Harry and Meghan #68 Charles and Kate please don’t fear, Tattle Life is always here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm confused, how does one inherit a title? Do William's kids have a title? I know August Brooksbank doesn't and Archie doesn't but Meghan made it seem like it was about race
The titles are inherited by birth into the RF. the children of the reigning monarch are Princes and Princesses, as with Charles,Anne,Andrew and Edward. Then their children are also given Pr or Princess titles ( Anne refused them for Peter and Zara her children) but the children of the grandchildren are not titled.
Except for William's 3 children who are Prince George,Princess Charlotte and Prince louis...due to the fact that they are in the direct line of succession... and will one day be children of the King of England and eventually George will be king and his children will be Prince and Princess ..

Meghan was using the race word yet again, which I find appalling as she refered to her own child.... whatever colour the child is he would have a title if he or she were in the direct line of succession.Harry is the second son of Charles so his children do not automatically get titles as it is not likely that either Harry or Archie will be king.

Reactions: 27
Of course the duck not.

Even racists don’t have “concerns” about the colour of people’s skin. It’s either a colour they want it to be or not. They are not “concerned” about it.
This is such a crucial point though! IF the RF was racist and against a brown skinned baby, they wouldn't have agreed to the marriage, period. It makes zero sense that they would suddenly be concerned about the colouring of the baby once she fell pregnant. It's utterly absurd! Is she implying they were hoping for a magically white baby and that it just suddenly hit them: "Oh no, this biracial woman may perchance birth a brown baby! Let's ask her about this because we are such mean racists!"

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Nobody asked for my opinion but i’m going to chime it in anyway.
I do think Meghan has had it awful and has been portrayed as public enemy number 1 truthfully. I think Piers Morgan is a rancid hole who clearly has a deep hatred for women somewhere (as demonstrated from his treatment of MM and a million more people).

I also don’t understand why anyone gives a duck that Harry has abdicated. His position didn’t matter. He wasn’t going to be king.

I dunno how anyone can justify the conversations about how black her baby will be, why would anyone need to have that coversation? Harry has really been saying hes not for the royal family with his chest for many moons now. Why are people arsed.
I'm sure someone said earlier, there's a h & m rave thread somewhere - you are evidently lost.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
They’ve played their hand now - that’s it - they threw everything they had at it , I think the best thing now is for the RF to just ignore them . Everyone ignore them and it will kill her especially. Go off and live your life with the chickens , dogs “ gentleman’s family “ and duck off . Bye Felicia 👋🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Did meghan know of charles plans to slim down the RF when he became king? Dim wit and meg would have been part of that by all accounts. It was to be the boys, their kids and Anne's family basically. Did meg not want go wait? I think Harry's paranoia has fuelled alot of this. For the man that is some hero of the day, he didnt prepare her at all for royal life. Hes always been outspoken and the RF have always covered for him. If he knew the place was that riddles with racism why did he not step back before they got married to save her from it all? I didnt realise how little amount of time they were together before they got married. I think they wanted the stage, the titles and privilege but not abide by the rules of the job. They wanted to change it up but only the monarch can really do that. They also seem to be indicating the queen really isnt in charge. I also find it hard to believe she couldn't get mental health help outside of the palace. Diana did, plus her husband and his family are patrons of a mental health charity! Its baffling.

Reactions: 22
Nope, concern about a child being not white vs. being ginger are very different.
Who said there was concern about the child not being white? Clearly that would be a ridiculous question as his mother was mixed race (and her mother was black).

this is almost my point (almost) Meghan didn’t say they were concerned about the child not being white. She very distinctly did not say that.

And as an aside (and as someone who is mixed race) I see no difference in someone discussing any physical characteristic about myself or my children be it hair colour, skin colour, leg length, height - those are not issues of racism - they are physical attributes, surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm confused, how does one inherit a title? Do William's kids have a title? I know August Brooksbank doesn't and Archie doesn't but Meghan made it seem like it was about race
In Britain titles are inherited through male preference primogeniture. Using Harry as an example Archie would inherit the Dukedom of Sussex upon the passing of Harry. As a grandson of a monarch this would still be a Royal dukedom but should he have a son, while he would become the next Duke of Sussex as he would be a great grandchild it would cease to be a royal dukedom. This continues as long as there is a male heir. When there are no male heirs the dukedom merges back to the crown and may be created again. Williams case is slightly different as his dukedom will merge with the crown when he ascends the throne. If we take the example of the Duke of Edinburgh, its widely known that this title is intended for the Earl of Wessex but only when Charles becomes king. When Phillip dies it will pass to Charles as his eldest son and will only be recreated for Edward once it merges again with the crown when Charles becomes king. There was an instance of a female inheriting a dukedom, the granddaughter of Edward VII due to a special decree by him as her parents had no male heirs

Reactions: 8
The baby is supposed to be due in the summer. That bump / cushion looks about 7 months. Presume it will be called Diana
Looks like she's swallowed a Chesterfield there 😁
But the bump was much smaller with Oprah.
I'm sick of this bleep taking us for fools 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is such a crucial point though! IF the RF was racist and against a brown skinned baby, they wouldn't have agreed to the marriage, period. It makes zero sense that they would suddenly be concerned about the colouring of the baby once she fell pregnant. It's utterly absurd! Is she implying they were hoping for a magically white baby and that it just suddenly hit them: "Oh no, this biracial woman may perchance birth a brown baby! Let's ask her about this because we are such mean racists!"
Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you, I thought perhaps I wasn’t being clear.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Who said their was concern about the child not being white? Clearly that would be a ridiculous question as his mother was mixed race (and her mother was black).

this is almost my point (almost) Meghan didn’t say they were concerned about the child not being white. She very distinctly did not say that.

And as an aside (and as someone who is mixed race) I see no difference in someone discussing any physical characteristic about myself or my children be it hair colour, skin colour, leg length, height - those are not issues of racism - they are physical attributes, surely?
They don’t have anything to really paint them as victims so this is all made up in my opinion.
Harry is pissed Daddy has cut him off and he is too stupid to realise they just shot themselves in the foot with this interview. On the other hand I don’t think Megz cares. She’s all about hollywood

Reactions: 21
What’s tampongate please?
Years ago Charles told Camilla in a phone call that he wanted to be her tampon. It was a tapped line, the press recorded and released it and everyone laughed about it, except, presumably the BRF. If you run a google search I'm pretty sure you can hear the actual phone call.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
She used the word "concerned" they were concerned about the babies skin colour. So clearly not just an innocent discussion on what the baby might look like! Why would you be worried about a babies skin colour
She has since admitted that she didn't hear the comment.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Exactly right 🙌 so they treat her with respect, kindness and welcome her with open arms, then a year down the line they’re suddenly cruel evil racists who despair at the thought of a mixed race baby. Ugh MM is just so dreadful.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Regarding the racist member of the Royal Family, I would like to share the following anecdote because I've always found this to be a safe, supportive and non judgmental environment.

Me and my mum were on a bus a wee while ago. An African lady got on with the cutest wee baby you've ever seen. My mum loves babies and always talks to them. So my mum starts talking to the wee boy telling him and his mum how beautiful he is.

Then she said it - look at him - he's gorgeous - he looks like a wee chocolate button 😱😱😱

If the wee boys mum realised what why mum said, she didn't say anything. I believe we parted on good terms.

My reason for telling you this, is that sometimes people say things which come out wrong.

It could be that the person who mentioned Archie's colour is a dyed in the wool racist. It could be that they were trying to say I wonder who the baby will look like, but in a cack handed manner.

But one thing is for sure - by not naming the person, Harry has hung a black mark over them all!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Is it tomorrow that Thomas Markle is on GMB ? I’m very interested to see what he say about his daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Tomorrow will be interesting. Fight back starts View attachment 473447
Now that will be interesting. I really felt sorry for her when her Dad started giving all the interviews the first time around. I bought into the BS that he had been a terrible father. Now I realise that he was the one who raised her and was basically abandoned by her expect for the PR letter. And he's her Dad so he's not automatically being a hateful racist against her if he criticises something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.