Harry & Meghan #10 Liz lays down the law, Sussex Royal is no more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re a mess. Harry’s not the brightest at the best of times. The website is a snark fest the rancour seeps through.

Reactions: 20
In this

There is a bit about whether she’d be allowed to continue her patronage of the National Theatre and that she has ‘until Easter’ to prove herself.

I’m wondering if this has come from the National Theatre themselves in that they don’t really want to be associated with such a tarnished brand and have asked for a new patron. I mean after having HM The Queen as patron, you’d want a Royal patronage that respected The Queen, and Meagain loses on both counts.
What I don’t get is why she should be a patron of anything 🤷🏻‍♀️ They don’t live here, are not part of the working monarchy, they’re not part British life at all, so do be a patron is a complete farce.

So they say that they are not making a “charitable foundation” but something different.

They go on to say
“The creation of this non-profit entity will be in addition to their cause driven work that they remain deeply committed to. While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal’”

Non profit entity
Non profit organisation
???
How is this any different from a foundation? Why are they so bogged down in the semantics?
So, by their reckoning they’re not going to be earning any money at all? Are they just going to swan around doing good cause while the money they rake in from the Duchy pays them to do so? They’re taking the piss

• Angry
Reactions: 39
So they say that they are not making a “charitable foundation” but something different.

They go on to say
“The creation of this non-profit entity will be in addition to their cause driven work that they remain deeply committed to. While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal’”

Non profit entity
Non profit organisation
???
How is this any different from a foundation? Why are they so bogged down in the semantics?
As I understand it, a non-profit company can pay out some or all its taxable income to the owners as compensation but must keep,any other “retained earnings” invested for use as future operational finds. So, if the non profit made £10k it could pay this to the owners as compensation for their work on the company’s business. Just a tax gimmick. It differs from a charitable foundation. If it quacks like a duck......

An example of a good non profit might be a private daycare centre that sets its fees so that they bring in just enough to pay staff and operating expenses without accruing an unnecessary nest egg. Unfortunately use of this corporate setup has become commonplace by so-called charities and groups promoting causes. It makes them look innocent because people get fooled by the Non-profit wording.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
What I don’t get is why she should be a patron of anything 🤷🏻‍♀️ They don’t live here, are not part of the working monarchy, they’re not part British life at all, so do be a patron is a complete farce.
İ think the patronages will be dropped in due course as it becomes clear they move to Canada/USA permanently. Almost certainly if Meghan is a no-show at the remaining commitments this/next month. Also if titles are stripped. Drip by drip....long game......Ginge and Cringe should just keep quiet and focused and cooperative atm but her narcissism lets her down big time, and will be her ultimate undoing-she can't help herself with the retaliation and fake PR....

Reactions: 20
As I understand it, a non-profit company can pay out some or all its taxable income to the owners as compensation but must keep,any other “retained earnings” invested for use as future operational finds. So, if the non profit made £10k it could pay this to the owners as compensation for their work on the company’s business. Just a tax gimmick. It differs from a charitable foundation. If it quacks like a duck......
Ahh that’s helpful to know. I suppose they can combine a charitable lecture to Goldsmiths bank with a private plane to visit Serena funded by the foundation on expenses

• Haha
Reactions: 8

An example of a good non profit might be a private daycare centre that sets its fees so that they bring in just enough to pay staff and operating expenses without accruing an unnecessary nest egg. Unfortunately use of this corporate setup has become commonplace by so-called charities and groups promoting causes. It makes them look innocent because people get fooled by the Non-profit wording.
Exactly. Spoke on the last thread about CEO’s of charities who earn ridiculous sums of money. I dread to think what Harry and Meghan will want paying from them.

The thing is they could have done exactly the same sort of work if they had stayed within the royal family. If they had causes close to their hearts, all they had to do was have a chat with the queen and I’m sure they would have got what they wanted. They could have gone off to Africa without the cameras and just helped them, or worked with abused women, the homeless, army vets - anything. But they chose to leave and set up rentaroyal.com. Which tells me it’s not about charity, it’s about money.

Their decision to leave was blamed on the press. But I didn’t see her being chased by paps, topless pictures while on holiday, trying to get pics of Archie. None of that. And yes, the press can be total arses who will print anything but Harry and Meghan weren’t here for the press. They were here to serve their (his) country and his family and the people of the uk. That’s who they’ve turned their backs on. Because the press will be there whichever country they are in.

Sorry, I’m rambling. I just can’t seem to make sense of them at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
If I were HM, I’d be doing some serious research into whether ‘off with her head’ could be achieved in 2020.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Could she have been any more passive aggressive in that new statement! I'm wondering if she stamped her feet and folded her arms and bloody pouted. She really is one spoilt brat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
At the great ages both the Queen & Prince Philip are, how is Harry actually going to feel when they pass???
Or is the plan to hurry them along as they think Prince Charles will give in and let them ride roughshod over everything the Monarchy stands for.
After all despite their protestations they made a choice because being told what to do, how to do it, didn't wash, because for the first time H was expected to be both responsible & respectful to the Crown and bear the consequences as an adult, not as an indulged boy. So they both threw a tantrum and have gone out if the way to be 'more' important than RF.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone noticed that they still can’t get their stories straight? One minute Meghan is leaking that they can use Sussex Royal and there’s nothing legally stopping them. Then a few hours later they confirm they won’t use it. Reminds me of when she went into labour. Doesn’t matter who their PR people are - they always make a total mess of any communication!
I get the impression that she is leaking via her friends but not coordinating with her PR company (and certainly not the palace) - this is why we are getting the conflict. Probably the 'I can still use Royal if I want to story' prompted the palace to get onto Harry and get him to correct it.

I do feel as if Meghan is a loose cannon in Harry's life and she only tows the line when he really puts his foot down. After all, she is and has achieved nothing without him.

Reactions: 23
‘While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word "Royal" overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use "Sussex Royal" or any iteration of the word "Royal" in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020...While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place’

Oh my god! How passive aggressive!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think the Queen has played a masterstroke with all of this. She allowed the marriage, would’ve been a PR disaster if she didn’t. Basically gave them what they wanted in terms of quitting active duty and allowed them to keep certain perks. But in doing so has given them strict conditions to those perks, and thus has given them the rope to hang themselves on. Meaning they had the perks, and with every stupid action they take, the Queen punishes them by taking a little bit back each time. All while keeping the British public broadly speaking onside because she has been seen to be giving them what they want in terms of letting them go, but not letting them have all the perks and financial benefits of staying.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The phraseology 'when the transition occurs Spring 2020' has clearly been written by a US lawyer/adviser (or indeed by Meghan herself). At this point in time I can't imagine them returning here at the end of the month. To the extent she comes at all, her appearances will be safely behind closed doors away from the public. I keep thinking of how hurt Charles in particular must be - the future king steps in to give you away at your marriage and this is how you repay him.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I do feel as if Meghan is a loose cannon in Harry's life and she only tows the line when he really puts his foot down. After all, she is and has achieved nothing without him.
Yes, when he was in England, the number of photos which appeared. Those visiting charity ones where she invited herself, designed to upstage Kate.
Then she was "papped" at the airport collecting her friend and going out for an "innocent" walk with archiedoll.
Harry arrived and then started complaining about the paps ; which his wife had phoned!

Reactions: 25
They are getting an absolute pasting on their last Instagram post. Rightly so.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I think the Queen has played a masterstroke with all of this. She allowed the marriage, would’ve been a PR disaster if she didn’t. Basically gave them what they wanted in terms of quitting active duty and allowed them to keep certain perks. But in doing so has given them strict conditions to those perks, and thus has given them the rope to hang themselves on. Meaning they had the perks, and with every stupid action they take, the Queen punishes them by taking a little bit back each time. All while keeping the British public broadly speaking onside because she has been seen to be giving them what they want in terms of letting them go, but not letting them have all the perks and financial benefits of staying.
Yes; the Queen has been brilliantly advised.
I think it's the work of Christian Jones, who was originally brought in by Meghan, but moved on to be the Cambridge's comms director. I think he realised very quickly what a ballache she was and jumped ship quickly

Reactions: 21
I feel that Harry has this inner angst and turmoil over how his mother was treated and now that he has his own family has decided to give the two fingers to the establishment. There’s some daily mail comments pinpointing it entirely on Megan but I really don’t thinks it’s all her.
Ultimately, the Queen made the right decision. They can’t just have their cake and eat it.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.