Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the Harkles are now claiming they didn't want a 12 month review period but it was forced on them..

Anyone here think that's likely?

Full Story:

Harry and Meghan: Duke refused trial period because he wanted clean break
Prince had to be talked into 12-month review

The Duke of Sussex was so intent on quitting the royal family that he initially refused the offer of a trial period allowing him and the duchess the chance of returning to the UK, The Times can reveal.

His determination to make a clean break without the option of review after 12 months emerged after three days of revelations about the unhappiness felt by Harry and Meghan and the battles they fought with both family and senior courtiers.

Finding Freedom, which has been serialised in The Times and The Sunday Times, revealed how Harry believed that the “old guard” at Buckingham Palace disliked Meghan and wanted to make her life difficult.

The book, by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, also told how the rift between Harry and his brother the Duke of Cambridge was sparked by William telling Harry: “Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl” — a remark which Harry felt was “snobbish”.

Sources on both sides of the family divide admitted that no one has emerged from the weekend’s coverage looking good — except the Queen. One said: “People are aware that this does not look good for anyone.”

Before the weekend palace insiders were nervously bracing themselves for the worst. Today, however, while several of them felt exhausted by the “uproar” of recent days, there was a palpable sense of relief that it had not been worse.
“I don’t think anyone looks at all of this with any particular happiness,” said one source.

However, a suggestion in one newspaper that the disclosures meant the couple had “torpedoed” their chances of creating a new position for themselves within the royal family were dismissed by more than one source.
For not only do Harry and Meghan show no sign of wanting to come back from their new home in California, but it has now emerged that Harry had to be persuaded into accepting the idea of a trial period in the first place.

The idea of the review was suggested so that the couple would know that the door was always open for them. The Queen had always made it clear to Harry that he would be able to come back if he changed his mind.

“He was adamantly opposed to the review process,” said a source. He took the view that he did not want the press to write that there would be a review, suggesting that therefore they might change their minds and come back.

He was also opposed to the idea because it had come from the institution, which in Harry’s view was enough to make it a bad idea.

The source said that “under no circumstances would they ever admit ‘this was a big mistake’.”

However, one source said the purpose of the review was not so much to allow them to come back, as to permit some flexibility about their future role.

A source close to the Sussexes said: “Do I rule out them taking on roles for the family in the future? Absolutely not.
“But a full-scale return soon is not likely. That is not down to animosity or anything like that. They have not yet reached what they were seeking to do.”
The source said that Harry’s relationship with his brother was not as bad as it was portrayed at its nadir in the book. “It is not perfectly smooth, but the uproar of the weekend makes it seem more fractured than it is.”
I think they accepted the years trial as otherwise Charles may not have bankrolled them as he has done

Reactions: 16
The Queen is not a silly woman, and there are very few If any palace insiders coming forward and leaking snippets of info about Andrew! Megan and Harry are an absolute PR dream at the minute and seem to be fair game! over really stupid tit like Megan made Kate cry over the children’s outfit trails before the wedding and They have Andrew hidden who was flying for years to Epstein island 🙈 where known child abuse took place!
I get it sounds mental but watch the news next time something big happens in America regarding the Epstein stuff and I guarantee you something ridiculous comes to light about Megan and Harry or Piers Morgan’s opens a new onslaught about something mundane and stupid!

Reactions: 8
So Meghan Harry was offended by William saying to take all the time he wanted to get to know this girl. This Girl!

Imagine if he'd called her an age-ing talentless, over-opinionated, nasty to staff, cable-actress narcissist? like we would have ? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
what’s a slug hunt? Is it like a fox hunt but less speed? Or lower class? I’m intrigued
You wait until after dark, then venture forth with a torch(and maybe salt) and catch the buggers as they come out to dine on your plants under cover of darkness. You either salt them to death or dispose of them in other ways. In my case we make slug soup to create nematodes. I won't link as this is off topic, but google is your friend.:)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So Meghan Harry was offended by William saying to take all the time he wanted to get to know this girl. This Girl!

Imagine if he'd called her an age-ing talentless, over-opinionated, nasty to staff, cable-actress narcissist? like we would have ? 😂
Indeed! Let's face it, it's a massive stretch to call her a girl so she should be pleased!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Mass report their twitter for hate speech! That'll teach them
I'm not on Twitter I just sometimes scroll through to see what they are up to. The Sussex Squad are like a cult. They are currently raising money for charity to honor Smegs birthday but they have sub groups were they share recipes and pray for their faves. It's freaking weird 🤪😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
You wait until after dark, then venture forth with a torch(and maybe salt) and catch the buggers as they come out to dine on your plants under cover of darkness. You either salt them to death or dispose of them in other ways. In my case we make slug soup to create nematodes. I won't link as this is off topic, but google is your friend.:)
All that could apply to Harry and Meghan freda so completely on topic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
They’re an articulate bunch!! I love Americans but they just don’t have the same flair for insults as us Brits ... yuk mouth sounds like something a 3 year old would say.
'Gobshite' is a far better insult! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm not on Twitter I just sometimes scroll through to see what they are up to. The Sussex Squad are like a cult. They are currently raising money for charity to honor Smegs birthday but they have sub groups were they share recipes and pray for their faves. It's freaking weird 🤪😬
Share recipes for what?? A roast chicken? 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t think she would ever have said yes. She has said that the longer they were together the more obvious it was that they were incompatible.
Sounds like someone has a good head on her shoulders! Unlike the pair of spoiled rotten dolts who rushed to marriage. 🙄

Reactions: 21
So the Harkles are now claiming they didn't want a 12 month review period but it was forced on them..

Anyone here think that's likely?

Full Story:

Harry and Meghan: Duke refused trial period because he wanted clean break
Prince had to be talked into 12-month review

The Duke of Sussex was so intent on quitting the royal family that he initially refused the offer of a trial period allowing him and the duchess the chance of returning to the UK, The Times can reveal.

His determination to make a clean break without the option of review after 12 months emerged after three days of revelations about the unhappiness felt by Harry and Meghan and the battles they fought with both family and senior courtiers.

Finding Freedom, which has been serialised in The Times and The Sunday Times, revealed how Harry believed that the “old guard” at Buckingham Palace disliked Meghan and wanted to make her life difficult.

The book, by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, also told how the rift between Harry and his brother the Duke of Cambridge was sparked by William telling Harry: “Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl” — a remark which Harry felt was “snobbish”.

Sources on both sides of the family divide admitted that no one has emerged from the weekend’s coverage looking good — except the Queen. One said: “People are aware that this does not look good for anyone.”

Before the weekend palace insiders were nervously bracing themselves for the worst. Today, however, while several of them felt exhausted by the “uproar” of recent days, there was a palpable sense of relief that it had not been worse.
“I don’t think anyone looks at all of this with any particular happiness,” said one source.

However, a suggestion in one newspaper that the disclosures meant the couple had “torpedoed” their chances of creating a new position for themselves within the royal family were dismissed by more than one source.
For not only do Harry and Meghan show no sign of wanting to come back from their new home in California, but it has now emerged that Harry had to be persuaded into accepting the idea of a trial period in the first place.

The idea of the review was suggested so that the couple would know that the door was always open for them. The Queen had always made it clear to Harry that he would be able to come back if he changed his mind.

“He was adamantly opposed to the review process,” said a source. He took the view that he did not want the press to write that there would be a review, suggesting that therefore they might change their minds and come back.

He was also opposed to the idea because it had come from the institution, which in Harry’s view was enough to make it a bad idea.

The source said that “under no circumstances would they ever admit ‘this was a big mistake’.”

However, one source said the purpose of the review was not so much to allow them to come back, as to permit some flexibility about their future role.

A source close to the Sussexes said: “Do I rule out them taking on roles for the family in the future? Absolutely not.
“But a full-scale return soon is not likely. That is not down to animosity or anything like that. They have not yet reached what they were seeking to do.”
The source said that Harry’s relationship with his brother was not as bad as it was portrayed at its nadir in the book. “It is not perfectly smooth, but the uproar of the weekend makes it seem more fractured than it is.”
What a load of bollox.
This whole situation is a mess but this is not Brenda's first rodeo. Her team are unsurpassed at sussing things and people out and planning the road ahead accordingly. Not a doubt in my mind her advisors have a play list of just what the gruesome twosome would do based on both their past histories and are cackling mightily every time they can tick off the latest duck-up.
The back room boys knew what this pair would do before the twats themselves knew. The 12 months is the estimate of how long it would take the cunts to bury themselves and it's all going nicely.:m
If we were keeping scores it would be ⚽Brenda 15 - Sussexes 0.⚽ Though to be fair probably most of Brenda's score is own goals from the sussexes and she's not needed to anything beyond nicking their "Royal" use, locking up haz's pretty soldier uniforms and saying "no thanks, we'll manage on our own" to their offering to do high end events of their own choosing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
When will the Harkles learn that sending out PR telling us they are 'struggling' in their 12 bedroom mansion is killing whatever popularity they had left...

Katie Nicoll is sending out hints that a relocation is coming with the excuse that 'Archie' needs to be around kids his own age and aliens have kidnapped all the children in Los Angeles blah blah DRONES blah SECURITY blah blah PRIVACY (Tyler's had them evicted, hasn't he?)

'They are still house hunting and I'm told they are looking for somewhere away from Beverly Hills, away from the Hollywood fray, where they can escape the spotlight and really give Archie an ordinary childhood.'

Also saying they won't be in Balmoral this summer (you don't say!) but 'they choose to come back at Christmas when the family will convene at Sandringham'.

Quick Brenda, change the locks!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
When will the Harkles learn that sending out PR telling us they are 'struggling' in their 12 bedroom mansion is killing whatever popularity they had left...

Katie Nicoll is sending out hints that a relocation is coming with the excuse that 'Archie' needs to be around kids his own age and aliens have kidnapped all the children in Los Angeles blah blah DRONES blah SECURITY blah blah PRIVACY (Tyler's had them evicted, hasn't he?)

'They are still house hunting and I'm told they are looking for somewhere away from Beverly Hills, away from the Hollywood fray, where they can escape the spotlight and really give Archie an ordinary childhood.'

Also saying they won't be in Balmoral this summer (you don't say!) but 'they choose to come back at Christmas when the family will convene at Sandringham'.

Quick Brenda, change the locks!

I bet they want to move next to the Kardashians and be featured in TMZ tabloids or Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

I still don't understand why they chose LA and expect "privacy". If you want privacy, move next door to Kanye West in middle of nowhere Wyoming.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I always find "bleep" kind of covers most things re this pair. Succinct.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Gloria Hunniford has been in the media business an awful long time, I'll bet she can smell a manipulator a mile off. She knows EXACTLY how these people feed information to biographers.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.