Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still a mystery to me why she's sueing the Mail and not People Magazine, or has that been explained and I've missed it?

Reactions: 22

Jack Royston

@Jack_Royston

·
2m

Replying to
@Jack_Royston
Meghan Markle has also agreed to pay costs of £67,888 after losing the previous hearing, which was about her claims of an agenda against her at Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Mail on Sunday.

Jack Royston

@Jack_Royston

·
2m

Meghan's lawyers say her friends "fear for the consequences by way of inevitable intrusion into their private and family lives if [their names are] not protected."

apologies if someone else has already done this

• Heart
Didn't really care about them when she took the silly case in the first place...strange strange person. They will probably allow their anonymity to remain I'm guessing?
İs it feasible they will safeguard anonymity until the trial-İ could see that happening...then identities revealed at trial for evidence.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The names of all her friends are out there, the only reason they don't want to be named is because lies were told, about Meghan knowing about the interview. Not many people would happily lie in court, and everyone can see its all going very very badly for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Jack Royston

@Jack_Royston

·
3m

Replying to
@Jack_Royston
One of Meghan's friends has provided a witness statement to the court, Friend B. This document has not currently been released to the media. However, the Mail on Sunday's legal team are using it to refute Meghan's own claims her friends' privacy is under threat...

• Heart
  • Wow
I don’t think the Mail will settle. They know they’re going to win this.
I don’t think they care. As Aunty legal told us a few weeks ago, however this eventually plays out, H&M are going to end up looking like the total cunts they are.

If Smeggie settles they get to say “told you so”. If she takes it to trial they’re going to line up an industrial sized fan and throw a dumpster load of tit at it on a daily basis. I think they have so much lined up they could probably dedicate their whole website to it.

Then you have the stupid fuckers throwing fuel on the fire with their puff pieces and all the tit with Scabies book.

Even if they lose, they win, and they bleeping know it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
4m

Replying to
@Jack_Royston
Meghan's lawyers say naming the friends could dissuade them from giving evidence. The newspapers' lawyers state that Friend B "does not say that it would have this effect."

Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
1m

The newspapers' lawyers also claim Freind B's statement is "questionable and misleading."
Ah ok she's saying the trial wouldn't be worth it because of what it would do to her friend's lives, i.e. they did lie for me and it would all come out?

Reactions: 26
Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
4m

Replying to
@Jack_Royston
Meghan's lawyers say naming the friends could dissuade them from giving evidence. The newspapers' lawyers state that Friend B "does not say that it would have this effect."

Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
1m

The newspapers' lawyers also claim Freind B's statement is "questionable and misleading."
Re naming friends could dissuade them from giving evidence-i thought if you were summoned or whatever the legal term is then you have no choice but to give evidence?

Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
2m

Replying to
@Jack_Royston
Meghan Markle has also agreed to pay costs of £67,888 after losing the previous hearing, which was about her claims of an agenda against her at Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Mail on Sunday.

Jack Royston
@Jack_Royston

·
2m

Meghan's lawyers say her friends "fear for the consequences by way of inevitable intrusion into their private and family lives if [their names are] not protected."

apologies if someone else has already done this
If I was a witness to a crime, could I refuse to testify if my name was going to be read out?
Don't think so!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Daughter’s birthday here and have 18 pages of this thread to catch up on at some point today ;) but wanted to quickly share this here. Apologies if it has been shared before. Found this book in the US - wonder if Obie is aware of it and if it had any influence. If so then the ‘Finding Freedom’ reference may be to this and not Nelson Mandela.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18
She brought the original action, so I imagine they would include all their legal costs in any settlement, which will be tremendous, and then some more ... she doesn't get to decide to just walk away, she can only do so by agreeing to pay the Mail a ton of money (or something in exchange for money that the Mail agrees to, like a commitment to provide so many Archie pics over the coming years).
Wow,
Just saw this 🤷🏽‍♀️
I think the House of Windsor is going to have something to say about its name being used.

Reactions: 16
So Megz has tried to speak for her friends but unforunately one of the Five Friends has given a different statement to the court?

You couldn't make this stuff up....

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.