Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG, big mistake going to look at the Amazon reviews. As a result had to use both blue and brown pumps to deal with the resulting asthma attack from laughing so hard ...

View attachment 195609View attachment 195610
I'm sorry, I hope you're OK now! šŸ’Ø

Those reviews sound gratuitously cruel but I saw the odd photo from the book and they really are terrible, not even in focus, you can't tell what the subject was intended to be. What's he going to do with his life as a married man and presumably a father?

To keep it on topic I think this is a problem BB shares with Harry - unearned privilege and no genuine drive or sense of purpose.

I'll be interested idly curious to see which prince is invited to the wedding. Whether they accept is a different thing altogether!

Reactions: 19
Briefly, then its back to the day job (well Im retired actually).

Anyway its not Judgment being handed down its a full on hearing (eye-wateringly expensive). God knows whats been going on since they first made the Application. Meghan is being reprsented today by Sherbournes head of chambers the very well connected highly political Justin Rushbrooke QC. This could be because Sherbourne is so busy or just because they need a very big hitter. Anyway he has the advantage of not having made a fool of himself in front of the same judge but he's only as good as his arguments.

He is arguing that the famous five should be treated as journalistic sources who enjoy protection under s10 of the Contempt of Court Act which prevents such sources being identified to prevent them being sued/sacked/persecuted thus deterring people acting in the public good by (typically) Whistleblowing corporate wrongdoing and the like.

Ingenious, also not quite how this was first being put which suggests some frantic re-thinking, but surely the problem is that they are not just Whistleblowers acting in the public interest. They are also witnesses and the reasons for doing what they did are key elements of the whole case. Usually the motivation, and thus to an extent the identity, of a journalistic source is irrelevant but here its not what was disclosed but why and how that matters. Fascinating actually but still they have an uphill struggle imho.

One thing for sure is that we are highly unlikely to get a decision today. Also this is almost certainly going to end up being Appealed (some very fancy legal issues are being dragged in) which buys more time for settlement with the identity remaining undisclosed which may well be the ultimate strategy of the Claimant.

Bye - aunty is having a lovely time btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Anyway its not Judgment being handed down its a full on hearing (eye-wateringly expensive). God knows whats been going on since they first made the Application. Meghan is being reprsented today by Sherbournes head of chambers the very well connected highly political Justin Rushbrooke QC. This could be because Sherbourne is so busy or just because they need a very big hitter. Anyway he has the advantage of not having made a fool of himself in front of the same judge but he's only as good as his arguments.

He is arguing that the famous five should be treated as journalistic sources who enjoy protection under s10 of the Contempt of Court Act which prevents such sources being identified to prevent them being sued/sacked/persecuted thus deterring people acting in the public good by (typically) Whistleblowing corporate wrongdoing and the like.

Ingenious, also not quite how this was first being put which suggests some frantic re-thinking, but surely the problem is that they are not just Whistleblowers acting in the public interest. They are also witnesses and the reasons for doing what they did are key elements of the whole case. Usually the motivation, and thus to an extent the identity, of a journalistic source is irrelevant but here its not what was disclosed but why and how that matters. Fascinating actually but still they have an uphill struggle imho.

One thing for sure is that we are highly unlikely to get a decision today. Also this is almost certainly going to end up being Appealed (some very fancy legal issues are being dragged in) which buys more time for settlement with the identity remaining undisclosed which may well be the ultimate strategy of the Claimant.

Any thoughts about the removed The Times article? I just read it again and if it's true it is pretty amazing. Meghan has in that case not seen har dad since at least June 2016. Harry has never met him. Yet they claim that the media destroyed her relationship with him. Also, where did the article go?

Reactions: 22
New thread suggestion: Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in fo' me: The paranoid prince & his pretentious paramour

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Fascinating. And how ironic that they are using an act designed to protect the Press to ATTACK the Press!

Reactions: 20

Thanks for the overview. I really needed this spelt out, the law is like an off-world language for me.

Wherever you are carry on have a lovely time. x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you Team JCM for your VIP comment ā¤ x and thank you to Margot1977 on your comment on my Mini Omid on his chair pic ā¤ x
I will add Norbs pic that was requested yesterday...I be adding that on tonight šŸ™‚

I am just going though my reactions and then catch up as much as the thread is moving very fast.

Pics will go on tonight as have to catch up

I will leave this pic here for now..sorry on some mistakes..sadly struggling with my eyes at the moment...got opticians sat as need stronger glasses as getting alot if headaches lately.

Norbs pic will be on at my usual time šŸ™‚x

Polish_20200729_023852275_resize_39.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you Team JCM for your VIP comment ā¤ x and thank you to Margot1977 on your comment on my Mini Omid on his chair pic ā¤ x
I will add Norbs pic that was requested yesterday...I be adding that on tonight šŸ™‚

I am just going though my reactions and then catch up as much as the thread is moving very fast.

Pics will go on tonight as have to catch up

I will leave this pic here for now..sorry on some mistakes..sadly struggling with my eyes at the moment...got opticians sat as need stronger glasses as getting alot if headaches lately.

Norbs pic will be on at my usual time šŸ™‚x

View attachment 195679
I love how you thank everyone Pom - its like youve just received an Oscar.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
"Today a skeleton argument presented to the court by Meghan's legal team said: 'To disclose their identities to the public at this stage is an unacceptable price to pay for the right to pursue her claim for invasion of privacy'.

But in an embarrassing moment during the application Meghan's QC Justin Rushbrooke accidentally said the surname of one of the five friends the Duchess of Sussex is seeking to keep anonymous." šŸ¤­

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
This is why Wills is loved and Harry has made a twit of himself
it is crazy to think that both William & Harry pretty much lived the same life, experienced the same traumas ..you could argue that William had to face more because he was older, understood and saw more things than Harry did back in the day...and on top of that has had to carry the ā€œburdenā€ as it could be seen, as being King one day...yet.....he comes across so so down to earth, so normal and grounded and has overcome whatever demons he may have had in the past

that is what the love of a good woman and being respectful to your family can do for you!..take note oh ginger one

I donā€™t have the skills to copy stuff over from other peopleā€™s Twitter but just saw a great image on Chris Jacksonā€™s page of Camilla walking to ā€œworkā€ from Clarence House to the National Gallery., mask included šŸ˜· ..yes there looked to be a 7 foot tall security bloke in a dark suit behind her but...no so many people directly next to her.....another example that Needy & Greedy could follow ...but obviously wonā€™t. If it was them there would be 5 range rovers ,2 helicopters and the rest of Joe Public would be pushed to one side to let them pass by!

Reactions: 34
it is crazy to think that both William & Harry pretty much lived the same life, experienced the same traumas ..you could argue that William had to face more because he was older, understood and saw more things than Harry did back in the day...and on top of that has had to carry the ā€œburdenā€ as it could be seen, as being King one day...yet.....he comes across so so down to earth, so normal and grounded and has overcome whatever demons he may have had in the past

that is what the love of a good woman and being respectful to your family can do for you!..take note oh ginger one

I donā€™t have the skills to copy stuff over from other peopleā€™s Twitter but just saw a great image on Chris Jacksonā€™s page of Camilla walking to ā€œworkā€ from Clarence House to the National Gallery., mask included šŸ˜· ..yes there looked to be a 7 foot tall security bloke in a dark suit behind her but...no so many people directly next to her.....another example that Needy & Greedy could follow ...but obviously wonā€™t. If it was them there would be 5 range rovers ,2 helicopters and the rest of Joe Public would be pushed to one side to let them pass by!
From the Mail's article about the podcast. I wonder whether MM liberated any souvenirs, as well as taking sneaky snaps in her snooping around Royal premises?

Screenshot_20200729-164503_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Place your guesses on the five friends who are described as ā€œyoung mothersā€.

Longtime friend:
A former co-star:
A friend from LA:
A onetime colleague:
A close confidante:

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.