Harry and Meghan #67 Your Majesty, please just take the ducking titles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still watching GMB on catch up, might have to report this to Advertising standards because she shouldn’t be allowed to advertise her book on ITV like this without product placement being used, she’s breaking advertising standards. Laughing so much at piers putting her in her place though, no one will buy it anyway after her performance laughing at Prince Phillip being in hospital
05A48D9F-F245-42B5-8931-3F730ADF8019.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
This has turned into a race debate and it’s ridiculous... it’s not to do with her skin colour! I don’t understand!! I understand that women of colour could relate to racism that other people have experienced but is this what this is about?! I feel it’s about two people who don’t need to tell their “truth” in the manner that they have. You don’t have to tit on other people to tell how you felt mentally. I’m sure there’s times Kate and will felt so low, but perhaps like they did you could make that about helping other young people with mental health problems not turn it about yourself? Funny how people are supporting Megan so fiercely but if someone they know felt that way they wouldn’t look twice. Just because the others aren’t on Oprah doesn’t mean they haven’t suffered too.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just trying to catch up with this thread and Sky coverage too. Sky have just said:

If you have been affected by any of this you can call the Samaritans.

🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Thomas will be interviewed by Piers in gmb this week I've read. Maybe tomorrow
I wonder if that meant they went back an edited stuff about him out in a bid to not 'encourage' him to find his voice etc etc etc *sicks up a bit*

Reactions: 7
On This Morning, a poll asking do you support or have sympathy with H&M, 64% said no !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Are you having a laugh!!! You've just said that the British Royal Family and the head of the Commonwealth have not been educated in how to converse with people who aren't like them. duck me, that's priceless. Meghan isn't the only one that doesn't know how the BRF works.
There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.

Reactions: 3
I thought Samantha markle would be all over this! Comments and on U.K. breakfast tv. Just how much have they paid to shut that one up! Very strange
I don't think that Samantha has been paid to shut up at all, but she probably realises that this is not the right time to criticise her sister when there is such outrage going on.

She probably feels ashamed to be related to that scum

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I’m genuinely confused about some of the contradictions. If you are able to contact the most influential woman in US media then you are not without “help”

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder if that meant they went back an edited stuff about him out in a bid to not 'encourage' him to find his voice etc etc etc *sicks up a bit*
No. From what I read it's a zoom call to him in Mexico and theyve paid a lot of money. Good! I wouldve chipped in!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Last 30 mill, need to get paid..
Smeg wants a part in The Little Mermaid!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Still watching GMB on catch up, might have to report this to Advertising standards because she shouldn’t be allowed to advertise her book on ITV like this without product placement being used, she’s breaking advertising standards. Laughing so much at piers putting her in her place though, no one will buy it anyway after her performance laughing at Prince Phillip being in hospital View attachment 472719
Blimey she is doing the rounds. She's just been on Woman's Hour being ANGRY. Britain and the Royal Family are systematically racist and Megan going on Oprah is a feminist move 🤭

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Paul Burrell (he was Diana’s rock, dontcha know? Spit) said something I actually agreed with.
When asked if Harry and Meghan would ever be able to return to The Royal Family he said along the lines of no, they’ve now gone from royal to celebrity and there’s no coming back from that.
God it's a mad world when he starts making sense. I think yet again they've made a massive error by overstepping themselves and trying to get some cheap digs in. If they'd just left it at the racism and lack of support, people would be outraged and it might have been difficult to challenge. But the fact she had to slag off Kate, mock the UK with the secret wedding and not knowing about the RF will be easy to disprove if she is lying. Then it makes you question everything else.

Looking back Harry is angry about the money and that's it. He's stupid and seems to think he can just waltz back and everyone will welcome him with open arms. He has nothing but his wife and god help me now as I'm agreeing with Donald Trump

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So much to think about and consider, I normally don't post on these threads but heavens as an Aussie I feel for the Brits, being labelled as racists among other things, when all I saw of peoples interactions with Meghan was adoration of her.
BUT what I wanted to say about the colour of the babies skin, I do believe IF anything was said could it maybe have been the family wondering and hoping that the baby would have Meghan's lovely olive skin rather than Harrys pale British colouring just a thought.
I actually didnt realise that Meghan was of mixed race either until it was mentioned. I fear we are using the lable of racist now in ways it wasn't meant to be used, which in itself detracts from genuine cases of racism, making people too afraid to comment on peoples colour, culture etc for fear of being labeled racist. We are all different, we have different coloured hair, skin, eyes etc, we have different cultures, religions etc lots of differences but we can't let discussing those differences or acknowledging those differences be called racism. A few different definitions of racism here is one example-
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.
Why do you think the Royal Family is racist?

Reactions: 2
Wtf is going on, yesterday Suzannah was as disgusted as Piers, even Lorraine and today they’re all feeling sorry for Meghan, can they not see she is playing everyone?
Mother Earth, this witch is making me feel like topping myself. - I have mental health problems too, wanna ask me if I’m ok? Silly girl.
They all work for ITV who will have told them what to think and say in order to get viewers tonight.

Except for Piers who they can't control. But that suits ITV anyway since his weighing in from the other side will also drum up viewers.

Reactions: 13
First let me prefix what I am about to say with the language in this comment is not meant to cause offence to any people of colour in this thread but just to point out the hypocrisy in Prince Harry’s interview today.

So in 2006 it came out that Harry used the P word multiple times and once on a recording, he also used the term r**head again on recording which is is quite frankly disgraceful. He has also most notably worn a nazi fancy dress costume. And yet now he is offended by comments people have made about his son’s skin colour, which yes is disgusting but for Harry to be offended so publically is laughable noting his history.

Furthermore do they really expect us to believe that in this interview nothing was off the table when Megan’s family were barely mentioned? All this was just mudslinging at the royal family, who absolutely have their faults (who’s family doesn’t?) but does not deserve this humiliation.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm Irish, literally no time for the Royal Family as an institution...buutttt
1)even I know Harry's kids aren't entitled to be a Prince or princess just like Zaras etc. Harry would know this too.
2)Megan wasn't prepared for Royal life, isn't this down to Harry to initially coach her on?
3) Her passport was taken away, was their context for this? I just remember her flying back and forth from the US.
4)They didn't care about her mental health while pregnant, Kate was excused while sick and pregnant so is she saying she asked not to go to these functions and was told she had to?
5) Wedding in a garden with only 3 people, didn't happen, and if it did it was illegal.
6)Why are they talking about stuff but then refusing to go into details
7)They talk of being "cut off" didn't that happen because they walked away, why would they be kept on the payroll?
8) What was the actual point of the interview if they love the Queen so much?
9)The comment about how dark their children would be was it a specific skin question or hair, given how ginger Harry is?
To be fair if that was the 1 comment that was racist I'm surprised, I thought there would be more to that angle, the royal family is a stuffy old institution, look at PP and Harry playing dress up being a Nazi.

Reactions: 27
The business of getting married 3 days before. How can it be legally binding without witnesses? She said it was just them and the archbishop?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.