Harry and Meghan #67 Your Majesty, please just take the ducking titles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s gone too far, Harry’s going to regret this FOREVER!! 😡
Here's the thing, though; he won't. He's seventh in line to the throne, he can't go off and play soldiers anymore, and he's realising that in the grand scheme of things, he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. He's been seen as 'poor baby Harry' ever since Diana died. He's been babied and excused since 1997. Nothing is EVER his fault; it's always someone else's. And right now, he's coming across as that three year old throwing a tantrum in Tesco because he can't have the same sweeties as his big brother.

Reactions: 28
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but if she and Eugeine were long time friends- how did she not understand any of the workings of the RF. it’s quite interesting that despite Andrew’s misdemeanours they spoke very positively about Fergie and the girls.
Is the "Meghan and Eugenie are totes friends you guys!!!" being used to explain why she thought it was okay to announce her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding? And then her second pregnancy when Eugenie's child was born?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She always thought she would be a Disney princess.....
It's the exact level of her understanding.
Stupid, stupid woman!!

Reactions: 25
Here's the thing, though; he won't. He's seventh in line to the throne, he can't go off and play soldiers anymore, and he's realising that in the grand scheme of things, he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. He's been seen as 'poor baby Harry' ever since Diana died. He's been babied and excused since 1997. Nothing is EVER his fault; it's always someone else's. And right now, he's coming across as that three year old throwing a tantrum in Tesco because he can't have the same sweeties as his big brother.
A perfect summationđŸ‘ŒđŸ»

Reactions: 13
Stark choice for Palace: bare knuckle fight with the Sussexes or leave it to William to resolve (msn.com)

There are some interesting articles out there at the moment!!!!!

..Buckingham Palace has a clear if uninviting choice. It can enter a bare-knuckle fight with the Sussexes, pointing out that there are some inconsistencies in their account and that not all perceived slights are justified. Not giving Archie a title of prince was, for example, part of Charles’s plan for a slimmed-down monarchy.

Or, it can stay aloof and watch the latter part of the Queen’s reign overshadowed by a scathing attack on its conduct, underwritten by one of its own members. My guess is that it will fall to Prince William — one of the few male royals is Harry does not seem to actively loathe — to sort this mess out. No doubt we’ll hear much use of the royal go-to word in extremity — “saddened”. This time, it doesn’t even begin to cover it...

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Why do you think the Royal Family is racist?
People here have already discussed Harry and Phillip stuff. If that sort of behaviour or opinions slip into outside conversations, or conversations which aren't public, that says a lot imo.
I'm sure there are family members who don't hold those opinions and are more up to date than someone like Phillip who's basically ancient and probably holds a lot of opinions that were acceptable sometime ago but aren't any more, which again is why conversations which correct this sort of stuff are important (even if they're useless). Also, even some of the younger Royals will have grown up or be growing up with family members that have those opinions and they will likely pick them up too. UK as a whole has an issue of institutional racism, so personal interactions between Royals and minorities or people of other cultures that go beyond their duties are probably few and far between because let's be honest, the rich aren't going to suddenly mix with the poorest of the society in their personal lives.
To paint a conversation that can easily be construed as curiosity in a racist way is personally not it for me. If you want to take the RF down or put them in their place and they have said racist stuff to you, you have far bigger ammo that won't be discounted as this has been.

Reactions: 1
The thing standing out for me, that I keep coming back to is when Oprah said somthing along the lines of, if you had the support/understanding you wanted, would you have left? And they both said no (paraphrasing with it all but you get my drift 😂) So if you got your way, and what you wanted, and could do what you wanted then you'd have stayed? But what about the bad press? The racism? The lack of control of your own life?
It just seems they flounced off in a huff because they couldn't stay in the family but do and say whatever they wanted
Nail on the head! well put

Reactions: 14
Didn't watch it but read the highlights - am I right in assuming her own family and their disgusting behaviour was never mentioned?

Reactions: 13
Stark choice for Palace: bare knuckle fight with the Sussexes or leave it to William to resolve (msn.com)

There are some interesting articles out there at the moment!!!!!

..Buckingham Palace has a clear if uninviting choice. It can enter a bare-knuckle fight with the Sussexes, pointing out that there are some inconsistencies in their account and that not all perceived slights are justified. Not giving Archie a title of prince was, for example, part of Charles’s plan for a slimmed-down monarchy.

Or, it can stay aloof and watch the latter part of the Queen’s reign overshadowed by a scathing attack on its conduct, underwritten by one of its own members. My guess is that it will fall to Prince William — one of the few male royals is Harry does not seem to actively loathe — to sort this mess out. No doubt we’ll hear much use of the royal go-to word in extremity — “saddened”. This time, it doesn’t even begin to cover it...
I suspect that while Harry might not actively loathe William, it could be a different situation on the other side. Also it could just be me but what sort of normal person actively loathes their family?

Didn't watch it but read the highlights - am I right in assuming her own family and their disgusting behaviour was never mentioned?
Not a word...yet

Reactions: 6
I'm hoping that whoever hands out Visa's for entry into the UK is currently making a big long list of every celebrity/politician etc in the USA who have come out in support of the narcissistic liar. Then they can easily lose the request for a Visa. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She always thought she would be a Disney princess.....
It's the exact level of her understanding.
Stupid, stupid woman!!
Remember when Bush (I think it was Bush anyway) came to stay at BP- they couldn’t believe how bad it was. I bet it was a shock to Meghan to see how frugally some royals live.

Reactions: 12
We need Freda this morning to chase off the humourless, uneducated,woke, inexperienced, blinkered, "you are all wascists" wankers on here. Wrong thread alert

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.
I agree with some of what you say.
However, when they were first dating Harry sent out a statement that Meghan was a victim of press racism - and media must stop with the hatred. Do you believe his family would then be idiotic/insensitive enough to say something racist about his wife or unborn baby?

Reactions: 15
Yes, not a word! I can only surmise that it’ll be mentioned on the next instalment - Gayle King programme I think, due UK time 12.00!

Reactions: 3
I do wonder what Eugenie is thinking now , oh hey girlfriend what a great interview.

Also I missed what was said about Fergie ?

Is the "Meghan and Eugenie are totes friends you guys!!!" being used to explain why she thought it was okay to announce her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding? And then her second pregnancy when Eugenie's child was born?

Reactions: 7
- She didn’t know about Harry, the royal family or what was expected of her. Yet we are constantly fed the narrative that she is highly intelligent and educated. Educated woman couldn’t operate Google? Or even feel curious enough to do so? If you're telling me no one informed her of what to do or what to expect, why didn’t she take the initiative herself? ‘Hit the ground running’ so to speak, and conduct her own research? If she didn’t then she comes across rather pathetic. But then we also have the rumours that she had Diana’s book, watched her wedding and the picture outside Buckingham palace! So was she completely ignorant in the picture, or is she lying now?
Ok I have to stop here, she has an International Relations degree, I do too. 70% of our classes in International Relations are International Relations History, so we do study -deeeeeeeply- all European Monarchies, there is no way she didn't have a good understanding of the RF.

Another thing I have in common with her (yikes! I hate having things in common with her) is that I'm a dark skin woman who married into a white family and it's natural to feel curious about what our babies will look like: will they have blue eyes and dark hair, will they have curls? it's normal!!!! If Harry had just the one conversation about it is completely normal, it just becomes racist if a member of the family is obsessively talking about future babies' skin tone.

This is why I don't like "woke" millennials, they are discovering warm water and getting offended by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.