about you, but I always give the older generation some leeway with comments which might appear inappropriate. You correct them, but you don’t take umbridge.
I know an elderly gentleman who uses the P term ‘but that is where they are from’ he protests!

• Heart
  • Sick

Carpediem69

VIP Member
I'm kind of wondering, though, in amongst all this Sussex drama, about what's going on with the Wales's whole 'look' these days. People used to love 'Wills and Kate' because they looked pretty fun and much more casual than we were used to the RF being...jeans and all that. Now that they're being lined up properly as King and Queen in waiting they just look...corporate. Much more serious and old-fashioned Royal. They could have been at that game in relaxed clothes having a laugh and people would have loved it. But they just seemed stiff and stuffy in the photos - the kind of image the RF really needs to avoid right now. Someone said upthread that whoever planned this US tour is stuck in the 90s...I reckon whoever is advising and styling the Wales is too. Time for younger PR and optics people at the palace, I reckon.
I think they dress appropriate for every occasion - professional and clean. I don’t want them turning up to events in ripped jeans and sweaty brown polo necks - they are representing my country and I want them to keep their standards. Smegzy embarassed us enough with her inappropriate, dire dress sense - the PPoW are dressing respectfully and professionally to meet their hosts.

• Heart

vretch

VIP Member
We live in a world now where everything is offensive or can be. Unfortunately I do think this was a massive set up and Lady Hussey fell into the trap. Reason being her age. She didn’t mean to be offensive or racist, anyone who deals with this older generation knows that.

The RF are partly responsible for this fuck up. The RF must keep up with the times and anticipate and prepare for a set up like this, an opportunity to be labelled racist.

For fuck’s sake, every Tatler here has anticipated this. We don’t run the RF but we knew something would happen. Are any of us really that surprised? It’s not rocket science, W&C trip to USA, Megabitch and her cronies will set crap up. I can’t believe that the RF are still falling into these traps. That woman should never have been invited. Why was she even there? She is an obvious Megan lover. Didn’t the RF do any background checks at all?

A positive in this is that at least the RF did address it quickly and dealt with Lady Hussey. Poor woman because she will be in Hazza book as the racist, I can see it now. She is the scapegoat the Harkles have been wanting, they can imply it was her now. I feel very sorry for her as I do not think she meant to be offensive or racist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Bolus

If you watch the tape of the Camilla reception, it was noisy babble and I can imagine an 83 year old having difficulty hearing properly in that scrum…and she probably couldnt quite hear what the complainant was saying. Not trying to defend any socially inept or offensive questions, but it is believable that the conversation could have been misinterpreted by all involved. Just a perfect scenario to deliver such a setup, with an ambitious politician as a witness, and Shouty Shola jumping on social media to amplify it all. Im fed up with the BBC plastering it over their front page, when actually its far more newsworthy that Christine McVie has died.

• Angry
  • Sick

wibble

VIP Member
I blame Meghan.

I mean Lady Susan only wanted to know if whats-her-face is 43% Nigerian.

• Haha
  • Heart

toninottony

VIP Member
Just copied this extract of the conversation from BBC news,
Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:
Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
SH: Oh so you're from...

Might I also add whether, as the charity states that it focuses on reaching those women especially from African & Caribbean heritage that Lady SH might have been referring to which of these heritages Ms Fulani descended from?

I think she, Lady SH, has been doing this mingling gig far too long so her only reasoning was to genuinely try and show a deeper interest in the charities foundation and roots.

I'll be honest I'm treading on eggshells for fear of using the wrong word for fear of not being up to speed on the most pc phrasing!
And the first 2 answers were not where she was from but what organization the third when she answered UK still didn’t actually answer the question since the UK is more than just British I feel badly for Lady SH for having to deal with someone I think is probably a bigot
bigot
noun
big·ot ˈbi-gət
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member

Sorry to post this story again But DM have brought up the victims twitter history posts claiming smeg was a victim of DV from TRF So it looks like the DM is doubtful of her side of the story
Beats me why the woman would want to attend an event hosted by racists. Seems a bit odd. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 57

wibble

VIP Member
Dan talking about ngozi email/twitter saying smeg was victim of dv from her in laws.

Dan talking about context, unlike other msm he says.

Did this woman go to the palace with an agenda
Or did she go to an international reception, which included African delegates, wearing African dress?
And then complain about being asked if she is African.

• Sick
  • Heart

Carpediem69

VIP Member
OMG is she actually doing a crying scene in that trailer? Give me a break FFS - and him on the guitar ?
Lidl and Farchie let’s all sing together whilst daddy plays three blind mice 🤣

I am off to the bookies to place money on Hazzno not being any threat to Eric Clapton, Ed Sheran or Johnny (fucking) Marr 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
I feel so bad for William and Kate
I do too, but think about it. I'm sure the Waleses knew a stunt was coming, and they'll remain dignified and professional, as always.

The Harkles think they're being oh-so-clever and clapping back at the Waleses by trying to overshadow Earthshot.

But look at who Earthshot's backers are. These are serious people, with serious money and influence. Bloomberg, Bezos, etc.

These are not the type of people who'll go on Smeg's podcast. These people are way, way above that. And they aren't going to be remotely impressed by the Harkles' little stunt.

And they will deal with it in their own way. In time.

William is Prince of Wales and the future Head of State. Hazza is now just one more piece of trash in the dustbin that is Hollywood.

More doors will start closing.

JMO.

• Heart

PurvyPanda

VIP Member
Likewise can’t stand this age of victim mentality and turning everything into a movement. If individuals offend you maybe it’s that individual rather than an entire genre of class or skin colour. Why weaponise every single immutable characteristic to emphasise differences? Ensures people will never see eye to eye or be able to relate to each other unless same ethnicity, gender, age, religion etc. it’s fatally intolerant and designed to inflame neighbour against neighbour etc

intention really does matter - even our legal system differentiates murder from man slaughter and the “mens rea” is essential for understanding each other.

imagine leading a life you assume everyone is baiting you, so sad and stressful and not a little pathetic!
They should perhaps asked themselves this:

If one morning you encounter an asshole, then you’ve encountered an asshole.
If you encounter an asshole every morning, then you’re the asshole.

Geddit. Fancy oppressing yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
Right so now in addition to the
- OW interview
- Harry’s book
- podcasts
- magazine interviews
- Netflix documentary

we have someone interviewing her for a book on racism in the royal family

would it not drive you wild if your brother’s wife continuously traded on YOU his family to fund A decadent lifestyle whilst preaching about equality and linked not ranked….
Wills saw her coming a mile off.
Smeg is so malicious she’s never going to stop because it makes her feel important. Really despise her…

• Sick
  • Angry

knoddle

VIP Member
The point at which she said she was born here and is British should have been the end of that line of questioning. She had answered the question but this silly woman kept pushing. I can see why people get fed up with being asked where they come from just because they have a different coloured skin. You would think that someone in her position would know better. I don’t think she was being racist deliberately or should have lost her job, but she is clearly tone deaf and needs educating. With the Palace already in the firing line over racist accusations this lady has presented an open goal for those pushing the accusations. I see that she has got some support on here by, I assume, white people who have no idea what it is like to have your background raised on a regular basis. I am “white” but have dark hair and a Mediterranean complexion. I also have a surname that does look English. As a kid I got sick and tired of explaining that I was British and not French, Italian or Spanish. I can only imagine how much more irritating it must be for people with African or Asian heritage.
Oh dear, what do we say about assuming? This is a very diverse crowd including-shocker white people. I grew up poor white trash, and I got sick of people asking me if I lived in a single wide or double wide trailer, and what trailer park I lived at. Yep I jist ended my sentence with a preposition- how irratating, perhaps I need me some more schoolin'.

You weren't there, I weren't there. On one hand we have a woman who has previously accused the RF of commiting domestic violence against Sméagol , and on the other hand we have a rich, old woman whom you assume to be a racist. Perhaps her conversation gambits were snobby, perhaps they were clumsy, perhaps she over induged in dry sherry, perhaps she was confused by why the young lady was being stuffy. Perhaps she was just clueless or rude. Perhaps using a sentence beginning with I assume white people who have no idea could be construed as condescending, arrogant and rude.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

JAR21

VIP Member
That fucking woman is being interviewed on the ITV news

ETA She’s just said she faced non physical violence 😳🙄🤮

• Angry
  • Sick

LadyMuck

VIP Member
For someone who claims to feel 'abused and violated' how come she found the strength to go on almost every talk show and news channel today.

A set up from start to finish. The more that comes to light, I'm disappointed that PW and KC reacted so swiftly without investigating the facts. Yes I know the position they're in and that they think they had to be seen as dealing with it promptly. But whatever happened to innocent til proven guilty.

Yes Ngozi provided a transcript. HER transcript. Of a recording? Who knows. Why wasn't LH offered the opportunity to say her version of the incident.

I just hope Lady H who is 83, doesn't suffer an early demise because of it. She will be mortified.

• Sad
  • Heart