Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Don't really get the hype for this Oprah stuff tbh. I can't imagine they will/have said anything new that they hadn't already.

I also imagine they can't actually say certain stuff because surely they signed or agreed to not mention the most secretive parts of the family, plus it's not in their best interest either.
I can't imagine they did an NDA. What would have happened if they refused? Kick him out and refuse to allow them to be married? That would have been bad PR. And if they had signed one? What bad optics that a WOC had to sign an NDA before being allowed to play with the people of power (white ones).

Reactions: 8
Slow evisceration in a round Robin so they can't all get legal attention! Lady C said press were running scared to be truthful but this will uncork the bottle I think. This is why we need a free press!!
I'm not convinced, if this is supposed to be scandalous then I don't think smeggy will be that worried! She has 12/13/14 PR staff to gloss over minor things like the Times story.

The U.N. woman tidbit of information is interesting though!

Reactions: 7

pellegrino

Chatty Member
@Oohthedrama
ETA 50s Girl pulled me up on this and you may have missed where I said it was probably just an unfortunate turn of phrase by you. I didn't accuse you of anything, I asked if you were taking the piss.

Reactions: 7

kittenattack

VIP Member
Haha oh god. The Rules. Vomit. How to manipulate a man into marrying you. Muh Feminism. Gross. Does't shock me though., she's materialistic as hell and treats men as meal tickets and ladders {chaos is a ladder eh ... . nah, not chaos, cock is a ladder George, COCK). She also writes exactly like a moron whose sole reading matter of choice throughout her life has been ad copy and American self-help crap infused with the kind of self-identification with one's brand of shoes that comes from someone who took Sex and the City and its grand scale cynical product placement seriously and uncritically at a formative mooment in their life. Identity formed via constant, vapid consumerism. People who think their Jimmy Choochoos or Manalo Blergh-niks are actually an important and wholly necessary part of their female character. Fetishization of certain consumer goods internalized as 'who I am'. Gross.

I read the first 150 pages or so of FF (a press e-copy someone passed around a forum I was on for mockery purposes, like fuck I'd ever pay for her vapid shite) and what struck me immediately, from the first page, apart from the kind of syrupy, cringey prose a sixth fomer should be embarrassed to write, was the constant label-droping, as if designers one seeks out are a vital part of one's personal identity, and fruthermore, one sould be super fucking impressed by Smeg's access to such goods, and lick her taint for having them, as it proves she's Better Than Thou. Reall;y gormless, unpleasant tripe.
Rather reminds me of a certain Patrick Bateman 🤔

Reactions: 6

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Nothing compared to the 90s? Anne, Charles and Fergie were busy having affairs and destroying their own marriages. I don't actually recall any of them busily trying to destroy their heritage and insulting their Mother and Father I don't recall them being interviewed on Primetime American TV. I'm also quite sure that none of them described the whole of the British Isles as racists. I think that you may have the wrong end of the stick Sugar.
They were hardly likely to though, being white.

Reactions: 4