Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Evangelina

VIP Member
"Harry and Meghan specifically asked for the wreath to include acanthus mollis (bear's breeches), the national flower of Greece to represent Prince Philip's heritage, and eryngium (sea holly) to represent the Royal Marines"
Those that know more about flowers than me, may figure out which wreath it is.

Reactions: 7

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I think it was mentioned on here earlier but I can’t find it now but does anyone know what was the significance /meaning behind the queens and Charles white edging on the face masks?
what a beautiful service it was for the duke. So sad for our Queen
I think they are just normal masks (like the surgical blue ones) just coloured black 😊

Reactions: 6

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
Now that insta is full with short clips, I just noticed while they were walking to the chapel everybody moves to the same direction except Peter in the middle. He must be out of the rhythm with his step. :LOL:

Vanelope

VIP Member
Yes, you can see the Archbishop bow to the altar when he drew opposite it, which Anglicans generally do, although it's more usual the higher church you go. You see Anne do it, then Tim does it and Harry notices him do it and does it right then like "oh yeah" when he's just standing there, not opposite the altar at all so it looked strange. The others on the other side didn't need to do it as they aren't crossing in front of the altar.

It's not really like genuflecting but it's the same sort of thing. You could see some members of the family start to cross themselves at the blessings before the camera cut away.
I see thank you.

Evangelina

VIP Member
I see what you're saying and yes she is definitely playing PR games today with the wreath etc. However it's a small side show to most of the world.

Even William and Kate talking to Harry is seen as more about them than Meghan. At least in UK coverage where it most counts since Americans don't have a say in our monarchy.

Some US sites only care about Harry's wife but all front pages tomorrow will be of HMTQ and her final goodbye. Harry's wife really is an annoying sideshow right now.

They'll say this paves the way for Harry (and her) to be welcomed back but that will last all of a few weeks until they do something else to make it quite clear that they still think they're the wronged ones and it will be back to "brother's at war".

The more she tries to insert herself into this the more people will realise she's a narc who can't stand not to be the centre of attention.
Hope that you are right, the times are noticeably different since Diana's death however, it became a game of presence, truth illusions, narratives and exposure.
The monarchist approach of stiff upper lip and dignity, class and elegance, got lost in the numbers game, and by default the US alone has 5x more population, which makes 5x more social media exposure, sounds irrelevant, but in the aftermath of things like Trump/Clinton looks quite dangerous.
Idal case is you are right, and I'm wrong, because I don't belive the ELF creation, of Harry the wonderful.

Reactions: 5

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
The queen will undoubtedly have a will stipulating who gets what. If HW gets anything at all it will be minor stuff.
I would have thought that the Prince of Wales when he becomes King gets what the previous monarch left behind, no? The Queen Mother and Diana had their own items/wealth to distribute that had nothing to do with the Monarchy per se and that is what Harry and William (and others) received - but I could be wrong. I got that impression from the money scuffles when Edward abdicated and George became King.

Reactions: 4

Mf94

Archewell Instagram is posting to their stories every few mins. Extremely tacky and crass. Just when you think she can't stoop lower...

Archewell Instagram is posting to their stories every few mins. Extremely tacky and crass. Just when you think she can't stoop lower...
i tried to look for this in the week... is it actually run by H&M? replacing SussexRoyal?

AudreyAnn

VIP Member
Hold the phone.... the card on the coffin's flower arrangement was HER card???????? Nfw. No. Nope. Please no. Please please jo. Please let this be yet another lie
I thought I read the message as "I love you" could be wrong. I bet it was a family wreath

wisebutwild

VIP Member
That's an out and out lie! They said it was lilly's and white roses chosen by the Queen on the TV
There was neither the national flower of Greece or sea holly in the floral tribute on the coffin. Harry's wife should ask for her money back if it was hers!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2