Harry and Meghan #96 Quibi offered 'Corgi Shore', Greedy Harkles wanted more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the Prince/Princess thing, I would class myself as a royalist, but in this day and age, it does irk me that someone is entitled to such a prestigious title based on the simple fact that they were born. Most non-nobility titles have to be earned and worked for: Doctor, Captain, Reverend, Dame, President, etc. Maybe a better idea would be to give all children of future monarchs no titles at birth, then once they reach adulthood, they are subjected to a public panel (a bit like a parole board hearing), where they are asked to explain what they have done to deserve the lofty title of Prince or Princess.

This would be especially useful when there are two or more children vying for the same title, but only one can win. Think of their frenzied clamour to open as many shopping centres and unveil as many plaques as they possibly can, in the hope of becoming the chosen one who gets to wear the crown. It would also get rid of the 'spare' issue, as they would all have an equal chance and would only have themselves to blame if they didn't work hard enough to get picked over their siblings. It would make for a good reality TV show. "Crown candidate Annabel has travelled to Solihull today to open a new pig farm, meanwhile, her brother, Crown candidate Ernest has gone to Preston to oversee the planting of a new tree at a primary school...but how will the panel rate their efforts?" 👑
But why keep the Royal family at all? With that way of choosing why not open it for everyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
well, it didn’t go so well for Margaret or Andrew either, to be fair

Mr Kay also referenced Diana’s wishes for Harry and William to be treated equally, despite the Sussex royal being viewed as “spare to the heir”
“Prince Charles shared Diana's concerns about making sure the boys shared things in their early years.
But, certainly, more senior members of the royal family in private were saying: 'This is nonsense. William is the future. All our efforts must go into educating William'.

"It was William the Queen would invite for lessons in kingship when he was at Eton and she was at Windsor Castle
."

Not to be a witch about it, but...duh. William is the future king and needed to learn his responsibilities, whether that hurt little Hazno’s feefees or not. Charles and Diana were looking at it as parents, but the other Royals were looking at the future of the monarchy. Obviously HMTQ was not going to invite PWB for lessons in kingship. He has ideas above his position now, can you imagine what he’d be like if he’d been taught to be king? Also, and obviously I’m guessing here, but I’m sure the RF are aware of what a thicko Haznot is. They probably didn’t want to put ideas into his thick little skull. There was absolutely no point in behaving as if he could be king too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
@Chita and @Twocats I think both is true. Both could have held a prominent role. The “fun and relatable” modern version of Wiliam and Kate. They probably would have taken a lot of tours and would have been sent to other royal occasions across Europe (like the Wessexes - it doesn’t seem as if Kate and Wiliam are too interested in that). The slimming would have cut all of the other grandchildren and waited till the old ones step back by themselves. But Archie and respective children wouldn’t have made the cut. That must have stung.
And they had very odd ideas on how to go about things that just didn’t match the idea the people in charge have about the institution and its future. Harry’s wife probably felt snubbed when her great ideas didn’t find much praise, the fact that the role of the Cambridges was about to put more emphasis on succession the older HMTQ and PC get, that Harry’s golden boy narrative didn’t protect them from the (to be expected) press bashing...
All this combined led to a situation that started unfortunately and then they even made it so much worse. She was neither prepared properly and seemingly wasn’t really interested to adapt.
Yes they could have a really promising future, but I she could not bear to come second to Catherine, and I don't think she listened when people tried to advise her, she was just too arrogant.

Mr Kay also referenced Diana’s wishes for Harry and William to be treated equally, despite the Sussex royal being viewed as “spare to the heir”
“Prince Charles shared Diana's concerns about making sure the boys shared things in their early years.
But, certainly, more senior members of the royal family in private were saying: 'This is nonsense. William is the future. All our efforts must go into educating William'.

"It was William the Queen would invite for lessons in kingship when he was at Eton and she was at Windsor Castle
."

Not to be a witch about it, but...duh. William is the future king and needed to learn his responsibilities, whether that hurt little Hazno’s feefees or not. Charles and Diana were looking at it as parents, but the other Royals were looking at the future of the monarchy. Obviously HMTQ was not going to invite PWB for lessons in kingship. He has ideas above his position now, can you imagine what he’d be like if he’d been taught to be king? Also, and obviously I’m guessing here, but I’m sure the RF are aware of what a thicko Haznot is. They probably didn’t want to put ideas into his thick little skull. There was absolutely no point in behaving as if he could be king too.
Yes there should have been a lot more effort put into preparing Harry for his life beyond being the spare.

Reactions: 27
Allegedly the IVF wasn't in UK or USA , that seems odd until you read into the differing laws around it. Croatia seems very important to them both and they allow Sex selection.
I thought it was supposed to have been Canada? Also, easier for an American surrogate to travel to. But a Croatian one might be cheaper!
Hi, a new poster, but a long time lurker. 😁 Still catching up from about 20 pages ago, so just quickly de-lurking to say Croatia doesn't allow sex selection or surrogates. And I hope those two what Freda says have never been here, yuck. 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve read that somewhere too. I think it might be in one of Lady C’s books, either the Hag & Haz one or the Queen Mum one. Apparently she would do things like invite PW for tea but not PWB. Anyway there was definite favouritism.
Maybe he was just a naughty boy always sticking his tongue etc (Diana encouraged it ) and she just didn't like him!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
😢
I go back to 'at work' work next week. I'm dreading it, I've loved working from home (and having this thread open all day every day!) and I don't know how I'll cope with having to see people within hours of waking up. I'm also going to have to put make up on again, if I remember how. Despite all my moaning I've loved the last year 😭😭😭
I agree with everything you’ve said! I go back in June! 😱 The trouble is I’ve completely lost my filter, and also the ability to put up with other people’s bullshit! My eyes are going to be permanently stuck in the back of my head! 🤯 I give myself 2-3 days at the most! FML! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes they could have a really promising future, but I she could not bear to come second to Catherine, and I don't think she listened when people tried to advise her, she was just too arrogant.

Yes there should have been a lot more effort put into preparing Harry for his life beyond being the spare.
I think instead there’s been too much effort to spare his feelings. Instead of preparing him from a young age for a different sort of life, he’s been allowed to behave as if he’s on equal footing with William. There was inevitably going to come a time when he would have to step back and accept his actual place, so I think allowing him to ride William’s coattails for so long did him (and them) no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

."

On the other hand, if The Spare is first reserve then surely it would make sense … given that the last 2 crowned Kings were actually spares and seemingly woefully under prepared (George V even married his desceased brothers fiancé) to have The Spare as well prepared as possible?

And taking all the known personalities out of it, if you have 2 siblings close in age and one is being taken to see Granny and Great Granny and one isn’t, for whatever reason, wouldn’t you think that could make a young child feel a tad hurt and excluded? It doesn’t take a child psychologist to work that out, really does it?

Reactions: 20
Re the Prince/Princess thing, I would class myself as a royalist, but in this day and age, it does irk me that someone is entitled to such a prestigious title based on the simple fact that they were born. Most non-nobility titles have to be earned and worked for: Doctor, Captain, Reverend, Dame, President, etc. Maybe a better idea would be to give all children of future monarchs no titles at birth, then once they reach adulthood, they are subjected to a public panel (a bit like a parole board hearing), where they are asked to explain what they have done to deserve the lofty title of Prince or Princess.

This would be especially useful when there are two or more children vying for the same title, but only one can win. Think of their frenzied clamour to open as many shopping centres and unveil as many plaques as they possibly can, in the hope of becoming the chosen one who gets to wear the crown. It would also get rid of the 'spare' issue, as they would all have an equal chance and would only have themselves to blame if they didn't work hard enough to get picked over their siblings. It would make for a good reality TV show. "Crown candidate Annabel has travelled to Solihull today to open a new pig farm, meanwhile, her brother, Crown candidate Ernest has gone to Preston to oversee the planting of a new tree at a primary school...but how will the panel rate their efforts?" 👑
Don't give ITV / Simon Cowell ideas!

"Next on ITV: KING FACTOR followed by KING ISLAND on ITV2. Then PRINCES GOT TALENT. And don't forget to vote in KING STARS THE RIVALS"

• Haha
Reactions: 36
But why keep the Royal family at all? With that way of choosing why not open it for everyone?
I was just jesting, I'm not expecting a call from the head of light entertainment at the BBC...but you never know, they did commission It's A Royal Knockout 🤞

Don't give ITV / Simon Cowell ideas!

"Next on ITV: KING FACTOR followed by KING ISLAND on ITV2. Then PRINCES GOT TALENT. And don't forget to vote in KING STARS THE RIVALS"
😂😂 You just got there before me!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So Spotify has now been markled. It makes you wonder what on earth they are going to do next, they have effectively cut themselves off from the RF, every company or event they attach themselves too goes tits up, they have nothing to add to their story that we don't already know and they have shot themselves in the foot over merching the children as they are so litigious.
I would be in full panic mode if I was them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think instead there’s been too much effort to spare his feelings. Instead of preparing him from a young age for a different sort of life, he’s been allowed to behave as if he’s on equal footing with William. There was inevitably going to come a time when he would have to step back and accept his actual place, so I think allowing him to ride William’s coattails for so long did him (and them) no favours.
Yes and sending him to Eton, when he didn't have the ability to do well there was setting him up for failure, part of his problem may actually that he has never really felt good enough and used bravado to get along. It also sounds as though his trauma from his mothers death wasn't really addressed at the time, it sounds as though he was still working trough things when she came along.

Reactions: 26
So Spotify has now been markled. It makes you wonder what on earth they are going to do next, they have effectively cut themselves off from the RF, every company or event they attach themselves too goes tits up, they have nothing to add to their story that we don't already know and they have shot themselves in the foot over merching the children as they are so litigious.
I would be in full panic mode if I was them.
How on earth are they making enough money to sustain her aspirational billionaire lifestyle??

Reactions: 25
I also think PWB may not have been so firmly sidelined if he and Smeggy hadn’t behaved so badly. Shouting at the queen? Berating KP staff? Demanding the tiara earmarked for Eugenie’s wedding? Throwing tea over embassy staff? I’m not surprised the RF pulled them back sharpish. They didn’t want the monarchy to be Markled.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I also think PWB may not have been so firmly sidelined if he and Smeggy hadn’t behaved so badly. Shouting at the queen? Berating KP staff? Demanding the tiara earmarked for Eugenie’s wedding? Throwing tea over embassy staff? I’m not surprised the RF pulled them back sharpish. They didn’t want the monarchy to be Markled.
In all seriousness its one of the things i genuinely don't get, they honestly could have had it all they just needed to keep their heads down for a couple of years easy enough when you have kids to occupy you, but they have lost almost everything through sheer greed and being obnoxious. I am not sure the enormity of what they have done has hit them yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

."

Im not saying that PWB should have had lessons in Kingship but it’s not always the eldest who takes the throne. Both the Queen’s father and grandfather were second sons.
Without delving too much into history it’s certainly not unknown for this to happen.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.