Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Wow, the funeral was magnificent! I was crying from the moment I saw the Land Rover. It was so touching and sentimental.

To me, the most powerful and poignant part was the procession to the chapel where P P‘s children and grandchildren walked behind the coffin. It was the music that got me and the gun firing every minute followed by the church bell. I really need to watch that again as it really was sublime.

It was a superb display and I felt very proud to be British knowing that those amazing scenes would be shown all over the world. The military services were marvellous. The hours spent rehearsing for this day must‘ve be immense. It was seamless.

I didn’t expect to get so emotional. My daughter came in the room with a cup of tea for me, took one look at my red tear stained face, and walked out without saying a word. She knew not to say anything!

Like a previous poster said, I think part of my emotion was tied up with the fact it signalled an end of an era and a fear of what the future beholds. Who could have predicted COVID and the devastation it has caused worldwide? That funeral will serve as a stark reminder of the realities of 2021 in years to come...the face masks, the limited numbers, the distancing.

The poor Queen. She looked so frail and vulnerable. I hope she is tucked up under a blanket now with her favourite tipple and the corgis by her side.

I have got a thumping headache now and I am all red faced with puffy eyes! Better have a shower and smarten myself up before my husband gets home later or else he wonder what the hell I have been doing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

Limey

VIP Member
This is so dignified and moving.

But it also feels like the close of an era, and not in a good way.

• Sad
Reactions: 88

Limey

VIP Member
How graceful and forgiving is Kate? Imagine there she is walking and talking to the traitor that let his wife go on a TV interview and try to ruin her and the entire royal family. She's a better woman than I am.
Kate is an absolutely class act, and we are lucky to have her.

Much like Philip, she copped a lot of flak in the early days, and she rose above it with dignity.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Kezzle

I see Gayle King was talking about family tensions, well Harry and Wills walking away together actually make her look a right eejit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

dramallama92

So much appreciation for the Queen today. Honestly I wish someone had been next to her to lend some emotional support, but she chose to comply with the rules all other families have had to follow during heartbreaking funerals throughout the pandemic. No demanding special measures and no complaints even though she'd be fully in her right to (unlike a certain someone!), what a beautiful woman our Queen is. ❤

HMTQ.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 85

AnderbeauAnderbeau

Chatty Member
Archewell Instagram is posting to their stories every few mins. Extremely tacky and crass. Just when you think she can't stoop lower...

Archewell Instagram is posting to their stories every few mins. Extremely tacky and crass. Just when you think she can't stoop lower...

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 84

ElpisWept

Slightly off-topic, but I thought some people might appreciate this. My apologies, if not.

Screenshot_20210417-161055_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 83

Mairag

Chatty Member
I don’t think I had truly realised just how spectacular Windsor Castle is before today. Those aerial shots were amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

vretch

VIP Member
The bagpipes were beautiful. Touching. The funeral was a class act. Yes, you Britain’s sure know how to do something with class. That’s part of what sets the RF apart from everywhere else. h&m will never top that being celebrities in America.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

50sGirl

VIP Member
Did anyone else think that because there were no huge crowds and the chapel almost empty that it made it more intimate and moving than it would have been without the restrictions?

• Heart
Reactions: 81

freda19

VIP Member
The problem is that Hazzno isn't a normal decent human being. There's something missing from his psyche that would make him sad for his mourning grandmother, or regret the damage he's done to the Monarchy over the last 2 years. He's resentful and greedy, but as he only sees things from his point of view and nothing is his fault he can't move forward or negotiate so he's stuck. Plus he's got Smeg on his back.
His reputation has been badly tarnished with the military, his silly business ventures and his love of roast chicken, and his treatment of the RF. He's finished in the UK.
I think he's after money and some sort of deal before he goes back.
I agree. I don't believe he feels any remorse. He doesn't have the capacity within him. The only time sorrow or hurt registers with him is if it is his sorrow and his hurt. Even regarding smeggy, he's not feeling bad on her behalf, he's feeling bad that he thinks his family have slighted one of his posessions. He chose her, and he is a special golden child in the family, so everyone was supposed to accept any shit she threw at them and suck it up buttercup.
He's angry that his family (and many many outsiders) dared 'disrespect' his property. That's the root of all this angst and bitterness.
He's allowed her to dig them into a deep deep hole and there really is no way out. He put all his faith in her business and showbiz savvy. All he had to do was give her the big wedding that would launch them in Hollyweird. The UK was of no interest other than as a stepping stone and money source. And his life has turned to shit.
Which reminds me. You know how when we talk about 'the taxpayers' we visualise our pay slips and tax forms needing filled in? I often think hazza doesn't see that. For him 'the taxpayers' are just another faceless money supplier ... not me getting up at 6am for my morning job, or someone in a tiny flat scrabbling to meet tax demands while not earning enough to cover their cost of living. I think the elder royals are very aware these days of just where a lot of their income comes from and their efforts with charities and patronages and meeting us great unwashed are their form of payback to us. Hazza (and smeggy) ... nothing. They want all the cash and perks and want to offer nothing in return, unless it benefits them financially or on the celeb circuit. Literally, hazza has no clue what a real tax payer is. His taxes were always dealt with for him by the men in grey and hopefully Baguette or a similarly clever poster will confirm that the 'oh so smart' smeggy had tax issues and had to have it sorted out pre wedding.

The funeral was amazing. Stunning, and so much better than playing a game of 'spot the celeb/politician'.
The military displays blew my mind with the perfection of every move. R.I.P big man.💂‍♂️💂‍♂️💂‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 79

VC10

VIP Member
I think Charles is very sweet, tender and caring. He’s a truly good man but ever since he had the misfortune to marry the wrong woman, he’s been cast as the evil villain by half the world. Even after the Harkles’ interview, his popularity plummeted for no particular reason unlike everyone else’s. Diana, with forethought and frankly malice, relentlessly torpedoed his character in the public eye because she didn’t want him to be king. She got so many people to believe her that his public image has never recovered from it. I think he’ll make a great king though he’ll have a short reign. I only hope he is firm enough with H and H’s wife!
I like Charles & Camilla very much 😎. Diana was no angel.

• Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
I’m enjoying the way Kate and William were with Harry. They demonstrated extraordinary class and empathy, and as a result Meghan will be twisting in agony. What’s not to like?!

• Heart
  • Haha

Lanalocksley

I have only just found this thread, spent the afternoon watching the funeral and all that went with it.

Prince Phillip did a very good job of organising. Got to admit I started the tears pretty early on. When Huw said "Prince Phillip has spent all of his life two steps behind the Queen and this is the first and last time he will take presidence over her" or something along those lines 😭 when the Queen's car started following the procession.

Seeing the queen sitting on her own broke me. I think it's because she reminds me so much of my gran who passed almost 2 years ago. I just wanted someone to give her a flipping big hug!

Im so glad the cameras didn't seem to pan to her too often. She's given her life to this country and it makes me said she couldn't mourn the loss of her soulmate in a normal private ceremony.

As for the ginger whinger he looked very uncomfortable and I am glad. If I had done what he and his wife had done to my family I couldn't face them ever again. Surprised his wife didn't try and tune in over facetime.

Catherine once again proving she has dignity and grace in abundance, she's simply perfect. William did well. I hope to see her and the queen doing some engagements together.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Can I just say 🥰🥰, I loved the Tattle chat during the day and the service.

We get a lot of shit thrown our way because we discuss people we don’t like but there’s a lot of posters here who are probably very nice in real life.

Soppy tribute over🍸🍸

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Rayne

VIP Member
Another bit that got me was when they bought out the ponies and Huw said PP wanted them to be there to see his last journey 😭

• Sad
  • Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
This thread moves so rapid I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I’ve noticed a lot of Stan accounts on twitter are angry at Harry for speaking to William.

They think he’s betrayed Meghan, that he’s on thin ice and that he could have just said hello but he actually started the conversation. I saw a few saying they’re all about Meghan now and only supported Harry to support Meghan but don’t want to now if he’s talking with the enemy. I saw one tweet even say her TV husband has her back more than Harry. Found it quite hilarious how quickly they’ve turned against him.

• Haha
  • Wow
This is what Scobie said:

Right, they were such close relatives who got on so great, despite her hating anyone who wasn't 100% "supportive" and him apparently telling Harry to just "step out" with the actress.

That's why they trashed his family whilst they knew he was on his death bed, because they knew he would want to hear "their truth" right before he died. I truly don't believe they were close, she was only in the family for about a year and they refused to go up to Balmoral to spend time with him and he lived in Norfolk most of the time, not Windsor.

It's just vulgar attention whoring.

Can't Scooby Doo just leave it as "she's sad because her husband's beloved Grandfather died"? People might actually believe that.
If Markle had any care for close family ties, she'd be in touch with and apologise to, her own damn father, who is in very poor health himself and probably won't live anywhere near as long as Philip. Like she gives a shit for family, let alone a member of Harry's, when she was only in the family for two years, and most of that was spent shouting, sulking and then withholding contact out of various fits of pique, or just fucking off abroad for holidays and shopping.

No bloody way was she ever close to Phil in any real way, he of all people would have been quite aware of her household shenanigans and seen straight through her nonsense. I can't see Philip being in any way supportive of a woman who was burning a streak through loyal palace staff and having them running for the door.

• Heart