Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freda19

VIP Member
I tucked the text of the article under a spoiler tag after I posted it. Try reloading to see if it's there.They're claiming Harry has been advised to fly home to say goodbye to Prince Philip.
It's just OK. They talk shite. Usually. Hopefully.

Reactions: 11

Palpatine

VIP Member
It said that they are considered crown property as they are a gift from another head of state. I don’t know if she is allowed to keep them but she can’t sell them or give them away.
I suppose she could always “lose them” 🙄
MBS is the Crown Prince (next in line) not the King of Saudi Arabia. What difference that makes to ownership, I have no idea!

Remember I'm not a sugar.
Read an article re the earrings.
If true when did she wear them a second time? And also just cos the CIA didn't know till a certain date did UK know earlier?
Also she may have slipped them into a handbag once given but usually presents are handed to an aid so that beggars the questions:

Did the crown allow her to wear them once they were in the crown's vaults?
Did the aide receive them in the first place?

• Sad

Just_me1954

VIP Member
I just feel like BP are digging their hole deeper and deeper. Piers article in the daily mail earlier said that two staff that left had signed NDA’s. But now BP are saying they will do an HR investigation. I smell BS because how would they have signed NDA’s if BP were as unaware if they claimed and only investigating it years later to try and save face
They might t have signed NDAs with smeggy.

• Sick

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
At this point if the RF with all the power they have can't solve this whole drama, then I think their line after Brenda is a failer. As in GOT: Burn them all!

• Angry
Reactions: 10

MarinaScorpio

Chatty Member
Someone up thread did a breakdown of what the palace tried to do to contain the Meghan problem - then she scarpered. Usually if there are bullying accusations ultimately the bully can be sacked but they couldn’t sack Meghan. They all tried to talk to her but if she did indeed reject their mediation they had to handle it by paying people off and moving them around.
And on that note, they are saying they will do an investigation now (because they have to be seen by the public that they are now doing that), and they will conclude that their findings are that the allegations are unfounded, no bullying occurred, case closed. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10

nrs264

VIP Member
I lived through it too. No divorce, don't make me laugh. Ever heard of Princess Margaret? Henry VIII? Princess Anne? Those times in the 90s didn't nearly bring the Monarchy down, you exaggerate. Charles and Diana did the TV interviews to get their side across. There was not one person in the BRF actively pursuing a vendetta against the BRF in the 90s, there is now. They didn't denigrate the Crown and the Monarchy in the way that Harry and Meghan are. Charles, Diana and Fergie didn't make a mockery of Remembrance Sunday, they didn't tell the Queen that she doesn't own the word Royal. The didn't tell the whole world that everyone can live a life of service, they also didn't demean the whole meaning of HMTQ and Prince Philip's life of service to The UK.
I didn't say it didn't happen, I said it was still a no no, it had a stigma, even among the general public getting a divorce had more stigma than today. Certainly having all of the queens children going through it, when she was head of the church of England, wasn't a great look. They became a joke, a soap opera.

And yes, the monarchy was in a perilous position back then, public opinion was low and republicanism was on the rise. They weren't really serving a purpose. There was also the tax issue and the finances.

I'm not saying what Harry and Meghan aren't doing awful things (it isn't a straight comparison) but they are just two members who have left. In the 90s all of the queens children, high ranking working royals, were bringing scandal on practically a daily basis. Whether it was affairs, phone tapes, toe sucking etc. The Diana and Charles interviews (and books) were no less of a bombshell than Harry and meghan doing one, more so actually as it was unheard of at the time. Meghan is clearly taking a lead from Diana. Diana saying Charles wasn't fit to be king was a huge story. Everyone at a high level in the royal family were bringing it down, raising questions of what the point of them was. This all culminated with Diana's death which really was a crisis they just about survived.

Reactions: 9
Thanks for this! It is a snippet that has directly been put in there, and her UN credentials would have been brought up for all their worth had that been a significantly praiseworthy period of time. The aides have dropped that in for a reason, disappointed journalists haven't spoken to them yet!
I think this was based on someone appearing to be politically minded and being approached.
Just like world vision which has loads of ambassadors and young world or something that has loads of counsellors ( I think aka mentors in this context) . She's still on both of those sites.

Attachments

Tattyfilarious

I don't want a 'perfect' life - I'm more than happy with the life I have; but those diamonds would've been lovely!

• Heart
  • Haha

craftychick

I know a lot of young people have their heads screwed on and there's also a lot of batty old people but M&H have consistently skewed their PR towards the younger end of the market because they know that's where the majority of support for them lies.
And the most disposable income. Cos for her it’s all about the money

::insert monty python money song here::