Harry and Meghan #303 Kiss Meg's shoes or I'll release book two!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1886980

Seriously? I recently found the two letters my father wrote me when I left for the Army - the only two letters I ever got from him. In them he tells me how proud he was of what I was doing. I thought that they were lost. I cherish them (and yes, finding them did make me sit down and cry….does that count as a patented Markle Meltdown or do those only count of fake paparazzi are definitely not paying attention to you?)

Why does he put a negative spin on it instead of realizing that his father may not have wanted to say those things in front of others or maybe wanted to have something to cherish…something he could take out and reread when things got rough.

Maybe this notes don’t count because they weren’t written in fauxligraphy “calligraphy” and leaked to the press?
I've read that KC love's writing and sending letters - i think it was lovely so that H always has the letters as a keepsake whereas you don't remember every word someone says. He is trying to push the narrative of a cold distant family whereas they all seemed to be loving,kind and ridiculously forgiving and patient to him

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Regarding the Diana/Oedipal thing. I think he's turned his mother in to this magical almost mythical creature . The perfect mother, perfect humanitarian, perfect angel despite her absence and often capricious nature. She's the perfect victim because she's perfect. He's had to suspend reality , turning his brother and father and everyone else in to a villain because the actual truth is too horrific to bear, that Diana would rather galivant and flirt than spend time with him, that she'd use blackmail and court the press, that she broke up families and that she could have prevented her death. He's pushing so hard against the truth he's evented a whole new reality. Meghan has encouraged this and turned herself in to his vison of his mother and he's aided that deception.
It's all too weird .

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Had one of those thoughts that ambushes, what if we are underestimating their ambition and delusion & they actually want to become gods?
It would explain the tedious wanking on they do about wanting The Commonwealth, and the DofE managed it.

(The Wikipedia link possibly explains the dancing at their wedding nonsense, as when told about the twit’s wedding by a travel agent (notified by The Times - obviously to stir up racism) “they hoisted the Union Jack, danced, and ate pigs.”)
You guys KILL me 😆😆😆

Reactions: 13
Regarding the Diana/Oedipal thing. I think he's turned his mother in to this magical almost mythical creature . The perfect mother, perfect humanitarian, perfect angel despite her absence and often capricious nature. She's the perfect victim because she's perfect. He's had to suspend reality , turning his brother and father and everyone else in to a villain because the actual truth is too horrific to bear, that Diana would rather galivant and flirt than spend time with him, that she'd use blackmail and court the press, that she broke up families and that she could have prevented her death. He's pushing so hard against the truth he's evented a whole new reality. Meghan has encouraged this and turned herself in to his vison of his mother and he's aided that deception.
It's all too weird .
Yep. It’s easily to mythologise someone who is dead, has been dead for years, and who you never really knew. He doesn’t seem to love her as a mother - rather, deifies her as a god. Diana, goddess of the hunt… hunted.

Really weird, as you say.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think the PR would only be one side of it. Think of all the accommodations, like over the top security, nutty demands like a giant trailer filled with teal bowling balls, Meghan stealing everyone else's gift bags, Harry running up to anyone who will listen begging for jobs for Meghan, BAFTA having to come up with some reason to put those two on stage because they wouldn't come otherwise-- and getting markled afterward just makes it so much less work NOT to invite them.
But if KC and POW really wanted peace at all costs, I think they would have made that invitation happen.

Question…is there some option where H is excluded totally from participating in the ceremony and he and M have no ‘inside’ seats. (Because they are no longer part of the family business) ….BUT are publicly extended an invitation to join any PRIVATE family function held afterwards?

Reactions: 20
Suspending reality for a moment, wouldn’t it be great if it were true, & she turned it down in hopes of a greater payout & at the divorce he was awarded maintenance?
I think she is under the misapprehension that as the RF had castles, big houses, estates, jewels, lots of money that she she will get a big divorce settlement.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Almost a week after the book was launched, it is all becoming old news. So far the most damaging thing to TRF is the rumour - not yet published by mainstream Media - about Harold's violence towards women.

Then again, they thought people would be focused on the episodes when William was "violent" towards Harold and the truth is a) most world is empathising with William and b) Harold comes out as weak, manipulative and blind to the facts - for me, the episode after PP funeral is the most heartbreaking.

So, the victims of the book are Harold and TW. We know TW has written parts of it - language reeks of her floral Hallmark style - but so far she has acknowledged it.

Their reputation is shattered, they are laughing stock everywhere.

I am sure that if she hasn't started before, TW is now designing her exit strategy. She wants money, and a lot of them to let Harold go and be quiet.
There is not going to be any reconciliation - there's going to be a divorce and a rescue mission to bring Harold back, imo.

• Wow
But if KC and POW really wanted peace at all costs, I think they would have made that invitation happen.

Question…is there some option where H is excluded totally from participating in the ceremony and he and M have no ‘inside’ seats. (Because they are no longer part of the family business) ….BUT are publicly extended an invitation to join any PRIVATE family function held afterwards?
Yikes - who would get the short straw and have to sit next to them? Not poor Sophie again. Could put Meghan at the end of a table next to the Duke of Kent.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep. It’s easily to mythologise someone who is dead, has been dead for years, and who you never really knew. He doesn’t seem to love her as a mother - rather, deifies her as a god. Diana, goddess of the hunt… hunted.

When I think about it , even the driving through the tunnel and the denial that a drunk driver could crash there plays in to this narrative. He's ignoring common wisdom (It's dangerous to drink and drive, seatbelt wearing) , which shows the height of his delusion.

I wonder if this is why William copes differently, because he was old enough and burdened enough to have numerous eyeroll moments with his mother and hasn't had to build this vision of perfection and maintain a delusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I believe this too. All of this behaviour is clearly about his mother. But also it's not an excuse!! He's nearly 40 years old. There's a time when you have to stop blaming your upbringing and parents. (Sorry, just realised that sounded like I was being all mean to you, wasn't meant like that, frustration at Harry's ability to grow up and take responsibility)
I think he was messed up before she died (probably from birth).

If Diana were still alive today, he'd be blaming her as much as Charles for the mess he would have so obviously still made of his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

I suppose it depends if the other grandchildren if the queen (the york girls, Zara etc) are there. H&M should really be treated on par with them - members of the family but not working royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Smeg is way too quiet. She's either off having plastic surgery or as @FrancesDundee80 says, she's planning the exit strategy. And she's managed to get all the evidence she needs for a divorce in haz's book. Which is quite brilliant if you think about it. Her downfall will be that we can all see the coercive control, brainwashing and abuse that she put him through.
She'll fight to the end though. I can imagine her saying stuff like haz is perverted because he wanted her to pretend she was Diana when they had sex.:sick::sick::sick: She'll be able to make up stuff anyway she wants. At the end, haz will be a shell of a man which is probably what he deserves for being such a nasty piece of work all his life.

I think I may be in a bad mood with the harkles today :LOL: Like I'm not in a bad mood with them everyday. :LOL::LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
It's all too weird .
It's far more cynical.
It's being done entirely for PR, to drive a wedge and make them synonymous with Diana - to promote them in the US.

• Sick
Reactions: 27
I wonder if this is why William copes differently, because he was old enough and burdened enough to have numerous eyeroll moments with his mother and hasn't had to build this vision of perfection and maintain a delusion.
William was saved by the Middletons. They showed him what a family could be. I think they've done more for the family than is ever stated.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Had to go out, but was thinking about Diana as a mother. Is this what is wrong with Harry, and the reason for him clinging to TW ? Perhaps he never got enough from Diana ? Not enough real mothering ? She obviously talked to William, so did he feel left out? Then when she died, perhaps he felt that what she had given to the public was more than she got from him ? She was dead, so he had no chance of ever getting out of her what he wanted. Thinking of it that way, I can almost understand him. She was an icon, a woman loved the world over (not by everyone ), did he feel that he had been outside of all that ? If so, had he met a loving, truly understanding woman without an agenda, could she have turned his life around ? Instead of blaming the family he has that are alive for everything, should he be laying more blame on the mother he regards as a saint ?
Do we give the Middletons more credit that we might have done previously for modeling a normal family life for William in his early 20s to keep him grounded. What if he had turned out like Harry?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

And let's be honest, he probably didn't really know her all that well. She was the woman who gave birth to him.

My bet is that, his grief *now* is more motivated by the lack of mother in his life. He doesn't mourn her actual death, as such, but he mourns for the mother he had but didn't know.

Everyone pussy footed around the boys after she had died. No one dream of saying anything negative because they wanted to protect the kids.

Growing older, this has painted a picture that Diana was a perfect 'People Princess' and the press were evil.

• Heart
Markle has been Markled.
I’m curious who they think this one’s fault is, surely at some point they have to realise maybe it’s them that’s the problem, and not blame anyone else, Meghan would love to be invited to things like this so I wonder how long it is before they turn on each other!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.