Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MillicentMargaret

5 hours after the Telegraph story, the rebuttal in ET Canada (interesting choice of outlet)

According to sources with knowledge of the matter, the Sussexes did not initiate the conversations with Quibi. Rather, it was Katzenberg who reached out to the royals and requested a meeting. The trio officially met in person by at least the summer of 2019. The goings-on between Katzenberg and the Sussexes were deemed “top secret” by Quibi staff. It is also understood that Meghan and Harry did not go into the conversations with the intent to personally profit from the endeavor. The Duke and Duchess ultimately did not move forward with participating in the Quibi project.

This non-denial is hilarious! So trying to position billionaire ex-Disney CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg as some kind of stalker 'reaching out' to the self-important Harkles and 'requesting' a meeting.

Obviously there was no intention to 'personally profit' from the endeavour. Yeah, right. :ROFLMAO: **adds Brooklyn bridge to shopping list**
Yep, non denial. Obviously there was no intent to "personally profit" off Quibi, why ever would we think that? 🤣 :rolleyes:

Why would Katzenberg reach out to people who were supposedly non Hollywood working royals at the time unless her agents were putting feelers out? He had already lined up a lot of A listers to produce content for the app he didn't need to court people who weren't interested.

And we know that a lot of their current projects and things like the 19th Summit happened because Megs cold calls companies and asks to be put on the roster - the organisers AMITTED that.

Anyway it blows the idea that she was being silenced out of the water AGAIN if they admit to having these talks in early 2019 before their "break". Or that they were dedicated to the UK until it became "unbearable".

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Maggiemaynot

VIP Member
I bet they're mad it's leaked that it was Princess Anne. They wanted people to think it was Will or Kate. Their direct competition. Their big threat. It was carefully planned attempt to try and get will and Kate worldwide hated, cause a revolution, make sure they don't get to the throne and instead put the harkles on.
I strongly suspect that a palace * source * gave Lady C the go ahead to state publicly that it was Princess Anne who said it.

• Wow
  • Heart

Bastille

Chatty Member
Interesting. It could also be that they wanted to highlight that they let her in quickly, making her feel welcome, like another user said.

True, it could be shade.

I also found it strange that Gayle had commented "nobody had spoken to Meghan yet" - why did they highlight this? Meghan seems offended wanting the family to come and please her and nobody does. They probably won't speak to her ever again
I think BP are communicating with Megamaniac but doing it in public. Recollections may vary, particularly proud of how quickly Meghan became part of the family (then left it) We are investigating the bullying claims and take the allegations seriously (translation - you're fucked luv we're just deciding how fucked between ourselves)

By not talking to her directly they remove any twisting of communication for the Sharkles own benefit

• Heart

Grannyapple68

This video of the controller and her subservient was on twitter at the end of March so apologies if posted before, ,he was talking and the bitch just leads him away.

• Wow
  • Sick

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Looking back at the engagement photocall, it was so obvious that she's an absolute piece of work (unfortunately I didn't realise then). Clinging onto Hazza for dear life with both hands, grinning maniacally into the camera with bare legs and too-big stilettos. And then the heavily stylised b&w photos with the ££££ dress. Total contrast to Catherine, who appeared on William's arm in a dress fit for royalty and wore high street for her engagement photos!
their engagement interview was the day my opinion changed. before it I thought she was wonderful fit for him and I was delighted he’d met someone. But my bullshit meter went off during the whole interview and I knew it was going to end badly. There was just something off I couldn’t put my finger on.

• Heart
  • Haha

Baguette

VIP Member
I suspect Daily Mail won’t be backing down. The production basically made the whole British press into racists. Also, it helps DM sales/clicks to be in controversy with Oprah anyway. Also payback for the lawsuit. And frankly, the doctoring of the articles is just plain despicable.
Feels like litigation is going to happen over this one. They've given Harpo every opportunity to apologise and correct the record. Good for DM.

• Heart

margaretta

VIP Member
Feels like litigation is going to happen over this one. They've given Harpo every opportunity to apologise and correct the record. Good for DM.
I hope litigation happens and I hope Oprah lives to regret ever entertaining minge and cringe/.

Wow Harkles PR is now being sponsored.. by Pantene! So they are blatantly taking the footage of them as working royals, packaging it up with a few soundbites and getting a consumer brand to pay for it. Why anyone would associate healthy glossy hair with HarryBaldi and Mrs Wiggy escapes me.

Pantene is made by Procter & Gamble, who I remember were sponsors of the Girl Up summit that Megzy inserted herself into. There's a Sunshine Sachs connection there...

Another brand to boycott.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

JudithKuntz

As a fellow Irish person, the myth of Irish slaves has been debunked repeatedly by both Irish and international historians. The situation of indentured servants is not comparable to enslaved Africans. Irish servants had more rights and were treated better (note, I say that with the obvious rolling of my eyes that torturing people is somehow better than just outright beating them to death).

The whole 'Irish slave' imagery has been seized upon by white nationalists in order to try and belittle the enslavement experienced by Africans and other nationalities.

The distinction between voluntary and involuntary indentured servitude is also an important one. It is true that some Europeans, particularly prisoners of war or political prisoners, were sent to places like the Caribbean against their will and without a predetermined period of servitude. Upon arrival, however, those without contracts were, by law, required to serve the master who purchased their labour for a limited number of years, depending on their age. It is also true that many servants did not live to see the end of their period of servitude owing to brutal treatment, climatic conditions and their harsh work regimens, but while under the conditions of servitude they were subject to the same laws that governed European servants, not ‘Negroes’.
While planters in Barbados were paranoid about the Irish under their watch, by 1667 nearly 2,000 Irishmen were members of the colony’s militia. Enslaved Africans were also permitted to be in the militia, but only in cases of emergency and they were never permitted to wield firearms. The 1661 slave code ordered overseers to search ‘negro houses’ for ‘clubs, wooden swords’ so that they could be confiscated and burnt. Furthermore, if an Irish servant encountered an African slave in the act of stealing, he could kill the slave and the homicide law would not apply. The killer would be rewarded with a large amount of sugar and the owner of the slave would then be compensated for his loss out of the public purse. Enslaved Africans who assaulted any ‘Christian’, regardless of the white person’s status, were severely punished under assorted methods of torture.
One of the worst recorded incidents of servant abuse in Barbados appeared before a court in 1640. John Thomas, likely an Englishman, had been suspended from his wrists by his masters and burning matches had been placed between his fingers. He had ‘lost the use of several joints’. In a rare case of a servant successfully suing for redress, the court freed Thomas from his indenture and ordered his former masters to remain in prison and to pay for his medical treatment, plus compensation amounting to 5,000 pounds of cotton. This case demonstrates that servants had legal redress and that the sufferings of servants were not limited to the Irish; English, Scottish, Welsh, German and French servants also experienced hardship in Barbados.
Despite its political and social effects, it has been suggested by some that the ‘white slavery’ narrative is not worth disputing. We argue otherwise. The abuse of history has a spectrum of potential repercussions—from perpetrating general misunderstandings to facilitating a racist agenda—and demands a response. Historical research does not take place in a political or social vacuum and it is incumbent upon researchers to use their privilege with responsibility. As the movement for reparations continues to attract national attention in the United States and the Caribbean, those who proclaim the history of ‘white slavery’ claim a shared heritage of victimisation. By sharing ahistorical ‘white slaves’ memes they aim to vindicate themselves and their ancestors from any involvement in the processes of racial inequality or oppression in the past and in the present.

The experiences of Irish indentured servants before, during and after the Cromwellian era represent a traumatic and haunting period in Irish history. Those who suffered and died as a result of their treatment should be remembered. Nevertheless, their experiences should not be treated as an opportunity for a ‘race to the bottom’ of the ‘most oppressed’. Instead, we need to accept that, as badly as they were treated in the colonial Caribbean, Irish indentured servants were not categorised in the same way as African chattel slaves: they were afforded rights and their period of indenture was not perpetual or hereditary. Accepting this distinction does not make their suffering any less, but it does ensure that the historical record is presented accurately and is not distorted for unsavoury contemporary purposes.

The above quotes are taken from an article by an Irish historian, an American anthropologist and an Irish heritage researcher.
Your (interesting) passage doesn’t actually debunk anything, though. Feudalism in all it’s forms was enslavement, but some people had it worse than others. It was always thus. Black African slaves had it worst of all because they were literally considered to be animals, as despicable as that is & so were denied even basic human rights.

Freda was simply making the point that human beings have suffered horrifically at the hands of others through the centuries. If we get into x had it worse than y then we’re making value judgements about real suffering & that seems pointless to me.

There are a small group of people with disproportionately loud voices who want to be victims. Some of them are black & want us all to be racist. Some of them are white and want us all to be racist so that they can show off their anti-racism credentials. Some of them are women who want all men to be rapey misogynists and some of them are trans who want to deny biology.

It’s all a load of self-indulgent crap & I think that’s the point Freda was making (although she doesn’t need me to speak for her).

• Heart

rangrang88

A great post I saw today:

Harry and Meghan can’t stop lying because their whole premise for quitting as working royals was based upon a lie. They’ve lied since the beginning and every step of the way in order to sustain the false premise. The complicit media is helping them to avoid questions and obvious holes/ contradictions in their lies.

They were negotiating on monetizing royal titles into more fame and fortune. When advised against it they devised stories to garner public sympathy and as reasons for fleeing to quiet, publicity-shy LA. They remade themselves into victims to Harry’s family as bad guys because this sort of tabloid shit is guaranteed publicity.

Some examples of holes in their lies: wanting to be financially independent yet bemoaned about daddy cutting off financial support; Meghan unable to get mental health support when all evidence flies contrary to the vague reasons; not given royal advisers to help Meghan adjust to new role when in reality they didn’t want advisers to fuck with their side deals to enrich themselves; using supposed mental health struggles as reasons for being assholes to staff; casting family as racist by using vague innuendos and stretching lies with common tricks liars use including (paraphrasing) “if that’s what you want to believe, you wouldn’t be wrong to assume that”.

Face it, they’re shameless liars who tell lies that are obvious contradictions which the US media, as it did with Trump, don’t bother fact-checking. But because they’re so blatantly bad at it their lies are now being exposed drip drip style by tabloids, the one media they can’t control. Remember, it was the tabloids who exposed Michael Jackson’s weirdness and John Edwards’ love child before anyone had any inkling.

The Sussexes have made themselves into persona non grata within the A-list and super-rich which circles they wish to belong. People in those circles generally avoid gossiping famewhores who can’t help telling lies and who have no qualms about throwing family under the bus.
This is what Meghan does. She is the perennial victim who tries too hard to come across as a 'good' person. Genuinely good people do not try to look good. They just are. Her act is what makes her one of the most hated people on the planet today.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
What sickens me about this pair is their obvious greed. GREED. Love of money. All at the same time pretending to be humanitarians. I have a new found respect for Investment Bankers and Hedge fund Managers, at least they are honest in their love of money and their rampant greed. Harry and MeAgain are lying, shallow, greedy people. Everyday I despise the pair even more than I did the day before.

PS. I see serial attention-seeker / talent vacuum Alex Beresford has 'quit' social media .... one word to say: BYE.

• Heart

mb1202

VIP Member
Meghan must be furious that the palace are refusing to fight back. Narcissists HATE being ignored, especially when their victims react with dignity and calmness.
100%. I think she was relying on the ‘never complain, never explain thing’ but also thought she was being so explosive and amazing that they’d have to respond

What she doesn’t seem to grasp is that she is a nobody. She married their beloved Harry, so they accommodated, welcomed and were kind to her. This doesn’t mean she’s a big deal in terms of the RF or the UK in general. She was a minor royal wife, small fry. She couldn’t handle that

Her supporters bleat on about ‘how Meghan was treated by the royal family’. She was treated with kindness, civility and normalcy, no more, no less. Oh actually apart from the hideously lavish wedding, refurbed cottage and dukedom. She is not a big deal and was never going to be. She was left to go about her business as usual, spending their money

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
A couple of years ago, Alex Beresford was campaigning against knife crime and tackling violence within the black community and a few days later his cousin was sadly stabbed to death. Surely as this has affected him personally, it would make more sense for him to continue helping with this subject rather than jumping on the bandwagon and accusing all of the UK of being racist.
Well he was jumping on a bandwagon back then re the stabbings that were/are plagueing cities, especially London and he was happy ok about being front and centre, which is fair enough, but I think once it comes so close to home (not super close, like a brother or son but I suppose cousin is close enough) then you need to take the closer family mood into consideration and button your lip unless the parents specifically ask you to champion the dead person. Maybe the cousin's immediate family resented he might use the situation ... so he backed off.
Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well. I had a cousin shot dead some years ago. Front page locally for some time and his name still crops up at times in articles, but I do remember being at the wake and his father complaining bitterly that another family member had been talking to the press. Nothing salacious, just the usual "He was a great lad, do anything for you, everyone loved him" etc , All true, but it was resented that someone seemed to want the spotlight and it caused problems in the family. So I learned from that to be careful in such situations when grief and tempers are stretched to the limits.
Basically I'm saying maybe he was advised not to use the personal event for his own ends. But that's just my opinion of such a situation. Not everyone wants their dead relative dragged up for self publicity. (yeah, looking at you hazza. Cunt)

I’m sorry for what you had to go through. It’s awful. People who have never been through it thinks it’s cute when children act beyond their age. It definitely isn’t cute.

I really do think all that has made William very “drama-phobic”. It’s easy to see that he oversteers towards stability. I can’t imagine how horrible this situation with the Harkles is for him.
I think it's why he gravitated toward the Middletons so easily when dating Kate. They're very undramatic and settled and it must have been a haven for him to be there away from the drama that was swirling around Chas and Camilla and other events Royal.
I think Kate and her family have been a lifeboat for him and he is thriving now and dealing with incoming fire from montecito well. So far.

I thought it was a cat and was going to boycott tattle until it was removed - I hate them. :(
OH JESUS CHRIST! You are SO dead. I hope you have a hard hat!

The surrogacy rumor can be put to rest once and for all if Megain wanted to. Her lounging at the beach or pool and a “secret paparazzi” taking a picture and publishing her prego in a bikini. End of rumors and speculations. But two pregnancies and no such photos makes you think “hmmm for a lady that loved the yacht life, you think a little boat getaway would be good for her mental health”, but who am I to judge, who am I!
Another thing ... fuck I'm on a roll ... they MUST be aware of the surrogacy rumours and moonbump talk, even Lady C addressed it and carefully explained surrogacy as regards how it might possibly, potentially, affect the Royals re titles etc etc. Yet Orca said not one word about it. Smeggy had the perfect opportunity to say "Yah, as for the surrogacy rumours Orca sweetie pie, My birthing team were X, Y and Z and can confirm that they attended me popping archie out of my foofoo and we had the placenta baked and served up with an Ulster fry for breakfast next day.". or some such Socal hippy-dippy shite. But nothing. Nada. Zilch. Smeggy always carefully avoids any potential pitfalls by simply ignoring their existence, and now aunty Orca is complicit. A decent interviewer would be bustin' her ass to get the surrogacy claims sorted one way or the other. But nothing.:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

buflesse

Chatty Member
I reread the engagement interview and there are SO MANY red flags all over it 🤢

'we had a good five, six months almost with just privacy, which was amazing' - yet she explicitly posted about him on Instagram and kept dropping hints, wearing his bracelet etc? She was desperate for it to become public so it would be harder for him to back out.

'I didn't know much about him and so the only thing that I had asked her when she said she wanted to set us up was, 'I have one question' which was, 'Well, is he nice?' - so fake it's comical 😂

The moment when Harry said he'd never heard of Meghan or Suits - proves that she was hardly destined for Hollywood stardom

'for both of us it was just a really authentic and organic way to get to know each other' - more word salad from Meghan, who claimed she'd never come across Harry or the Royals in the press. And it's so clear from the interview that dim Harry completely fell for it.

'even though I'd been on my show for six years at that point, and working before that, I have never been part of tabloid culture. I've never been in pop culture to that degree and lived a relatively quiet life even though I focused so much on my job' - another lie. Meghan was constantly looking for fame and publicity and tabloid exposure. Unfortunately for her she was a nobody, which is why she didn't get as much fame as she'd hoped

On 'press racism': 'I think it makes it really easy to just enjoy being together and tune all the rest of that out' - already whining about racism even in the engagement interview, but also giving the impression it wouldn't bother her. Here she's emulating the 'stiff upper lip' but as we know, her love of Hollywood drama and victimhood won out!

'I know the fact that she'll be really unbelievably good at the job part of it as well is obviously a huge relief to me because she'll be able to deal with everything else that comes with it'.....oh, Harry. He fell for her hook, line and sinker. William spent years getting to know Kate and ensuring she'd be a good fit for the job. Harry rushed into this, and it shows.

'I still had to have some pretty frank conversations with her to say, you know what you're letting yourself in for, is ...it's a big deal and it's not...it's not easy for anybody.' - this contradicts the lie that Meghan wasn't told what life in the RF would really be like

• Heart
  • Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
You missed this monstrosity which may well be the worst look I have seen on anyone. Ever. And why is she standing like that? Don’t they all practise their Hollywood glamour poses?!
View attachment 509504
I call that the Dusty Bin dress because that's what she looks like, an old style galvanised steel dustbin which someone's plonked on top of a hideous pair of legs (and ludicrous shoes for that matter).

You probably need to be of a certain age to remember Dusty Bin and 3-2-1!

1617310378421.png
1617310396926.png

• Haha
  • Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Not her as person, but role of "little women", "Stepford wife" stereotype. I would strongly advise my daughter against it, after all hard work she put in her education. I think that's the direction of modernisation of RF. Wives, no matter who husband is, should not have fear of "shadowing" husbands. RF should be able to use diplomacy weapon not only in foreign affairs, but also in domestic.

I'm family oriented, but also I have a carrier that I fight hard for (I work in male dominant field and when I started some 30yrs ago I have to fight tooth and nail for it). Too much stereotyping for my taste.

Also I give her kudos for doing the scripted job right. She seems well prepared about subjects she discuss, but I would like her to take more controversial issues (for example secret family court, overzealous and underzealos social services etc) and to shed light on painful subjects (as Camila and Diana). Also I would like to see her more youthfully clothed, but that's me:)
I think she's doing things just right. She's definitely not under hubby's thumb and has achieved many things in her own right. The fact that she's been 'allowed' to says how the Royals are slowly modernising. I really would hate to see her over shadowing William's very important job. This is what she trained for. Like it or not it's the support role. Not every supporting actor craves the star role. Some are happy meandering along playing second fiddle, knowing the main role would stretch them too much.
It's good that you encourage your daughter to be a high achiever, but you cannot map out her life. She will do what she wants and maybe the path you chose will not be to her taste and she'll prefer being a stepford wife working behind the scenes nesting and making her family her best career choice.
Harry is a good example (words I never thought I'd type) of that. Trained all his life for royal duty, steeped in tradition, placed in the military career he wanted ... and there he is, being a beach bum in california and shitting on his military and Royal familly.

• Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
Do I think Our Megzy is delusional enough to think she can waltz into a Senate seat and then run for President? Yes, absolutely. Maybe she thinks the political buzz is a good smokescreen for failure to deliver anything in the past year other than smoke-and-mirror deals. So it seems plausible that she is shouting at her team to put out PR, arrange meetings and attempt to network. But is it going to happen? Not in a million years.

She will be tolerated, used for free publicity and novelty value but treated as a joke figure. Not serious. There's a long, long list of qualified, vetted women who have spent years building political contacts in the right way.

Megzy doesn't have her own money, has a track record of seriously bad manners, has fallen out with pretty much all of her family, ghosted most of her friends and forced her husband to abandon his elderly parents and grandparents. Oh and she has publicly picked a fight with the UK Head of State and is under investigation for bullying young women. And that's before you add in the sketchy relationship history, rumoured s*x tape, prime-time Oprah interview serving up lies to the American people, and her close friendship with Steve Mnuchin, Trump's Secretary to the Treasury...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I honestly believe that the reason why so many people in America are taken in by the Harkles is because they have bought into the Hallmark royal movie dream 😁

The Harkles are the living embodiment of the standard tale with Smeggy as the spunky all American heroine who captures the Princes' heart🤮

The Prince in these films always has a dodgy British accent (even though his kingdom is just randomly located somewhere in Europe) 😁 and the girl is always strong, beautiful and never after him for his money because she meets him when he's run off from his kingdom to live incognito 😉

That's why she pretended that she didn't know much about him during the engagement interview and the Orca interview!

s-l640.jpg

She looks fucking crazy in the above pic 🤪
What's with that manic stare?
Surely any sane man would run for the hills if a woman looked at them like that 😃

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45