Harry and Meghan #63 A tyrant, a witch, a bullying witch: Smeggy’s victims finally snitch!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Twitter is the worst ever. Diana is trending. I should have known not to click on it. But I did. Cue thousands of tweets comparing Meghan to Diana. Meghan will be pleased.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Someone in a local FB group: "*Town name* against racism" has finally (I was waiting for it) posted about this current saga. The sentiment is 100% pro-Smeg and that obviously it's all racism-based. I'm so tempted to just ask whether it would be even remotely possible that Smeg is just not a nice person but I know better than to poke that hornet's nest.

What I also don't get, is that the bullying complainants seem to be "young women". I'd assume them to be on the more liberal end of scales (vs. Perhaps some of the old men in grey suits at the BP) and not automatically racist just because they work for the RF.
There is so much to unpack in this whole situation.
following that troller who ambushed the earlier thread (and was promptly shown the door, thank goodness) and this FB anecdote - iit would be useful for them to show the mountain of solid evidence that thee RF, Press and Brits have actually been racist. The dude who stupidly made the monkey reference (and was fired lickety split as a result) and the Fresh outta compton headline are the only two that I can think of. Perhaps a gentle request - possibly with in the guise of "I'm trying to collect the evidence so that my non-believing friends can see for themselves". Every time that has been asked in the past the sugars run for the hills

• Heart
Reactions: 37
If you are going to claim that the RF have been spreading lies about you which is what she has basically said then you better have the proof to back it up Meghan. This is going to be a car crash! I really don't want to watch it but I can't help myself!! I think the national grid might actually explode. There are no winners here and if her intention was to isolate and alienate Harry from his family - as she has done to hers - then slam dunk! This is so distasteful as I am afraid that in the middle of the worst time in modern world history for these 2 whingers to be on Oprah and farting about with James Corden - ffs!!! Plus Oprah will want her piece of flesh - she is not doing this to be kind - she is doing this to make money!! I cannot believe how stupid these 2 are and they will be the laughing stock among Royals across the globe!!! Kate was treated appallingly by the press early doors - and her family too - remember the headlines re her mum being referred to as 'doors to manual' - that must have been awful. Just recently Kate was criticized for saying motherhood was exhausting - which it is and she was empathising with mothers world wide. Meghan has never had the headlines some of the other's have had - good grief Camilla was ripped to pieces!!!!!! They were quite happy to be on the front pages on their wedding day - not so much when being called out for their continued hypocrisy. Don't preach about climate change and fly private jets, don't moan about your life from your $14m house in a $4k gown when just a few miles away from you there are homeless people on the streets. Self absorbed, self important, spoiled brats! I hope that the press absolutely rip them apart!!!
I vaguely remember a tabloid superimposed Camilla’s face on a horse (or was it the other way round?)

Fergie being called duchess of pork endlessly

Even st Diana got called out. The glums? Squidgeygate? Will Carlinh?

Reactions: 38
Sur
Twitter is the worst ever. Diana is trending. I should have known not to click on it. But I did. Cue thousands of tweets comparing Meghan to Diana. Meghan will be pleased.
I feel very sorry for William here - she was his mother too. Really awful of M&H to draw comparisons.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Urgh I really hate Twitter- not just about this parade everything. Just full of self serving gobshites that often cause more harm than good. I feel so sorry for William- having his mother dragged up like this every 5 minutes. Diana’s story was completely different- she stood tall in the face of adversity, did good work, broke down boundaries and proved her critics wrong. I can’t think of one moment that Meghan made me think “wow”.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Well, most of her sugars weren't even born when Diana was still alive. So they can compare all they can. Truth of the matter is that she is NOT a Diana, never will be. lol

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The last thread came and went faster than I could type comments... :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the new thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Is it the equivalent of E4? 🤣
It's like a cross between E4 and BBC2/3. It shows The Simpsons, Young Sheldon etc in the afternoon and like, Peppa Pig up until 2pm but it also has like Vikings ,Game of Thrones and Killing Eve (off the top of my head). So a bit of a mixed bag depending on the time of day. Plus they have some sport the odd time. This "interview" is a bit left of field for them though - they tend to stay away from any sort of celebrity culture unless it's literally an awards show. They have the Golden Globes every year and the Irish award shows but that's it

Reactions: 17
If you are going to claim that the RF have been spreading lies about you which is what she has basically said then you better have the proof to back it up Meghan. This is going to be a car crash! I really don't want to watch it but I can't help myself!! I think the national grid might actually explode. There are no winners here and if her intention was to isolate and alienate Harry from his family - as she has done to hers - then slam dunk! This is so distasteful as I am afraid that in the middle of the worst time in modern world history for these 2 whingers to be on Oprah and farting about with James Corden - ffs!!! Plus Oprah will want her piece of flesh - she is not doing this to be kind - she is doing this to make money!! I cannot believe how stupid these 2 are and they will be the laughing stock among Royals across the globe!!! Kate was treated appallingly by the press early doors - and her family too - remember the headlines re her mum being referred to as 'doors to manual' - that must have been awful. Just recently Kate was criticized for saying motherhood was exhausting - which it is and she was empathising with mothers world wide. Meghan has never had the headlines some of the other's have had - good grief Camilla was ripped to pieces!!!!!! They were quite happy to be on the front pages on their wedding day - not so much when being called out for their continued hypocrisy. Don't preach about climate change and fly private jets, don't moan about your life from your $14m house in a $4k gown when just a few miles away from you there are homeless people on the streets. Self absorbed, self important, spoiled brats! I hope that the press absolutely rip them apart!!!
You forgot Philip is in hospital, just got heart surgery, and these two selfish, entitled brats showing zero empathy.

She better show proof what lies the 'firm' is telling about her. It's all in her head. LOL

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Someone in a local FB group: "*Town name* against racism" has finally (I was waiting for it) posted about this current saga. The sentiment is 100% pro-Smeg and that obviously it's all racism-based. I'm so tempted to just ask whether it would be even remotely possible that Smeg is just not a nice person but I know better than to poke that hornet's nest.

What I also don't get, is that the bullying complainants seem to be "young women". I'd assume them to be on the more liberal end of scales (vs. Perhaps some of the old men in grey suits at the BP) and not automatically racist just because they work for the RF.
There is so much to unpack in this whole situation.
Wise move. My mantra: If an argument gets too close to home, leave it alone.

Regarding your other point, I look forward to seeing Guardian journos doing a lot of mental gymnastics and hand-wringing by trying to defend these women whilst not wanting to trigger the racism card by admonishing Meghan. Oh what a dilemma!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I do not get thos at all. They are teasing they will trash the RF with Oprah. But then what was that from Harry with Corden, the we-are-one-big-happy-zoom-family-with-the-queen?!
It's all in the timing, I think.

Valentine Low said in The Times that their story about Meghan's serial bullying of young women staff for several years was pieced together over many weeks. They put the story to Sussex reps and there was a legal exchange.

It feels like Megz team knew this was coming out before the Oprah interview, and made sure a few accusations of BP/RF lying are in the script. This story might even have been the trigger to rush out the Oprah interview.

The Corden comedy stuff was filmed a week or two earlier.

• Wow
Reactions: 43
Because it’s not tangible or overt so how exactly can examples be provided. The same way black women are 5x more likely to die during pregnancy? In a modern western country those stats are terrifying and are rooted in medical racism. But the average Brit will tell you “there’s probably just something in black womens dna that causes this” or a black person being followed around Sainsbury’s by security guards “oh they would’ve done that to anyone it’s not because they’re black”

These aren’t things that you can’t physically prove, but both are 100% examples of racism
Fair enough, but she needs to provide examples. Was she ever followed around Sainsburys? Did her staff ever ignore her requests and directions, raise their eyebrows at her, give each other knowing looks when she walked into the room? She was offered the best obstetric care when she was pregnant (?) with archie, but she refused to see any of them.

Does being mixed race entitle her to bully people? Exempt her from criticism? That's a recipe for disaster and leads to people not being held to account for any bad behaviour.

The RF bent over backwards to welcome her and the British public were happy to see her joining the RF. It all started off well.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I’m starting to think that they didn’t choose to leave the Royal Family but were told to leave. That’s why they ensured they announced it first. If they chose to leave then why are they so bitter? They got what they wanted.
No, I really believe they were told to go.

Oh and for Meghantoinette and her fans, here’s food for thought...

638227AE-73F2-4E6E-A3AD-F31BE54D6CB7.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Just finished reading the Rebecca English piece in the DM 🍿

I have a question about the other story in the news today about M kicking off because she wasn’t allowed to keep the designer freebies she was sent. I had no idea that wasn’t allowed and always assumed they kept whatever they were sent and subsequently wore. So are they expected to wear it, give the brand their exposure and then send the garments back?

Reactions: 26
I gotta go to bed, you guys....this thread is moving so fast. Was it only a couple of weeks ago we were commenting how boring they were now??

• Haha
Reactions: 24

I have a question about the other story in the news today about M kicking off because she wasn’t allowed to keep the designer freebies she was sent. I had no idea that wasn’t allowed and always assumed they kept whatever they were sent and subsequently wore. So are they expected to wear it, give the brand their exposure and then send the garments back?
What Kate apparently does for example is she will have a 95% reduction on things she wants as this gets around the problem of being gifted by designers

Reactions: 16
It's so obvious that 99% of the Meghan/Diana/What About Andrew Tweets are organised bot activity. I keep wondering how much this fake popularity is costing them...

Reactions: 30

They aren’t supposed to accept them at all - I think they are supposed to buy their own clothes - scandalous I know and they pay for it with money eventually derived from us, although Charles covers a lot of clothing costs from Duchy money.
It’s not like celebrity marching, the royals may choose to wear a certain designer but I’m pretty sure they are supposed to pay so there is no quid pro quo.

Reactions: 21
Because it’s not tangible or overt so how exactly can examples be provided. The same way black women are 5x more likely to die during pregnancy? In a modern western country those stats are terrifying and are rooted in medical racism. But the average Brit will tell you “there’s probably just something in black womens dna that causes this” or a black person being followed around Sainsbury’s by security guards “oh they would’ve done that to anyone it’s not because they’re black”

These aren’t things that you can’t physically prove, but both are 100% examples of racism
While I agree that there may be racism involved is in poor maternal outcomes I would argue that deaths in pregnancy is a poor example to be used, particularly if you use a blanket example of 5 times. 5 times what? Yes 5 times anything is bad, but I would argue that poor outcomes in pregnancy are for anyone who is not a standard teaching size whether in health, colour, weight or economics. The scandal here is that there is any disparity if you do not fit a clinical textbook example.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What Kate apparently does for example is she will have a 95% reduction on things she wants as this gets around the problem of being gifted by designers
Urgh - didn’t know that. Is just as bad - she can afford to buy stuff.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.