Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw this 🤷🏽‍♀️
While I wouldn't put it past her putting her own name in there MWX is more likely the Mountbatton Windsor Foundation. If I'm right it's a smart move from her, using the RF surname to keep 'her royal' connections at the forefront, I don't know if the surname is under the same restrictions as the word Royal?

Reactions: 16
I'd be v surprised if they're allowed use the family name to make money allegedly, sorry do charity...
They aren't allowed to use SussexRoyal so most likely the Foundation name has been changed to something permitted (and neutral) if it takes a long time to finally wind up. It kills it off immediately.

(And if any embarrassing stuff comes out in the months to come, **Charities Commission** the stories will refer to dull-sounding MW rather than the radioactive Sussex Royal failed brand)

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Daughter’s birthday here and have 18 pages of this thread to catch up on at some point today ;) but wanted to quickly share this here. Apologies if it has been shared before. Found this book in the US - wonder if Obie is aware of it and if it had any influence. If so then the ‘Finding Freedom’ reference may be to this and not Nelson Mandela.
Wouldn’t it be great if they sued Scobie and Durand for IP theft?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I can't imagine Phil the Greek would be happy if the Gruesome Twosome used his surname.

"

The Royal Family name
People often ask whether members of the Royal Family have a surname, and, if so, what it is. Members of the Royal Family can be known both by the name of the Royal house, and by a surname, which are not always the same. And often they do not use a surname at all.
Before 1917, members of the British Royal Family had no surname, but only the name of the house or dynasty to which they belonged.
Kings and princes were historically known by the names of the countries over which they and their families ruled. Kings and queens therefore signed themselves by their first names only, a tradition in the United Kingdom which has continued to the present day.
The names of dynasties tended to change when the line of succession was taken by a rival faction within the family (for example, Henry IV and the Lancastrians, Edward IV and the Yorkists, Henry VII and the Tudors), or when succession passed to a different family branch through females (for example, Henry II and the Angevins, James I and the Stuarts, George I and the Hanoverians).
Just as children can take their surnames from their father, so sovereigns normally take the name of their 'House' from their father. For this reason, Queen Victoria's eldest son Edward VII belonged to the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (the family name of his father Prince Albert). Edward VII's son George V became the second king of that dynasty when he succeeded to the throne in 1910.
In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name.
At a meeting of the Privy Council on 17 July 1917, George V declared that 'all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendants who marry or who have married, shall bear the name of Windsor'.
The Royal Family name of Windsor was confirmed by The Queen after her accession in 1952. However, in 1960, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh decided that they would like their own direct descendants to be distinguished from the rest of the Royal Family (without changing the name of the Royal House), as Windsor is the surname used by all the male and unmarried female descendants of George V.
It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.
This reflected Prince Philip's surname. In 1947, when Prince Philip of Greece became naturalised, he assumed the name of Philip Mountbatten as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy."

Reactions: 19
If it is Jessica who has issued her own private statement to the court, what does that mean, can anyone make sense of that?

Reactions: 13
Chris Ship summing up events of today so far. I don't think this will go Meghans way.
NONE of her case makes sense, if she 'didn't know' about the 5 and the letter in advance but is fine about a book that lays bare everything there is about the 'private' couple and they know their friends spoke why aren't they suing OS etc...

Reactions: 23
I also like Abigail Spencer for this. She's like Meghan's clone where the rhetoric is concerned.
Would imagine any of the ladies' lawyers would advise them to make a short statement and try to stay clear of this mess. Particularly if they weren't involved in discussions of the Thomas Markle letter.

Giving a few 'my friend Meg is a lovely sweet person' quotes to People magazine would have seemed like no big deal at the time.

Reactions: 11
I also like Abigail Spencer for this. She's like Meghan's clone where the rhetoric is concerned.
I didn’t realise she also had People links. It would make sense that she’s be more touchy about it being made public than MLP

Reactions: 12
BTW sorry my last post came out so huge 😬I was trying to copy just a short chunk from Royal Family website but the whole damn thing copied and I ran out of editing time - I think my editing time suffered in The Great Downgrading.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.