Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Invictus 2023 cost $42 million. 94% of it was covered by German tax payers while only 6% of it came via donations. The Germans requested a cost breakdown and found that 24% of the budget was spent on security, accommodation and side events. Invictus 2018 in Sydney by comparison cost circa $18 million. It has more than doubled in five years and 2025 already has financial concerns despite securing $30 million from the Canadian/British Columbia governments. The Invictus Foundation, given that it is over budget, will wind up paying for private flights, accommodation and security costs for nonsense like "commemorating" the one year lead up to the actual games. Sponsors like Amazon, Jaguar and Land Rover have also pulled out with just ATCO (who?) as the corporate sponsor. So given the spiraling costs and the loss of household name sponsors what is the intelligent thing to do? Go and use your (dwindling) fame to rouse interest and sponsorship? Make amends with your famous family whose buy in to Invictus might attract investment money, more sponsors? Stop being a polarizing idiot and actually do the job of being Patron? Nah, lets court Nigeria as a potential host nation because they will give us the attention/money/costs our mutual narcissism has been craving the best thing to do to reduce our costs (especially for security) is to have the games hosted in a country which, per the US State Department, has a Level 3 travel advisory which aligns with concerns over crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping and armed gangs. Genius really. 👍
I'm surprised that the German tax payers were willing to foot a bill that size for this event, it's not the Olympics. Unless they can attract big sponsors then the whole project is at risk now surely? More and more countries will decline to host if its prohibitively expensive.

I certainly don't believe that the Nigerian government are going to fork out that sort of money 😁 even if the competitors are willing to go there, which is extremely doubtful.

What started with good intentions for veterans has now been absolutely ruined by the grifting pair. I foresee that the whole of Invictus is going to crumble at this rate. This would be a shame for the competitors but I hope it does go tits up because Harold isn't fit to hold any position of power. He deserves for his pet project to crash and burn.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

kev1974

VIP Member
I hope someone is busy putting new curtains up in their hotel room since she appears to have ripped them down and chosen to wear them today?

• Haha

wibble

VIP Member
Them gifts were a bit rude.

Fair enough the shawls and scarfs to stop the Great She Ostrich flashing her wares.
But it was less than subtle giving them toothbrushes, deodourant, Listerine, Odour-Eaters and Highgrove Strawberry jam.

• Haha
  • Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
Perhaps a little more time should be spent on the 'boring' legal stuff you're obliged to do.

Screenshot:

Screenshot_20240513-094318_kindlephoto-670304696.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
He too, is a grifter. His family are in Oil in Nigeria I believe? He ‘only picked up a camera for the first time 8 years ago’

I think there’s some bits in the Wiki.
He’s either a grifter or very smart.
No talent but getting paid as Smegs personal photographer.

ps…bit chuffed about getting the thread title. Can’t remember who told me to put if forward, but thank you!

• Heart

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
Daily Mail
"Meghan brings the sunshine! Duchess visits Lagos State Governor's House with Harry in a stunning yellow dress as she honours her Nigerian roots by ditching neutral colours for bright tones - after arriving for day three of 'quasi-royal' tour".
The State Governor is described as "the No. 1 citizen of the Lagos State Government".

GB News
"Speaking to GB News, royal commentator Schofield highlighted how the Prince "inspected Nigerian troops" during the trip, claiming it is an "odd" engagement for someone who is "not a working royal".
"Criticising Harry's involvement with the troops, Schofield told GB News: "Despite being stripped of his military titles by the late Queen Elizabeth, Prince Harry in Nigeria was seen inspecting the troops. This is odd."

• Angry
  • Sick

kev1974

VIP Member
Surely this circus closes tonight and the pair of them will be fecking off back to monteshitshow? Tell me it's so?

I presume they must be desperate to get back to the flatpacks who they have left on the shelf / in the bin at home yet again?

• Haha
  • Sick

ToodliePips

VIP Member
Nigerian are amazing , they call out bollocks lol 😂 my ancestry is mostly Scottish my mum , grandparents and my dad's family originate from Scotland. I was born in England , I have an English accent I did a DNA test and family tracing (due to a rare surname you can trace the line back ) I have loads of Norse DNA my paternal ancestors were Viking raiders who landed on Orkney. I can't fathom calling Norway or Scotland my country I have never been to Norway 😂😂I am from England with Scottish heritage. Shes fucking ridiculous lol
I haven’t done DNA testing as I object to them being able to hold onto the result for their own purposes, but I have done my family tree and discovered that in 500 years my maternal family line moved all of 5 miles down the road. After that, they became daring and spread out about 25 miles😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Watched a programme this afternoon about D Day. Princess Elizabeth, Princess Margaret and their friends snook out of Buckingham Palace and found themselves mingling with "normal" people and enjoyed the experience. Elizabeth really got into the swing of dancing, and joined in a conga, whilst it seemed that nobody realised who they were. Then they noticed it was 11pm and they had to walk back home through a salubrious area. Their friends were being interviewed to tell the tale, and managed to find footage of the dancing. It was lovely. Right scallywags those two. 😅

• Heart

JAR21

VIP Member
I asked a few pages back so I may have missed any reply, but what does Shouty Shola have to say about this whole charade? Honestly, I would laugh my arse off if Shola takes agin her and becomes very much anti-Meghan. That would make my fucking day. :ROFLMAO:
There's very little. She's on a pro Palestine / anti Israel rant.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 08.17.28.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 08.17.36.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Ubu1uk

VIP Member
The media love printing these Harkle articles not just for the clicks but because they know the comments will be scathing and say what they dare not say yet.

• Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member

Brilliant 😁

Ms Slocombe noted how she believes Harry holds either an A-1 or O-1 visa, which, depending on the type, would play a role in admissibility issues. The first is usually issued to diplomats or government officials, while the second is for those with "extraordinary abilities or achievements"

This bit interests me as he's definitely not got any "extraordinary abilities or achievements". 😂😂😂

He isn't a government official nor a diplomat.

So ........

• Haha
  • Angry

ToodliePips

VIP Member
Oh my god, you can still see the lines from where the ‘blanket’ has been folded! Is she allergic to ironing?
I suspect that in an effort to cover her up, the material/shawl has been given as a gift and then PLACED on her so she couldn’t just hand it off to an aide.

• Haha
  • Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
Air Peace?

Someone's taking the piss.. lol...
Oh dear.

He was actually part of the welcoming committee at the airport.

According to Wikipedia the case is ongoing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

KatLit

VIP Member
The meeting of the "suits" on Friday in London regarding the trip will lead to something being done about the gruesome twosome I have no doubt.
IMHO they were not there at the behest of the UK gov't, or sanctioned by the King.
Rope _ hang_ themselves springs to mind. I really believe something is coming down the pipe. Maybe not as quickly as we'd like, but then, it's not up to us, is it?

• Wow
  • Heart

wibble

VIP Member
Why doesn't she get any of her clothes shortened? The banana kaftan has been the most appropriate thing she's worn in 3 days but it's dragging on the floor.
She is three inches taller in real life than she is in photos.

• Haha
  • Heart