Harry and Meghan #67 Your Majesty, please just take the ducking titles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 20 pages behind and have half an hour to catch up before I have to get on with work.

This interview is all about her trying to become 'The people's princess #2'. She's tit out of luck there though.
The whole thing was an acting performance, they contradicted each other throughout. I hope somebody sits down and pulls apart all her lies.
She's a devilish woman, nothing good will come of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
All this whinging and the biggest revenge they could have got on their apparent terrible treatment at the hands of The Firm would have been to have gone and led their best life.......having the success they wanted (on their own merits), the happy little family unit and continue with their causes and humanitarian work without the need to shout about it for clout!

If they had managed to do that.....I could have possibly had some respect for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't mean to be rude but are you seriously inferring that the head of the commonwealth and her family who are vastly experienced in making people from all walks of life and from far flung countries at ease "don't know how to address people". I'm not on the attack but seriously
They are told what to say, in everyday life they are pampered and treated with deference so that when it comes to ‘normal’ people who are different from them they don’t know how to act when they are behind closed doors. The Queen maybe has a better insight due to her travelling but I can see certain members acting up.

Reactions: 3
Just watching Pippie Schofield and they've just shown that clip again about whether she made Kate cry and did I see that Meghan did that Duper's delight smile when she said No? :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 18
wh
Definitely sounds worse in the interview, but thinking about it, if they commented on the skin colour it could have been out of curiosity rather than intent to offend or be racist. I mean we weren't there so who knows really. If it was an older member, like Phillip, as has been speculated, then sometimes older people are clumsy with what they say. I know my dad who is 74 occasionally says 'coloured' person and I have to correct him on it and tell him that isn't the right word to use. Whether there was racist intent by that member, who knows.
whose to say the comment was made in the terms of , I wonder who the the baby will be born looking like ie more like his mum than his Dad or vice versa and its been taken out of context to suit a certain narrative!

Reactions: 17
Don't mean to be rude but are you seriously inferring that the head of the commonwealth and her family who are vastly experienced in making people from all walks of life and from far flung countries at ease "don't know how to address people". I'm not on the attack but seriously
She's not actually friends with them or has deep chats with them. Let's be honest, you meet a stranger and you're probably not going to ask them what their experience of being a different race or culture is going to be - it would be a whole outrage if the Queen was to do that without actually being there to do it for some charity event or something of the like.
The family is in their own little wealthy bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I mean, it’s a pretty big issue all by itself. But from what I’ve watched it seems that this was the only topic where racism was directly mentioned.
Really, it's only her and then their interpretation of something that may or may not have happened. Like so many have said, it could have been a very innocent comment that she happily took offence at. I'm imagining a mixed race couple in my family. We would definitely wonder who the baby would take after. We 100% would discuss what colour they would be - and that would also be the same in a blond /brunette couple, a ginger/black haired coupling etc. It is human nature to wonder such things. Stepping into dangerous territory by making EVERYTHING offensive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Thread suggestion Harry and Meghan #68 Too slow to find a rhyme, in another hour it will be on 69

Seriously guys I have to go to bed soon, going to miss ten threads in my sleep 😂

Reactions: 15
I'm disgusted at Harry even more than her. He is a vile traitor.🤬

If the conversation about the colour of Archie's skin took place then he should have told the story and who the conversation was with, so at least then they would be able to defend themselves (or not as the case may be).

Meghan cannot verify that the conversation took place because she wasn't there which in a court of law is hearsay.

Harry is obviously determined that his brother should never be King which is what this is all about. Its the modern version of Game of Thrones.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Really, it's only her and then their interpretation of something that may or may not of happened. Like so many have said, it could have been a very innocent comment that she happily took offence at. I'm imagining a mixed race couple in my family. We would definitely wonder who the baby would take after. We 100% would discuss what colour they would be - and that would also be the same in a blond /brunette couple, a ginger/black haired coupling etc. It is human nature to wonder such things. Stepping into dangerous territory by making EVERYTHING offensive.
But if she and her husband felt it was racist and that there had been many comments on what shade Archie would be then why aren’t they allowed to express that. It’s very possible that comments were made 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
But if she and her husband felt it was racist and that there had been many comments on what shade Archie would be then why aren’t they allowed to express that. It’s very possible that comments were made 🤷‍♀️
Harry said one comment. You're in the wrong thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t believe they legally got married three days before the wedding.

Secret weddings in the UK are illegal. You have to give notice of your intention to marry & that must be published, usually on a board outside of the registry office. This is the case even if the registrar is travelling to a hotel or other venue. This has to be done at least 28 days before the wedding.

A special waiver of the 28 days can be approved in an emergency (like if someone is dying) but they wouldn’t have met the criteria.

You can also only sign the marriage register once. They signed it on the day we saw them get married.

Liars.
And they said it was the Archbishop of Canterbury who officiated??? dragging a man of the cloth into their web of lies. unbelievable .

• Wow
Reactions: 22
At the same time you'd hope that they would have pointed out that the question or similar comments weren't okay.
I've seen some tweets making it seem like Meghan could be a turning point for the RF, but Meghan and Harry to some extent would have had to work with the RF members to teach them that what they're saying or doing is wrong. Meghan just being there isn't going to change the world

Reactions: 2
The thing about this whole interview is... Two things can be true at the same time: this woman very likely experienced abhorrent racism, but she is also very obviously a bad actress, liar and narcissist. I watched some of the clips (and have been lurk-reading here for a while) and I do not believe a word she says. But, has the British press and the royal family been racist as duck towards her? Absolutely yes, come on!

But man, look at Harry, he looks miserable, and I just feel she is super controlling, sucking the life out of him. He looks like he doesn't even know who he is anymore and it is frightening to watch. I also do NOT buy her story that the colouring of the baby was an issue, that's just the most absurd thing I've ever heard, no way. And she couldn't even keep a straight face when Oprah doubled down on it. But naive Americans are eating it up, TikTok is full of clueless Gen Z girls calling M. a queen, eye roll.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Watching Trisha on with Piers...she said any discussion about the colour of a child’s skin is racist because “why does it matter?”

OK. So how about the bazillions of virtue-signallers crowing about “finally” having a mixed raced member of the BRF born-in? Those people must be racist too...because WHY DOES IT MATTER?

You cannot have it both ways. The automatic bad-faith assumption whenever anyone so much as mentions skin colour in this country is ripping society to threads. Conversation is dead because it’s too toxic to cope with anymore and the word “racist” no longer means a damn thing. It’s been overused by those whose motives are malignant.

I despair. I really bleeping do.
It does matter if BAME are being prejudiced, disenfranchised and attacked.

Cant have it both ways - skin colour either matters to pre-empt wrongs, or it doesn’t matter in which case there is no racism.

Reactions: 3
Eeek - Scobie on This Morning. He looks really different - less airbrushed!

Carolyn Durand just said that Meghan has said that she is in fact "Surviving and Thriving" :ROFLMAO: Kerching.....full house!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.