Harry & Meghan #10 Liz lays down the law, Sussex Royal is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word "Royal" overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use "Sussex Royal" or any iteration of the word "Royal" in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020...While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place’

Oh my god! How passive aggressive!
And the bit about the duke and duchess of Cambridge.
Such a petty, unprofessional and hurtful move.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I feel that Harry has this inner angst and turmoil over how his mother was treated and now that he has his own family has decided to give the two fingers to the establishment. There’s some daily mail comments pinpointing it entirely on Megan but I really don’t thinks it’s all her.
Ultimately, the Queen made the right decision. They can’t just have their cake and eat it.
No but are having a bloody good try.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And the bit about the duke and duchess of Cambridge.
Such a petty, unprofessional and hurtful move.
They are so utterly jealous of all the other Royal grandchildren. They are also moaning that the York princesses work and have titles. Well they each have a job, and have nowhere near the perks Harry and Meghan have been given.

WOW! they absolutely are! I don't feel any need to add my two penneth!
Looks like Harry was fiddling with the Instagram when the JBJ insta was posted. It's so unfunny and pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
WOW! they absolutely are! I don't feel any need to add my two penneth!
Tempted to have a look!

Harping on about the Travalyst website but am confused about this, it's already happening has been going on for years before some pseudo eco warrior came on the scene spouting bullshit. Honestly cannot wait to find out how they are going to implement some of the pish (sorry) on that site. We do travel a lot, please don't go all Greta on my ass, but try really hard to do our bit for the environment in other ways.
8660E874-5770-4E3B-9F91-9F5B2E13CCA1.jpeg

Reactions: 5
My grandad was a wily old boy, & he served in the Grenadier Guards & detested the Duke of Windsor because soldiers were having to smuggle him into Buckingham Palace/ Windsor castle etc, drunk as a skunk....
His favourite saying was "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear", present thread shows we know who the Sows Ear is, & no matter how much cash is spent on her, she cannot be turned into a Silk Purse....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Their official statement is hideous. I don’t know who they think they are appealing themselves to by making petty comments (no matter how politely worded) to the Queen and William and Kate.

Their jab at the Cambridges seems ridiculous to me. They’re treated differently to them because they are still working members of the Royal Family. Of course they are not going to get the same privileges as them. Obviously, the Queen wasn’t going to let them use the word ‘Royal’, as if they could use it, then anyone could!

I was looking at their Instagram last night and to “keep it real”, they were getting their asses handed to them in the comments. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If I were HM, I’d be doing some serious research into whether ‘off with her head’ could be achieved in 2020.

It won't be off with your head. It will be on yer bike love. Don't let th gilded doors hit your backside as you go.

Reactions: 10
I am wondering if Harry would have been allowed to marry a divorcee actress from , say Emmerdale or The Bill? Who would be the British actress equivalent?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly. Spoke on the last thread about CEO’s of charities who earn ridiculous sums of money. I dread to think what Harry and Meghan will want paying from them.

The thing is they could have done exactly the same sort of work if they had stayed within the royal family. If they had causes close to their hearts, all they had to do was have a chat with the queen and I’m sure they would have got what they wanted. They could have gone off to Africa without the cameras and just helped them, or worked with abused women, the homeless, army vets - anything. But they chose to leave and set up rentaroyal.com. Which tells me it’s not about charity, it’s about money.

Their decision to leave was blamed on the press. But I didn’t see her being chased by paps, topless pictures while on holiday, trying to get pics of Archie. None of that. And yes, the press can be total arses who will print anything but Harry and Meghan weren’t here for the press. They were here to serve their (his) country and his family and the people of the uk. That’s who they’ve turned their backs on. Because the press will be there whichever country they are in.

Sorry, I’m rambling. I just can’t seem to make sense of them at all.
No, your post is good.Her theatre patronage no longer makes sense. Once they bolted it became at best dodgy, but since a blind man can see that she's not coming back here unless for a very fleeting visit then it should be given to someone here.If she had any ethics left she'd tell them thanks for the honour but it's no longer workable for either of us, good luck.
Anything they set up will be about money. Harry is getting a huge reality check. He believed Migraines promise of a fabulous life with people scrabbling to employ them, and he thought she and her teams knew what they were doing. Yet here they are, mired in a huge mess and hated by most brits.
I can't say it often enough, gangan has played a blinder.I think it was always her intention to remove their use of Royal for flogging themselves. But doing that on top of telling him their services were no longer needed representing her on trips and red carpet events AND taking away his military beloved duties would have looked like punishing them. So she waited until they fooked up(as she knew they would) with the JP Morgan repulsive mess and then calmly dropped the "no Royal" bomb on their asses.
I really can't see where they go from here. Two years of pre planning and all her Hollywood nous and they're up tit Creek without a paddle. I doubt Ginger cares. He's shallow. He has his baby dolly and all the free time he wants.But mardy arse will be tearing out her hair in frustration and anger.Ginger is the only one she can take out her anger on so home life will not be smooth.Good, the sooner she returns him to Charlie as no longer fit for purpose the better. Like an amazon reject.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Did anyone read their website? It was so passive aggressive! I can’t help it feel it was written by Meghan, it was so clumsy and unprofessional. The bit about Meghan needling security because of her own “independent profile”... she only needs security because of Harry, no one knew who she was before they started dating!!
Yes, it was passive aggressive and snarky and undoubtedly written by Meghan. A professional would have removed all the bitter digs and the poor grammar.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think the Queen has played a masterstroke with all of this. She allowed the marriage, would’ve been a PR disaster if she didn’t. Basically gave them what they wanted in terms of quitting active duty and allowed them to keep certain perks. But in doing so has given them strict conditions to those perks, and thus has given them the rope to hang themselves on. Meaning they had the perks, and with every stupid action they take, the Queen punishes them by taking a little bit back each time. All while keeping the British public broadly speaking onside because she has been seen to be giving them what they want in terms of letting them go, but not letting them have all the perks and financial benefits of staying.
Yousaid it more succinctly than I did.
Yep,the royals have been through so so many similar things and know that slowly slowly catchee monkey. They don't go in heavy handed and all guns blazing. They play the long game and it generally works.
The only snag now is Andy (spit!). This is a new one for them and it's so difficult to get right. Queenie has made her displeasure clear but what next? He's already lost his HRH and "has stepped back from royal duties" (been told to feck orf and stop wafting around like his tit don't smell). I suspect this will rumble on unresolved for years.

Reactions: 7
I am wondering if Harry would have been allowed to marry a divorcee actress from , say Emmerdale or The Bill? Who would be the British actress equivalent?
No more like an actor from Doctors or Holby city is the equivalent of Meghans fame.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

How long before Megz posts
"You're not the Boss of Me"?

She has just f**d up big time.
Did she honestly think they'd agree to everything she wanted.

I just have no idea who in their right mind would want to collaborate with them in the US. Maybe their very expensive pr is giving them a different perception over there.
Harry is going to get the shock of his life when he comes over next week. Everyone detests them.

Reactions: 13
Could someone link me to the comments on their account. I can't seem to access it. Thanks.

Reactions: 6
She has been the absolute worst thing to happen in the Royal family, and Harry is too dumb to know better.

Reactions: 15
So the Sussex Royal foundation was a vehicle for them to do charity work from...Just like the Royal foundation?
Royal Foundation: Home Page
www.royalfoundation.com

The Royal Foundation is the primary philanthropic and charitable vehicle for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Bit weird that they needed to set up their own as they are named(and I presume Trademarked?) in the first one

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.