Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freda19

VIP Member
We have to work ‘Fresh Prince of Hot Air’ into the next thread title.

In fact

Meghan & Harry #51 The Fresh Prince of Hot Air: from Royal Stock to Laughing Stock.
Harry & Meghan #51 .The fresh prince of hot air and meggy with the manky hair.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
The real problem with Meghan Markle: she just doesn’t speak our language
No doubt the Duchess means well. But to jaded British ears, her earnest gushing is like nails down a blackboard
MICHAEL DEACON
COLUMNIST
19 December 2020 • 6:00am
Michael Deacon

Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle is to present a series of podcasts with Prince Harry, featuring ‘stories of hope and compassion from inspirational guests’CREDIT: Dominic Lipinski - WPA Pool/Getty Images

God bless Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. I’m sure they mean well. But if I have to listen to their new podcast, I fear my toes will curl so violently that surgeons will be helpless to straighten them out again.
The promotional trailer is painful enough – with its earnest promises to share “stories of hope and compassion from inspirational guests”, and to “bring forward different perspectives and voices that perhaps you haven’t heard before” to help the people of the world “find common ground”.
Listening to it, I began to suspect something. The main reason so many British people struggle to see eye-to-eye with Meghan – well, aside from the whole “quitting the Royal family” thing – is the language she uses. Sadly, we just don’t understand her. Because she doesn’t speak English. She speaks Californian.
It’s a curious language, Californian. Essentially, it’s like a hippie version of corporate management-speak: schmaltzy gushing mixed with robotic jargon. It’s the language of people who are perpetually boasting about how “humbled” they are. And there appears to be nothing on earth they aren’t “passionate” and “excited” about, or “empowered” and “inspired” by.

Take any statement released under Meghan’s name. When they start work for Netflix, she and Harry aren’t merely going to make TV shows; they’re going to “share impactful content that unlocks action”, and produce “powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens”. The American coffee company Meghan’s just invested in, meanwhile, doesn’t just sell hot drinks; according to her, it offers “a holistic approach to wellness”.
To her fellow Californians, phrases like these no doubt seem entirely unexceptionable. But to British ears, they’re excruciating. They’re just so… sincere.
So showily, extravagantly, ostentatiously sincere. To the extent that they barely sound sincere at all.
Over here, we don’t really trust sincerity – or at least, not the gushing Californian kind. We tend to feel more comfortable around understatement, self-deprecation, sarcasm, irony. Great noisy displays of sincerity make us itch and squirm.

I don’t mean to pick on Meghan. She can hardly help it. And anyway, it’s not just her. Her husband, to judge from their podcast trailer, now appears to be fluent in Californian himself.
I’m sure he’s a very nice man. But these days he always seems to be trying so desperately, agonisingly hard to say the right thing.
Or at least, what he imagines to be the right thing.
" to British ears, they’re excruciating. They’re just so… sincere.
So showily, extravagantly, ostentatiously sincere. To the extent that they barely sound sincere at all.
Over here, we don’t really trust sincerity – or at least, not the gushing Californian kind."

In bold in the original and in quotes here - this just about sums up how the response I feel when I see yet another article attempting to positively promote them - they are exruciating, like severe toothache only resolved by extreme measures like root or complete extraction.
Nothing they do seems genuinely sincere. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
We all know they are grifting. And we all know, now, that this has been the case from the start despite their pathetic attempts to label us as a racist and unfriendly nation towards the Borg queen of sugars.... their lies and scheming is coming home to roost and there will be honest enough journalists who will eventually broadcast a documentary in time, with evidence, of the scheming that has gone on. They may be rolling in the imaginary fruits of their labours just now, but these fruits will turn to sewage and sludge when all is revealed. It's harder to fall from a great height than a short one...

Sorry, rant over.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

nrs264

VIP Member
Adaptogens? Cripes.

from a recent Harvard Business Review " Leaders with good judgment listen for what’s unsaid. They surround themselves with people who will tell them what they need to know — not what they want to hear. And they think carefully about the risks of implementation — even for small projects. "
HBR are spot on. The problem is Megan sees herself in the humanitarian and influencer role, but that's it..its a role to her. And there is the problem. She isn't authentic about anything, she's playing at it. There is no depth or credibility to what she says. So why should people listen to you when you are coming at it from a self interest point of view and not a desire to help. She has completely missed the point.

Princess Diana, for her faults, did genuinely care and put in the work with her charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
If she ends up at bidens inauguration I hope the Queen immediately strips them both of their titles, access to trust funds and any sort of money, puts an injunction on them so that if they did any kind of interview the money would go straight to the RBF. I just want her exposed so badly that the world goes 'ugh we actually supported that fraudulent yacht girl'

• Heart
  • Haha

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Tourre Bakhai

Tourre Bakahai (@TourreBakahai) Tweeted:
Obsessive self-publicist who lives in a $14 million mansion, with an army of servants and millions of dollars worth of unearned cash, has discovered "the value of food" and feels the need to explain it to stupid poor people.

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member

Interesting
That's the set up where she was obviously carrying a doll and grinning inanely at the camera. Disgusting that she's been able to get away with this as the court case was her way of getting paid.
I really wish that the paps would just avoid them like the plague from now on because we all know that Smeggy really hates to be ignored.

• Heart

Wu Tien

there’s the question of Andrew.
I have never been a fan of the Yorks - I've always thought Fergie a dreadful creature - but Andrew's 'crime' is a lapse in judgement for being friends with the paedophile Epstein, continuing to be friends with him and, finally, not acknowledging that this was poor judgement. None of those actions are illegal, though they certainly are not admirable. He is accused of having sex with a young woman who was over the age of consent in New York. There has been no trial and no verdict on this.

As far as Hazno leaving his handler: it will never happen. They have a classic co-dependent relationship where one person (Smeg) is in total control and the other (Hazno) is in thrall to them. When you add to this the fact that Smeg is a narcissist and Hazno is as thick as mince and emotionally stunted you have a marriage what will end only when the controller puts a halt to it.

• Heart

Silbee

VIP Member

Marriage is over according to blind gissip.
As much as I'd like this to be true, I have to wonder about the new Spotify gig as well as the alleged ongoing Netflix one.

Blind gossip is often right about the stuff they put out but quite often they're wrong, too.

Too good to be true? I don't want to get my hopes up, I know it's a terrible thing to say about someone's marriage but that woman ...

• Haha
Let them have their fun, will be even more satisfying to see them fall, come the review and also something's due in Court in January isnt it?
I know I should make better use of my time but I really do get cheered up by watching the Harkles galumphing haplessly around, doing ever more random things and begging us all to look at them. Just when you thing it can't get weirder... there she is again, in another awful blouse, with weird hair and another new face, or there he is, balancing somehow in front of a picture of a sofa, shouting 'hi guys' and gurning at another group of startled unfortunates. Occasionally he can't even be bothered to do that, so he hires a looky-likey with different coloured eyes and a gap in his teeth.

It's all priceless and I can't stop watching, even though I know I should. I expect I'm what the sugars call a 'hater', but I don't hate the Harkles, I just find them very, very odd.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

freda19

VIP Member
Ah I see. No it’s from the Royal Family thread. It’s turned into a bit of an anti-Kate thread.

I was a tad confused but it doesn’t take much these days! 😄
Ah right. They're nuttier than squirrel shit in that thread, so fuck 'em.:m

Since you can't have H&M threads on DS Tanya and her crew are scraping the barrel for threads to demonstrate how woke they are...idiot Laurence Fox is the latest 'nasty/vile/evil/fascist/racist/homophobic/anti trans genderist devil's spawn' person they can lecture on.
I quite like Laurence Fox.
Even if I don't agree with him sometimes, at least he marches to his own beat and isn't one of the wokey sheeple zelebs.

Last edited:
  • Heart

freda19

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Heart

liar liar

VIP Member
Plus Megz, her sainted Mama Doria, whoever introduced them, Markus A and the Soho House crowd.... And all his friends.

But mostly the Daily Fail Comments. Just because.

(He won't come back to the RF as a working royal but he'll come back to Bank of Pa, a team of wise heads around him to keep the crooks away, and some agreement that he keeps a lowish profile for a decade or so.)
Meanwhile, back in Blighty, his brother and wife are t00k their kids to see a Pantomime. How JCMH must have thought how much his son is missing out on. Eugenie and Zara will soon have their kids to be taken into the royal fold and welcomed by their cousins. Poor Archie has no playmates - not healthy at all.

• Sad

kev1974

VIP Member
I don't think she should put that hideous grandma blouse up on Meghan's Mirror. It would be better on Meghan's Mishaps.

What has she actually done for the pandemic anyway? She delivered a couple of ready meals to some guy in Los Angeles that turned out to be quite well off, and spent five minutes in front of her camera crew at a baby charity. Try getting a job doing supermarket deliveries for a few months love if you want to help.

• Heart

wkdlass

I think E&J just stayed at Frogmore while their place was being decorated. Megain got wind of it and was annoyed nobody asked her permission so put out the story and now has egg on her face

• Wow

kev1974

VIP Member
I love how these two clowns who "left the royal family so that they could control their own narrative" are now beholden to Netflix and Spotify, two of the biggest names in global media publishing, and their rules and contracts and legal divisions. They might as well go the whole hog and sign up with Murdoch or even the Mail to do a weekly column next.

Honestly, the clowns gave up the protection and experience of the Royal Family institution, to be controlled by the Netflix and Spotify empires instead? Could not make it up.

Oh yea and a hipster coffee company whose products are so amazing they have to beg for publicity by shoving some packets in a wicker basket along with what look like weeds or broken fir tree branches and "gifting" it to Oprah :ROFLMAO:

The Queen must be laughing her ass off daily at these two. I hope she trolls them with a discarded cup of muddy coffee on the table in her Christmas message.

• Haha
  • Heart

sergeantsantiago

This video came up on my recommended and Meghan could never. Kate always looks incredible, but the one-shoulder dress at 3:43 is breathtaking.

If this grace and class is what Meghan is trying to emulate she's doing a piss poor job.

• Heart

NutMegandCinnamong

This Fresh Prince of Hot Air read is baffling. did Hazzard REALLY refer to inequality as not being unfortunate... LIKE A CAR ACCIDENT? eesh
So he would be fine if someone summed up his mother’s death as “unfortunate”, would he? What a bellend.

If the blind about their marriage over is true, I honestly don’t want him back in the UK, he’s a complete laughing stock and has dragged his own family into this sham of a marriage. He can stay in Califauxnia all alone for all I care.

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Tier 4 fucking lockdown 😭 I'm bloody pissed off

And the Harkles are still cunts 🤬

Good article but I take issue with this:

They are a big loss to the institution and the nation,” said a friend of the royals

I don't think those money grabbing selfish bastards are any loss at all.
Absolutely agree with you. That bit made me :rolleyes:
He can stay fucked off enjoying his roast chickenings, because they won't last. She'll do what pricey does ... switch off the sex tap once she's chewed the bloke up mentally. He'll still hang in hoping to recreate those halcyon days of giraffes and perfect yoga poses at sunset, and watching her shitting in the woods(kinky cunts). But once she loses interest he's fucked .... or rather no longer fucked, and the marriage will die a slow laborious death.I hope. Oh God I'm in such a bad mood, totally triggered ... 🤬

off topic, but fuck it. Damn sis in law called today and the cunt insisted on hugging my bloke(her bro) ... proper sloppy-chops-hugging and clinging like a bloody baby orangutan but uglier ! When she approached me I held my hands up and backed off and the bitch was raging 🤪. Be proud of me guys, because I refrained from saying "It's stupid cunts like you that have us going into another lockdown FUCK ORF!" Thank fuck the kids were not around to be slobbered over. As soon as she was gone I ordered (yes, very sorry etc etc, but firmly ordered) the bloke to go take a shower and change into fresh clothes whille I sanitised everything she touched and threw his clothes in a wash. I'm not OCD normally but she's a gallivanter, always in everything running around like a blue arsed fly, stupid bitch is likely a super spreader. grrrr:cautious:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry