Harry & Meghan #254 Ain't no Sunshine, Sachs is gone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since Covid there have been increasing numbers of attacks on East Asian people in the US, one woman was murdered, pushed in front of a train and killed at the beginning of this year. Was that not something to discuss about the rise in xenophobia?
In film - Shang Chi - the new antagonist is set up to be an Asian woman. The influence of Hong Kong martial artists / going back to the 2000s again, with Zhang Ziyi and Maggie Cheung and of course Michelle Yeoh.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
If anyone’s got any questions about Latino culture I think I can help. I once bought tacos in LA by pointing to a picture menu.
In that case, I can answer any questions about Italians even though I've never been, because I recently said hello to one in passing. 😂

My school used to be quite all-inclusive and encouraged spiritual development, so we used to celebrate festivals related to different religions (no escaping that here). Someone once pointed out though that we didn't cover every festival - could have been a huge deal because of the inherent inter-religion tensions that are always simmering. My Principal simply replied that it's because no student or teacher practised those religions, and while many of us had an idea, no one really knew how to perform their prayers or rituals perfectly, and therefore they would rather not organise celebrations instead of doing something wrong.

Smegsy could have learnt something, but she would never want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ll see your battered sausage and raise you a “pizza crunch”. (Pizza dipped in batter then deep fried, for those not into Scottish chip shop lingo). She is probably one of those who think they should have built Edinboro castle closer to the train station🙄. They walk amongst us, folks.
I need to try this pizza crunch.
I have never heard of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh he'll definitely retaliate... lol and she will be shunned by all the stars that want to be in movies he makes... wonder if she knows George Clooney was also in a Tarantino Movie.... From Dusk til Dawn...

Wouldn't it be fab if when asked to comment on Meghan's podcast, Quentin said, "who's Meghan?"

• Haha
Reactions: 44
If anyone’s got any questions about Latino culture I think I can help. I once bought tacos in LA by pointing to a picture menu.

I can advise on Mexican culture.
I once ate refried beans in a restaurant.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
If she actually wanted to question a relevant up-to-date archetype stereotype, she should have a crack at 'Karen' because that is a phrase that is used to belittle and pigeonhole strong women of a certain age. Over 40 and you question ANYTHING and you're automatically a Karen. Sadly the younger gens don't see the misogyny behind it and don't realise that it's just another way of silencing women.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I once made a Yorkshire pudding that even the dog refused to eat. Soooo anything to do with The People's Republic of Yorkshire...I'm ya woman!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Meg understands what it's like to be Indian, she went Birmingham and ate a chicken tikka balti.

Meg understands what it is to be Israeli because she went to Golders green and bought kosher salt. Actually ignore that one, she did authentically pretend play at being Jewish for wedding 1.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
My favourite at the Chinese Takeaway is Sweet and Sour Pork Hong Kong Style. Just call me Xi Jinping already. Any questions about Kowloon, I got this.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Smeg knows what it’s like to be Kiwi as she’s eaten hokey pokey ice cream and seen the All Blacks do The Haka.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Victoria Wood in Dinnerladies had the wonderful line …In Scotland, everything is spelled Ecclefechan and pronounced Kirkcudbright. She had some wonderful observations that woman😂. Even saw into the future by devising the Two Soups walk for TW😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.