Harry and Meghan #303 Kiss Meg's shoes or I'll release book two!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely think her mothering skills were poor, and love alone isn’t enough. She was a damaged person and her own mother was absent for much of her childhood. I believe Diana was very self absorbed and never considered the damage her actions might do to her children. She was jealous and possessive of them - if they became too fond of a nanny, the nanny was dismissed because the boys were to love no one but herself. That’s why Diana was so vile to Tiggy - she’d been employed by Charles post divorce and the boys were very fond of her, but Diana couldn’t get rid of her.

And yet…William overcame Diana’s poor parenting. It’s been reported that both boys were wild as children but William appears thoughtful and stable as an adult, chose his wife carefully, and between them appear to be raising a lovely brood.
I think she would have been a nightmare MIL

Reactions: 44
I wouldn't be surprised if they remove any role for the Royal Dukes in the coronation ceremony. There are currently 4 (Gloucester, Kent, Sussex and York), and the first is 80, and the second is 89, and if god forbid either were to pass away the titles cease being Royal Dukes that leaves just York and Sussex, so would Charles really want either of those two involved??
After only the 2 (York and Sussex) remain, the Royal Dukes will be renamed to Royal Pukes (of Dork and Suckeggs)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1886516

I'm assuming this American with political aspirations is on the Montecito payroll. She seems to have been doing nothing but denigrating the BRF (especially Catherine) in the last few days.
This is what I loathe in particular about the actions of the Duo - so many people think of the Constitutional Monarchy - a form of government - as a celebrity family which it certainly is not. Ugh.

I'm mentally currently in Athens (have included live stream link of those paying respects/outside the Cathedral/hotel where royals have been staying for anyone interested)

View attachment 1886513

She gets paid in jam.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think it would have been at all easy for her to return to the US, a place she hadnt lived for quite some time. No matter where she was in the world, she was in an incredibly difficult position with a feckless man-child who had became completely obsessed with her. She wanted out of the relationship and he threatened to kill himself if she left. Presumably it was bad enough being the woman who’d in the eyes of the world caused the King to abdicate. The fact that he might commit suicide and have that laid at her feet as well would have been a terrifying prospect no matter where she was in the world.

The way the story broke she suddenly found herself being hounded and hated by everyone, death threads arriving every day, no beefy security guards to protect her and ostracised by everyone including her friends. She was the most infamous woman in the world at that point, and alone. There were no sympathetic woke voices for Wallis, questioning the press coverage or condemning Edward’s horrendous obsessive behaviour and personality. She married him out of duty with no other options, knowing that she’d be saddled to a useless needy lump for the rest of her life and having no particular purpose other than to organise their days. That’s a pretty bad fate for anyone.
The public were shocked at the time - not whipped up by a press frenzy but by the fact she was a divorced commoner . This was still largely a church going and socially conservative society through the classes when the taint of divorce, if it could be obtained at all, could hinder careers and spark prejudice towards offspring almost to the same level as illegitimacy.

She had been on the fringes of a fast set of high society for a while , introduced to him by his previous mistress, so would not have been uniformed about the realities of any future with him.

Anyway, we have different takes on this and free discussion is good - I will admit to a bias, unconscious or otherwise, because of how my quite rebellious and free thinking grandmother had described her contemporaneous reaction of horror , to me in the 1970s.

Wallis does deserve our thanks for inadvertently delivering us from what could have transpired in WW2 with David as king.

Reactions: 29
I definitely think her mothering skills were poor, and love alone isn’t enough. She was a damaged person and her own mother was absent for much of her childhood. I believe Diana was very self absorbed and never considered the damage her actions might do to her children. She was jealous and possessive of them - if they became too fond of a nanny, the nanny was dismissed because the boys were to love no one but herself. That’s why Diana was so vile to Tiggy - she’d been employed by Charles post divorce and the boys were very fond of her, but Diana couldn’t get rid of her.

And yet…William overcame Diana’s poor parenting. It’s been reported that both boys were wild as children but William appears thoughtful and stable as an adult, chose his wife carefully, and between them appear to be raising a lovely brood.
Yes!! This!!

Somehow since she died it's like history has been rewritten and she never committed any wrongs. I always though she was incredibly manipulative and knew exactly how to play the media to her own advantage. Imagine what kind of mother in law she'd have been, vying with the wives for her boys' attention. It endlessly bothers me that she's become Saint Diana. And imo Harry is exactly like her!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
All the collapsing crying on the floor was utterly performative, to convince Prince Thicko just how tewwibly, tewwibly unhappy she was.
Soooo much effort with so little reward, when one’s audience is only a nimwit with a wee frost nipped todger. Batshit over the top eye rolling crazy pretty much covers it.

Is it weird to wonder how clean those floors were for her extended visits..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes!! This!!

Somehow since she died it's like history has been rewritten and she never committed any wrongs. I always though she was incredibly manipulative and knew exactly how to play the media to her own advantage. Imagine what kind of mother in law she'd have been, vying with the wives for her boys' attention. It endlessly bothers me that she's become Saint Diana. And imo Harry is exactly like her!

And how cringeworthy was she in that infamous interview when she said she wanted to be the queen of people's hearts.

Puke.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Just read an article on Sky News Australia that KC plans to offer TW a $50 million divorce deal!!!
Sky News source is Globe which is a US tabloid and almost as bad as the National Enquirer. I'm surprised Sky News Aus ran with it. Take it will a massive pinch of salt.

HOLY bleeping JESUS I'M A VIP!!!

Lights? Models? Guest list? Just do your best, darlings!
Get Markus on the phone and tell him to send a Range Rover by around 7pm. Tell him to put out the Beluga.
Congratulations on becoming a VIP member Murphy Brown.
🥳🎈🍡🍡🍡🍰🍰🍰🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂🍷🍸🍹🍺🥃

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Congrats on VIP @Murphy Brown 🍰 🍰 🍾🍾🍸

Talking of Waitrose.....

Found on Reddit, allegedly from book. But I'm sure I've heard this story before as well.

View attachment 1886598

So......

Mobbed in Whole Foods to the point of 'Floor. Collapsed. Sobbing' back at Nott Cott. Hazza horrified she was recognised and approached by the Great Unwashed. How dare they????
Firstly, I've never met a single person who watched Suits. Secondly, when have you ever met a man who even notices what a woman is wearing, never mind remembers it years later? This is definitely Meghan writing.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
And how cringeworthy was she in that infamous interview when she said she wanted to be the queen of people's hearts.

Puke.
My MiL is still Diana mad. She moans about Camilla every chance she gets. She’s put Diana on a pedestal and can’t see any bad in her. Weirdly she’s not a Hazmat or TW fan tho. It sickens me how many people see Diana as the Queen of Hearts. She knew how to play the media, had many affairs herself and ruined Julia Carlings life. Made the poor woman suicidal chasing after Will. So again, just like the Ginge Whinge, the press are useful when you want to be a ‘victim’

• Sick
Reactions: 37
I think she would have been a nightmare MIL
yes I agree, you just know she wouldn't have been nice to Catherine because Catherine is everything she wouldn't have been and to be honest I could see her plotting and scheming with Ho although she wouldn't have liked the thought of her Daughter in Laws getting attention or limelight

Yes!! This!!

I agree. I think if Diana was alive during this generation, she would have been more scrutinised.

People's opinion of her was based on what was watched on TV or written in the tabloids.
These days, we have social media, discussion forums and You Tube. We have body language experts, psychologists etc at our fingertips willing to scrutinise behaviour. We can discuss, anonymously, her traits (using our own experiences).

Don't get me wrong, I liked Diana. But she played the game as much as Charles and ultimately, they were both as bad as each other during that marriage.

Reactions: 31
I’m so grossed out by his description of ‘Pat’. That poor woman, just doing her job (which would have been challenging enough: trying to care for all those entitled little prats). But she has no ability to respond and I can imagine she must feel so hurt and shamed by what he’s written about her. And also? Harry, f*cking GROW UP! Most teens witch about their teachers/authority figures but by the time they are adults, can recognise that they were just doing their jobs and probably had the kids’ interests at heart. But not ol Haz, the little witch sure can carry a grudge!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Just read an article on Sky News Australia that KC plans to offer TW a $50 million divorce deal!!!
That story has been doing the rounds for a week.

The issue is less whether it is true, than it seems to be taking Harkle planted stories longer to gain traction.

Reactions: 21
I’m so grossed out by his description of ‘Pat’. That poor woman, just doing her job (which would have been challenging enough: trying to care for all those entitled little prats). But she has no ability to respond and I can imagine she must feel so hurt and shamed by what he’s written about her. And also? Harry, f*cking GROW UP! Most teens witch about their teachers/authority figures but by the time they are adults, can recognise that they were just doing their jobs and probably had the kids’ interests at heart. But not ol Haz, the little witch sure can carry a grudge!
Yes! I'm sure we all had at least ONE teacher we disliked, but that's school. Move on. Stop being a whiny little baby. That poor woman will no doubt have recognised herself in print, and probably her friends/peers too. How humiliating for her. As usual Harry discounts other peoples' feelings.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.