Harry and Meghan #33 When Needy met Greedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the Harkles are now claiming they didn't want a 12 month review period but it was forced on them..

Anyone here think that's likely?

Full Story:

Harry and Meghan: Duke refused trial period because he wanted clean break
Prince had to be talked into 12-month review

The Duke of Sussex was so intent on quitting the royal family that he initially refused the offer of a trial period allowing him and the duchess the chance of returning to the UK, The Times can reveal.

His determination to make a clean break without the option of review after 12 months emerged after three days of revelations about the unhappiness felt by Harry and Meghan and the battles they fought with both family and senior courtiers.

Finding Freedom, which has been serialised in The Times and The Sunday Times, revealed how Harry believed that the “old guard” at Buckingham Palace disliked Meghan and wanted to make her life difficult.

The book, by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, also told how the rift between Harry and his brother the Duke of Cambridge was sparked by William telling Harry: “Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl” — a remark which Harry felt was “snobbish”.

Sources on both sides of the family divide admitted that no one has emerged from the weekend’s coverage looking good — except the Queen. One said: “People are aware that this does not look good for anyone.”

Before the weekend palace insiders were nervously bracing themselves for the worst. Today, however, while several of them felt exhausted by the “uproar” of recent days, there was a palpable sense of relief that it had not been worse.
“I don’t think anyone looks at all of this with any particular happiness,” said one source.

However, a suggestion in one newspaper that the disclosures meant the couple had “torpedoed” their chances of creating a new position for themselves within the royal family were dismissed by more than one source.
For not only do Harry and Meghan show no sign of wanting to come back from their new home in California, but it has now emerged that Harry had to be persuaded into accepting the idea of a trial period in the first place.

The idea of the review was suggested so that the couple would know that the door was always open for them. The Queen had always made it clear to Harry that he would be able to come back if he changed his mind.

“He was adamantly opposed to the review process,” said a source. He took the view that he did not want the press to write that there would be a review, suggesting that therefore they might change their minds and come back.

He was also opposed to the idea because it had come from the institution, which in Harry’s view was enough to make it a bad idea.

The source said that “under no circumstances would they ever admit ‘this was a big mistake’.”

However, one source said the purpose of the review was not so much to allow them to come back, as to permit some flexibility about their future role.

A source close to the Sussexes said: “Do I rule out them taking on roles for the family in the future? Absolutely not.
“But a full-scale return soon is not likely. That is not down to animosity or anything like that. They have not yet reached what they were seeking to do.”
The source said that Harry’s relationship with his brother was not as bad as it was portrayed at its nadir in the book. “It is not perfectly smooth, but the uproar of the weekend makes it seem more fractured than it is.”
I have to laugh at the comments: "It speaks volumes that Harry & Meghan tell a one-sided story yet still come out of it looking like fools. It’s like playing football with the other side not turning up, and ending the game 0-5 down." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Daily Fail reporting Kate sent flowers to Meghan to heal the rift, but Smeg said it “wasn’t enough” What does she want? Diana’s engagement ring!
I know! How could anyone writing that think it was showing Megatron in a positive light? Sending flowers was likely the first step but after the rude response she got is it any wonder that Kate didn't bother again, she probably thought "well duck that witch" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So the Harkles are now claiming they didn't want a 12 month review period but it was forced on them..

Anyone here think that's likely?

Full Story:

Harry and Meghan: Duke refused trial period because he wanted clean break
Prince had to be talked into 12-month review

The Duke of Sussex was so intent on quitting the royal family that he initially refused the offer of a trial period allowing him and the duchess the chance of returning to the UK, The Times can reveal.

His determination to make a clean break without the option of review after 12 months emerged after three days of revelations about the unhappiness felt by Harry and Meghan and the battles they fought with both family and senior courtiers.

Finding Freedom, which has been serialised in The Times and The Sunday Times, revealed how Harry believed that the “old guard” at Buckingham Palace disliked Meghan and wanted to make her life difficult.

The book, by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, also told how the rift between Harry and his brother the Duke of Cambridge was sparked by William telling Harry: “Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl” — a remark which Harry felt was “snobbish”.

Sources on both sides of the family divide admitted that no one has emerged from the weekend’s coverage looking good — except the Queen. One said: “People are aware that this does not look good for anyone.”

Before the weekend palace insiders were nervously bracing themselves for the worst. Today, however, while several of them felt exhausted by the “uproar” of recent days, there was a palpable sense of relief that it had not been worse.
“I don’t think anyone looks at all of this with any particular happiness,” said one source.

However, a suggestion in one newspaper that the disclosures meant the couple had “torpedoed” their chances of creating a new position for themselves within the royal family were dismissed by more than one source.
For not only do Harry and Meghan show no sign of wanting to come back from their new home in California, but it has now emerged that Harry had to be persuaded into accepting the idea of a trial period in the first place.

The idea of the review was suggested so that the couple would know that the door was always open for them. The Queen had always made it clear to Harry that he would be able to come back if he changed his mind.

“He was adamantly opposed to the review process,” said a source. He took the view that he did not want the press to write that there would be a review, suggesting that therefore they might change their minds and come back.

He was also opposed to the idea because it had come from the institution, which in Harry’s view was enough to make it a bad idea.

The source said that “under no circumstances would they ever admit ‘this was a big mistake’.”

However, one source said the purpose of the review was not so much to allow them to come back, as to permit some flexibility about their future role.

A source close to the Sussexes said: “Do I rule out them taking on roles for the family in the future? Absolutely not.
“But a full-scale return soon is not likely. That is not down to animosity or anything like that. They have not yet reached what they were seeking to do.”
The source said that Harry’s relationship with his brother was not as bad as it was portrayed at its nadir in the book. “It is not perfectly smooth, but the uproar of the weekend makes it seem more fractured than it is.”
I’d always assumed that the 12 month review was for the RF to check that the Sussex pair were keeping to their side of the bargain. I’m hopeful that when the year is up they’ll get their backsides fully kicked out and the money tap will be turned off.

WTF ? What a vile bunch they are !
And yet neither Meghan nor Harry, who must be well aware of the bile being spouted by their ‘fans’, has ever said a word in condemnation of it. 🤬🤯

• Angry
Reactions: 27
I’d always assumed that the 12 month review was for the RF to check that the Sussex pair were keeping to their side of the bargain. I’m hopeful that when the year is up they’ll get their backsides fully kicked out and the money tap will be turned off.

And yet neither Meghan nor Harry, who must be well aware of the bile being spouted by their ‘fans’ has ever said a word in condemnation of it. 🤬🤯
It's only really the Harkles who talk about the 12-month review and like to present this about them deciding whether they will grace the UK with their presence again because they are very busy making billions right now.

The sheer cheek of this quote

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I'm tellin' ya, soho is involved in this whole mess more than is known.
Bear in mind that haz's crappy traveshit company is renting office space in a building owned by soho,;) AND smeggy and haz used the soho refurb/interior designer person to joosh up Frogmore for them, costing Chas a bomb.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Denise Welch tweeted a pic of Diana dead in the car crash... Blamed it on trolls winding her up, so she can shut her mouth.
Oh my goodness. I've never liked DW at all but this is such an awful thing to do I have no words.

I know she has mental health problems but I still can't fathom what would move anyone to do such a thing.

These celebrities really are awful with their do as I say not as I do malarky.

Reactions: 18
Arrogance. Because he see's sunshine out of her backside then he doesn't understand why no one else does. This man-child has finally been told 'NO' after a lifetime of yes' and the wound has clearly cut deep. The wound he has taken on because he believes her about the reasoning for being told no (even though H knows better). I'm sure in Harry's mind this type of thing (probably) never happened before Smeg came along and of course, he can't blame her so he has to blame everyone else.

I really can't see where H goes from here at all. Smeg will leave him, eventually. He has become a shadow of his former self and she will tire quickly.

Perfect Hallmark movie!
More like a Stephen King horror story.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is awful , I really feel for you . Emotional abuse is so hard to deal with and explain because there are no visible signs of abuse.

Take care , hopefully he’ll come back to you.
He won't whilstever shes dripping poison about his whole family, but he should grow a pair and stand up to her....thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Nah you have missed my point, I don’t think they are related / linked stories what I am saying is that it is the classic magicians trick we are busy watching the right hand which is Megan and Harry and there absolute non story BS which is being heightened by palace insiders (such as Harry isn’t speaking to William, Kate and Megan fell out at the children’s wedding outfit trail, this excuse for a book) and the left hand is trying to contain the biggest scandal set to rock the RF this century
The Queen is not a silly woman, and there are very few palace insiders coming forward and leaking snippets of info about Andrew! Megan and Harry are an absolute PR dream at the minute!
I personally am not a royalist it is an old institution and I feel it has had its day especially with the new scandal surrounding it

I feel very thick today because I’m just not getting the gist of this. Are you suggesting that Harry and Meghan are behaving like a pair of self obsessed arse wipes on purpose to take the heat off Andy? That they are being forced to humiliate themselves just to broker a freedom deal with Lizzie.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am just gobsmacked.

I am far, far, far ... away from being a member of the royal family and yet I feel angry and upset for them.

How could anyone treat their family this way... looking at you, Harry.

This is beyond a tacky spectacle, it is everything the royal family tries to avoid.

Is there a possibility that Omid Scobie and Meghan could have conspired so that she will sue him, pretend outrage, and then she will get a percentage of the royalties?

My heart genuinely goes out to the Queen.

If they thought that this book would swing public opinion in their favor, they are a pair of stupid cunts!!!!

^bib
great theory

Thank you @Norbs

Erm.... how the duck did Meghan see « the expression on Archie's face when he was born; »?

that must be some advanced bleeping yoga, or she was right there whilst the surrogate was trying to push him out.
Sometimes they offer you a mirror <shudder> (no, ta)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Daily Fail reporting Kate sent flowers to Meghan to heal the rift, but Smeg said it “wasn’t enough” What does she want? Diana’s engagement ring!
Some reports say Kate sent flowers but one of the book extracts said that when Kate brought the flowers smeggy told her that flowers were not enough and basically telt her off. Like duck she did.:giggle:
BIG FAT LIE! right there. Smeggy never ever confronts anyone, ever. She sends haz or her freaky 5 or anyone , as long as she stays safe and apart from the messy stuff and can look innocent.
As soon as haz issued the "We're pissing off gran" statement smeggy had her arse on a plane to Canada safe from the fall out while he had to stay and face the music alone. She also stayed hidden in Canada rather than return and back haz up at the queen meet-up discussion 3 weeks later. Never turned up for his sentable speech either despite assuring him she'd be there and him reportedly pleading for her to be there for his final hurrah. Nope. She's a coward.Look at that Commonwealth service, big cheesy smile at Wills and Kate for the cameras, then muttered to haz about them ignoring her sparking another of his ferocious scowls at W & K.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It’s so obvious the Markles has some hand in this book, even if it was speaking to the authors via a third party. I like the fact that the book doesn’t tell us anything new really and it still has managed to blow up in their faces.
If they kept quiet there would have been a mystery to why there was a falling out, why they left, etc etc. But their need to be 100% in control of the story has meant, ironically, that they are no longer in control.
There is some wisdom in never complain, never explain.

Reactions: 25
Has anyone got a link to that first go at the engagement interview that got cut? Have been googling but can’t find anything. Thanks!

Reactions: 6
I think the whole thing is a serious load of BS! I personally think Megan and Harry are the escape goats for aul Andy and whatever else is going on. I have noticed that every time something big happens in America in relation to the Epstein enquiry some thing trivial and absurd appears in the UK media taking front and centre page About Meg and Harry or Peirs Morgan goes off on one just to remind us how awful they are 🙄. I think Harry wanted out and the queen said I will give u an out one condition you help me with non stories to hide the big story! We are crying about Megan taking Harry away (let them go, what does it matter) and no one is shouting looking Andrew questioned or held accountable!
Hahahaha, good one. :m
Do you really think dopey haz and megamouth smeggy would keep that little gem secret? I have a lovely bridge I could sell you. ...
Brenda is dealing with randy just fine and doesn't need the help of a yacht girl and her halfwit prince.

I have no doubt Smegs planted the seed of doubt in Harry's ear long before William uttered the fatal words. I suspect she had thought through the likely opponents. She could easily charm Charles - flatter him, flutter her eyelids, flirt a little. But William would be a harder proposition, as he was so protective of Harry and he had Kate backing him up - who had probably already displayed some reticence towards Nutmeg. Hence, Smeagol got into Harry's ear....
"What if they don't think I'm good enough Harry :( - Harry, I'm worried - I think William will try and stop us, or slow us down so he can put more obstacles in our path"......and more pillow talk about how they must not listen to his naysayer brother or they would never be together forever and ever (insert saintly Smegxit pose here)....So when Wills did indeed utter the words to Harry it immediately cemented Meggsy, his one true love as the source of all truth.
Welcome, and good first post. Probably accurate.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm tellin' ya, soho is involved in this whole mess more than is known.
Bear in mind that haz's crappy traveshit company is renting office space in a building owned by soho,;) AND smeggy and haz used the soho refurb/interior designer person to joosh up Frogmore for them, costing Chas a bomb.
Taz thinks so!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.