Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
It really annoys me that so much is being made of Harry and Meghan attendance by the media. Even when announcing the date. Nobody gives a shit if they attend tbh 🙄
With the greatest of respect that’s what we’re doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My issue with this list is that there is none of the Mountbatten side of the family on it. Get rid of Hazno and that makes 1 space.

ETA: Hopefully he drew up his own list, knowing he was ill and that Covid rules would be in play.
I reckon they could exclude all spouses. That way they make space for loyal staff, a few military top brass and patronage’s, and the Smeggy one can’t cry discrimination. Sorry if someone has suggested, I’ve been away for a few hours and have missed out a few pages

ETA I see loads of people have said the same. Soz xxx

keylimepie

VIP Member
I read that PP was very involved in the arrangements so presumably attendance has been dealt with? Fun speculating, though.
If it was me I would keep Romsey away.
I do think Penny Romsey was a companion for Philip and was close to him. Whether or not she is invited is a different story. I agree that it is probably written up who’s on the list as such but it is intriguing to speculate!

I think Penny will definitely be there, she was very close to Philip
Agreed. She was a great companion for Philip especially in the later years at Sandringham

Fredsnail

VIP Member
The press are underlining that only 30 will attend the Royal ceremonial funeral for Prince Philip.

They've confirmed the Magnificent Seven plus HMTQ will definitely attend. So that's Anne, Edward & Sophie, William & Catherine, Charles & Camilla. Then there was a passing comment about that group having 5 children who may attend but that part felt less certain.

I'm feeling Harry isn't on the list, which is why his PR is pushing so hard. If he were attending, he'd be on a plane and behaving himself, not briefing the press about his phone calls to Charles, Beatrice and Eugénie. All this 'Harry is trying to get back' as if he's at the North Pole, when there are 20 scheduled flights a day from LAX..

Small comment in a story by Richard Kay that Philip only speaks to family by phone in recent times as he dislikes Zoom calls. Was Harry lying to James Corden when he was joking about Prince Philip ending calls by closing the laptop?
5 kids I assume would be Peter, Zara, Eugenie, if Beatrice is in Italy she may not be able to get back as they are in lockdown I believe, Edward's 2 children?

Don't forget that the 30 also has to include the people carrying out the service so possibly the AoC and others.

Harry if he comes can leave quarantine to attend a funeral and go straight back to quarantine. Only 15 I think can attend a wake after the funeral.

JeanneLou

Let Zara’s husband Mike Tindall sort him out 😂
If he comes it will be last minute. He won’t want to spend any more time with the family than he has to.
Nor would they want him around, methinks.
In any case, my understanding is that even if he gets the diplomatic pass, he has to quarantine 5 days. He could go to the funeral but then it's back to quarantine. On one hand, that could appeal to everyone, as one wouldn't have to think up excuses - especially excuses that wouldn't be subject to ravings (from him) about being 'Silenced'.
However, if he's quarantined, how's he going to plead his poor-misunderstood-me case for more money?
That aside, Where will he quarantine? If in a hotel, he'll get protection but at least he can't go around with his begging cap. God forbid Her Majesty should put him up.
Any ideas?

Good Egg

VIP Member
HMTQ
Charles
Anne
Andrew
Edward
Sophie
Camilla
William
Harry
Zara
Peter?
Lady Louise
So who do we think the 30 will be. Me and my mum were guessing last night

The Queen
Charles and Camilla
Anne and her husband
Andrew
Edward and Sophie
William and Kate
Harry 😡
Peter
Zara
Beatrice
Eugenie
Louise
James

I left partners out for grandkids except for Kate. That is 17 and only The Queen, children and partners and grandchildren.

I’d imagine Prince Philips cousins and the Queens cousins will be present too.

Reactions: 10

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I am not sure people will boo because they will be respectful of the occasion. Most Brits know how to conduct themselves at times like this. As much as I dont like Harry, I think it would be totally wrong to boo him. How would the Queen feel if she heard that at the funeral of her husband
I agree they shouldn't but think they will.

Coor!

It comes to something when Trump issues a far more appropriate and dignified statement re PP than his own grandson. Harry should be ashamed of himself, but probbaly isn't. :(
Totally agree, but I bet it’s not his doing. It’s hers and her claws she got into Harry’s back. I hope when he comes back he makes it up with his dad and brother for the Queens sake. Fingers up to MM 😂

• Angry

OiOiNoseyParker

Surely they won't have the children there? Far too young. Can't see Sarah Ferguson there either. Didn't Prince Philip loathe her?
But maybe fergie fills a space meghan could potentially occupy. To be fair, there's been speculation for years that fergie and Andrew might re-marry. I might be wrong but I think they live together 🤷‍♀️

Hoohumm

No I didn’t put the Mountbattens on there. I just did a quick list of family and I’m trying to see how everyone will fit in. Pamela Hicks and Penny Romsey should in my opinion be invited
I think Penny will definitely be there, she was very close to Philip