Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Gardener

Chatty Member
There was no place for Harrys wife to be there today, no place for her in the beauty of the chapel, no place for her in the dignity and grace of the occasion, no place for her in the grief of the Royal Family, no place in the respect shown to the Queen.
There's no place for her in our country, no place for her lies and simpering smiles. There is no place where she could ever be acceptable

• Heart
Reactions: 146

Chita

VIP Member
There are a lot of people who see the Royal Family as outdated and stuffy and they saw Prince Philip as some old duffer who just sat in his posh house being waited on. They think having a Royal Family funded by taxpayers is something that should be scrapped.

I think all of the reporting about him this last week has made people see how much he encouraged and helped young people, and how he wasn't just a figurehead pretending to get involved in his charities and patronages.
He got involved. Yes, he lived in luxurious surroundings and had staff to serve and organise him, but he got stuck in and earned his keep.
He didnt have the best childhood. Abandoned by his Father, his mother had mental health problems and was in nursing homes a lot of the time and his sisters married and supported actual Nazis.
He came to England in an orange crate, lost his kingdom and was essentially homeless.

He did struggle at first having to be second fiddle to his wife, but he didn't whinge or go on tv to bitch about the stuff he was unhappy about.
He knuckled down and got on with the job.

So instead of scrapping people like him we could do with more of them.
Sadly, he is a rare breed.

• Heart
Reactions: 108

Basicgrl

BA41C4BE-B570-47E5-B789-296BFA7C3E4B.png

what a hauntingly tragic shot. I can’t believe she couldn’t have a lady in waiting at least by her side.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

igiveup

VIP Member
Megain will be seething that she didn’t end up photographed, she will deffo be telling more lies now so she can stay relevant.

Catherine looks absolutely stunning.

Sorry If this has been posted already.

50567C75-8D78-48B5-A174-26029CD566E1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 103

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Hubby and I watched the funeral together.

I was in tears right from seeing his coffin being carried out to the Landrover.

Then poor Queenie just broke my heart.

Charles and Anne looked devastated.

Andrew, whilst I am sure he was grieving, still managed to look pompous.

Poor Edward looked broken too, especially as the service went on.

Harry was (trying to be generous here) possibly nervous, possibly looking around and thinking back about a lifetime of memories with his family before he married and decided to throw them under the racist bus/bandwagon!

It was nice to see Catherine and William actually speaking with him after the service, they're more forgiving than I would be under the circumstances - wonder how restrained it was though knowing that it will all be reported back to his wife and her team of flying monkeys to spin. Still wouldn't trust him if it was me.

The other grandchildren looked understandably upset, I thought Zara looked distraught.

Hubby (ex services) was also quite emotional throughout the service. Last week, on hearing the news of his passing, he broke out a tot of rum to drink a toast to "Phil". Soppy old thing.
Charles was the most visibly upset out of everyone, I thought. I felt so, so sorry for him. His eyes were filled with tears and he looked completely broken. His poor hands were all swollen and purple. He is a very emotional man and that endears him to me. I don’t know how they all held it together, I really don’t. I suppose the face masks helped to disguise a lot of emotion.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 98

Libbub

VIP Member
How graceful and forgiving is Kate? Imagine there she is walking and talking to the traitor that let his wife go on a TV interview and try to ruin her and the entire royal family. She's a better woman than I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 98

lemonspaghetti

HMTQ in that small shot sitting in the Chapel, head bowed hands clasped. Such a moving picture, I feel so so bad for her right now 💔 I hope she's doing alright

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96

Basicgrl

Rest In Peace sir, you have served your country and the commonwealth well, your duty is done and we will remember your service, wit, care for people and duty to us all

• Heart
Reactions: 93

mystic cat

I am fairly new on here, still on DS but not one of the nasty ones. Thank you for your company during the funeral. I live on my own and it was nice to exchange views with someone. I have been posting on this thread since I joined as I like to be with people who think the same as me. I cant stand confrontation.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

Rayne

VIP Member
As we’re all upset for the Queen today and we’re already half way through this thread maybe we could have
Harry & Meghan #93 God Save Our Queen as our next thread title?

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Loolee

Thank you to fellow Tattlers for their company this afternoon during the funeral. It was comforting to be with you all.

Seeing The Queen sitting alone was absolutely heartbreaking. I cannot imagine being married for 73 years then losing my husband.

In some ways the smaller funeral may have been a blessing for The Royal Family. It seemed perfect to me.

When I think back to the Oprah interview, only a few weeks ago, it maddens me so much. I cannot find the words to convey how angry I am. The thought of Harry and his wife trashing the family whilst knowing how ill Philip was, and being so near death, is utterly despicable.

I used to admire Oprah. Now, I have no respect for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89

Lady Loon

First post! Must be the wine! Can’t help but think - if they knew there was a trapdoor in front of the altar, why didn’t they use that at Hal’s wedding to get rid of that woman?

• Haha

Chita

VIP Member
Wondering what the RF are all doing now. They can't have a wake. I hope HMQ has her lady in waiting with her. Must've been a very very hard day for her today. Now she's just left alone with her thoughts, and memories 💔
This is why I think she chose not to have a Lady In waiting sit next to her in the Chapel.
If she sobbed quietly beneath that hat & mask, she could do it without anyone seeing.
She is so used to having to put on her 'Queen face' for her family and the world that maybe today she wanted not to have to do that.

And the sight of her, an elderly lady of small stature sitting alone grieving her husband of 73 years sends out a subtle but clever message to all those people who think she is the baddie in the Harry&Meghan show.

She's an old lady who has been a superb diplomat for the UK and Commonwealth her whole life.

So stop ganging up on her.
She's class.
But now her heart is shattered like glass.

• Heart
  • Sad