Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Apparently there's a bit of a trend on Twitter/Youtube to refer to you know who as 'Harry's wife' and nothing else. No names! Perhaps we should adopt it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

ElpisWept

I hate the close-ups. Stop doing it, please. Also, fuck the restrictions, couldn't someone, any of the family, have been allowed to be with the Queen?! She looks so frail and is probably sobbing and hiding it with her head bent like that. To state the obvious. But it's actually hurting me to watch this. I can't imagine what she's feeling. Oh, my Heart!!

• Heart
  • Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
I think the Queen chose to sit alone as a sign of empathy, respect and understanding to all those who have had to do the same during the pandemic.
Even on her saddest day she was still thinking of her country and its people.
What a remarkable woman. 🥰

• Heart

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
What a beautiful service. I refrained from coming on here during the service mainly because I know your lovely Tattle comments would make me more emotional then I already was - me and husband both lost it when we saw HMTQ in the car and the National Anthem played. I agree with other comments saying it was the perfect service and I think the Duke would have been so proud.

We are now sat in the garden toasting the Duke with Buckingham Palace gin he had a hand in.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 74

elli-94

It’s an incredibly moving service- and the Queen on her own is actually representative of a lot of funerals today because of covid- I think it actually brings it home how lonely these occasions are for mourners.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
Hubby and I watched the funeral together.

I was in tears right from seeing his coffin being carried out to the Landrover.

Then poor Queenie just broke my heart.

Charles and Anne looked devastated.

Andrew, whilst I am sure he was grieving, still managed to look pompous.

Poor Edward looked broken too, especially as the service went on.

Harry was (trying to be generous here) possibly nervous, possibly looking around and thinking back about a lifetime of memories with his family before he married and decided to throw them under the racist bus/bandwagon!

It was nice to see Catherine and William actually speaking with him after the service, they're more forgiving than I would be under the circumstances - wonder how restrained it was though knowing that it will all be reported back to his wife and her team of flying monkeys to spin. Still wouldn't trust him if it was me.

The other grandchildren looked understandably upset, I thought Zara looked distraught.

Hubby (ex services) was also quite emotional throughout the service. Last week, on hearing the news of his passing, he broke out a tot of rum to drink a toast to "Phil". Soppy old thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

vretch

VIP Member
I’m enjoying the way Kate and William were with Harry. They demonstrated extraordinary class and empathy, and as a result Meghan will be twisting in agony. What’s not to like?!
It makes all her comments about how horrid they are seem bloody ridiculous. Again the RF show their class and have given her absolute no ammunition at all. Perfectly played. I wouldn’t necessarily believe this means they are back in neither.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
View attachment 533684
what a hauntingly tragic shot. I can’t believe she couldn’t have a lady in waiting at least by her side.
I think the reason the Queen gains so much respect from people wether they are Royalists or not is the fact that she leads by example. Many people will have faced this dilemma and experienced this at funerals over the past year, I feel that although she could have had someone by her side she chose not to. What a woman

• Heart

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
I didn’t used to think Charles would be a good King. A bit too sensitive. But he’s sort of grown into it, especially as the world has realised his environmentalism is not gobbledegook.
I think Camilla will be a much better consort/Queen than Diana would ever have been.
William too has a strong future Queen to take the RF forward.
I agree. For years, Charles has been ridiculed for his love of nature and his talking to plants. It seems he was ahead of his time and all the the things people laughed about are now a reality. Conservation and saving the planet, for example.

He does appear to be a very sensitive, emotional man. But that is not a bad thing at all. Being in touch with your emotions and being able to really ‘feel’ things is to be admired IMO. Qualities likes this would not have been an asset in years gone by when kings were fighting and chopping heads off! As we all know, times have changed. A head of state doesn’t have to look tough and ready to fight off enemies any more. A kind, compassionate monarch is far more desirable nowadays.

I think Charles will be a good king. He has a strong woman behind him and she will steer him well. I have really grown to like him over the last few years. Due to Diana’s presence, he was never allowed to really shine. He was always in her shadow. It is now his time to shine and I think Camilla will encourage him every step of the way. She has no desire to steal his limelight. My heart broke for Charles today. Out of everyone, he looked completely and utterly devastated.

• Heart

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
That photo of the queen sat alone is going to probably be iconic for a long long time. I could bleat on and on all day as to what it represents- I don’t need to we all know. Imagine looking at that photo as a grandson and knowing what you threw on the fire during the past month of a 73 year marriage. Just sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

cayenne35

I definitely think the RF have sought advice from experts re how to deal with a family member in the clutches of a narc. There’s no way no one alerted them about Meghan when we can all see it so plainly.

monicalewinsky

Honestly this funeral has Prince Philip all over it, and I’m so glad. There’s nothing worse than not knowing what your loved one wanted. We only knew a few things for my granddad and the rest we just had to hope that’s what he would have wanted.

Vanelope

VIP Member
Anyone else think all the women in their spiked heels thought they were getting a car back? Eugenie was being pulled up the hill.

• Haha

Kwala

Yes she was heavily pregnant at the time I think and had enough of sitting on those pughs.
“The mind cannot absorb what the backside cannot endure”. - Prince Philip on long sermons, quoted in The Daily Telegraph

(courtesy of The Week magazine)

• Haha
  • Heart

Silbee

VIP Member
Harry, must have been shocked at the much-diminished figure of our Queen and he can sit comfortably (or not) in the knowledge that he has contributed greatly to that.

I hope he is overwhelmed with shame.

Beautiful service ...

• Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
I think Charles comes across as very sweet in this- was quite surprised. Rather sensitive. And very kind to his little brother!
I think Charles is very sweet, tender and caring. He’s a truly good man but ever since he had the misfortune to marry the wrong woman, he’s been cast as the evil villain by half the world. Even after the Harkles’ interview, his popularity plummeted for no particular reason unlike everyone else’s. Diana, with forethought and frankly malice, relentlessly torpedoed his character in the public eye because she didn’t want him to be king. She got so many people to believe her that his public image has never recovered from it. I think he’ll make a great king though he’ll have a short reign. I only hope he is firm enough with H and H’s wife!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70

Rowan

Chatty Member
Note how William was constantly fixing his tie while walking beside Harry coming out of the Chapel?
Just like that last Christmas the two clowns spent here where he was constantly fixing his scarf.
It's an avoidance tactic....he did not want to be anywhere near Hazbeen and was only doing it for the sake of the Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Beautiful moments that I have seen today make me so proud to be British.

No one does class, etiquette and respect like our Royal family... unbelievable send off for PP.

It's so very clear to all who saw today why JCMH and the Meg are nothing like royalty... they are crass, undignified, deluded pair of vultures!! Yes the whole world will see that today Harry.

So take your ginger knob and fuck off back to lala Land.
No one wants you here, not fit for our Royal Family ever !!!
And this is what Meghan completely failed it understand. The Royal Family aren’t just upper tier celebs, they are an institution, they are The Firm.
She thought she could waltz in and change it all. Epic fail.

• Heart
Reactions: 69