Harry and Meghan #303 Kiss Meg's shoes or I'll release book two!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a short segment of the Stephen Colbert interview in which Harry made a derogatory remark about how the interview was going and Stephen Colbert put him firmly in his place by asking how his penis was. You could tell Harry didn't like it at all and he was acting as though Stephen were an impertinent footman, or something.
He sold his soul to Hollywood and will now only attract the lowest common denominator (i.e the people who simply want 'entertained'. They don't care enough to look at the wider picture.)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Pondering mummy issues...

I was having some thoughts as to whether Diana was actually a bad mother? What makes a bad mother? Is love enough? We know she wasn't that intelligent herself, wasn't very strict with boundaries, used a young William as a confidante and, towards the end, introduced the boys to a number of "uncles". I'm not suggesting her mental health had anything to do with it. The question that occured to me was, whilst she may have thought she was doing her best, were her mothering skills low? I do realise Charles had a part to play, but I guess I'm wondering if your views on Diana's competence as a mother have changed in light of the way Harry has gone off the rails in the very public way he has done.

And IF you think Diana was not a good mother role model for her children, is she to blame for that (i.e. could she have improved her skills to become a better mother if she wanted to) or do you think that was beyond her conscious control?

*Edited to add: I'm not sure where I sit on these questions, so I'm keen to know what others think. It's where my morning brain took me and I don't mean to cause any offence.
to be honest I don't think any Mum can classified as the perfect Mum we can aspire to be try to be and sadly there are some nasty ones which is horrendous for any child to endure. In his book he portray's Diana as a Saint, personally I don't believe she was, I believe she loved her children but I also believe she used her Children probably playing them of herself and their Father,

Bloody hell 😳😳😳😳😳

I know this is vacuous. But please, can’t someone give than a lesson in applying makeup?
that was her deputy dog look!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Who the duck is that idiot? What we want is a Royal Family that isn't a reality TV show. Ugh. I feel sorry for ordinary Americans represented by cunts like that. Again, it beats me why these people care so much about Britain? Sort out your own bleeping country and leave us alone.
Here Here! you know what Meghan Markle definitely isn't a tourist information advocate for the USA she puts me of ever visiting

• Haha
Reactions: 22
TBH I am hoping smeg gets on with what Her end game is as it is all to bleeping tedious now and personally I think Chales will give in to the ginger bleep because He is weak and they know it

• Angry
  • Sad
Interesting. Years old gossip regarding Meghan and Serena. That account is inactive now, so probs won't get an update.

m.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 33
A selection of British tabloid covers the day Smeg went to Whole Foods....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
These threads move so fast... its hard to respond!

There are comments about rewriting history, and the power of media/public opinion. At the moment with Harry and his story telling, I think we are too close to know what history will think of him!
But there is a fascinating parallel, with the latest BBC history drama ''Marie Antoinette'' for years and years, I have believed the whole, let them eat cake scenario, and that her beheading as French monarch, along with her husband Louis was justified, as she was an empty headed fool, who shouldn't have been anywhere near a throne.
Now this latest history drama, is a massive retelling of history! I have only watched the first couple of episodes, but Marie Antoinette is intelligent and able to play a diplomatic and clever game, in an impossible position. Its a massive retelling of the original story! A bit like the retelling of Thomas Cromwell, and Henry 8th. fascinating!!!

There were also comments about how the British Royal family are out of touch with younger generations, particularly those under 20. I would tend to agree. But I don't think this is really anything at all to do with Harry.
Queen Elizabeth, had 4 children, which appealed to 2 different generations. With Charles only having 2 sons, those sons are now too old to appeal to teenagers, their lives don't connect at all with the young. And we have also lost the impact of schemes like, The Duke of Edinburgh awards, and the Princes Trust. To some extent to make themselves relatable to British young people, the Royal family need a new scheme or an award, or a massively revamped system, to appeal to younger generations.
But they haven't got one, or anyone to head one up! I would say William and Kate are too busy, with Earthshot etc, Harry is temperamentally unsound, George, Charlotte and louis are too young,
The RF are lacking a younger version of Anne, or even Edward, badly. Even Andrew gave an approximation of a playboy prince when younger, The RF are lacking a sense of glamour and mystery, a royal mystique and magic to revolve around.

Reactions: 21
The Ned is a normal hotel in the City (broadly the financial district within London for non UK readers) with what can only be described as an upmarket food court on the ground floor. I’ve eaten there, it’s ok, nothing special and you don’t have to be staying there or a member to eat there.

It’s in what was a banking hall and it’s quite an interesting setting. There is a membership available which allows access to the roof and a swimming pool and a small bar, but it’s not a fashionable members club like Soho house or the type of Pall Mall club where you have to be a) male b) on the waiting list from birth to be voted in. My husband was a member of a similar hotel for the swimming pool and small gym before work.

They did a real push for people to join when it was first opened, but, apart from a five minute wonder at launch, it’s not a notable place and not an evening destination. The City is still quite quiet, with lots of people still wfh.
It gives a discount to soho house members.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don’t quite understand the ‘ in an era in which there wasn’t any escape or support or empathy for a woman in her position’ . She wasn’t a naive young girl, forced into an abusive marriage, with family or societal pressures to stay. She had been divorced twice, she had citizenship of another country that she could have easily returned to upon separation.
I don’t think it would have been at all easy for her to return to the US, a place she hadnt lived for quite some time. No matter where she was in the world, she was in an incredibly difficult position with a feckless man-child who had became completely obsessed with her. She wanted out of the relationship and he threatened to kill himself if she left. Presumably it was bad enough being the woman who’d in the eyes of the world caused the King to abdicate. The fact that he might commit suicide and have that laid at her feet as well would have been a terrifying prospect no matter where she was in the world.

The way the story broke she suddenly found herself being hounded and hated by everyone, death threads arriving every day, no beefy security guards to protect her and ostracised by everyone including her friends. She was the most infamous woman in the world at that point, and alone. There were no sympathetic woke voices for Wallis, questioning the press coverage or condemning Edward’s horrendous obsessive behaviour and personality. She married him out of duty with no other options, knowing that she’d be saddled to a useless needy lump for the rest of her life and having no particular purpose other than to organise their days. That’s a pretty bad fate for anyone.

Reactions: 23
People seem so convinced that the changes Harry wanted to make to the book after the Queen died were things he wanted removing from it out of respect for her.
He said it in the first place without caring that she would read it so why would he suddenly decide things needed removing now shes passed?

What if he wanted to include extra nasty stuff now she was no longer around to read it?
He may have decided he could get away with more crap now cos he thinks his Dad's a softie.
That's what I said at the time. H would be adding to the book and maybe Nutflux.

No HMQ to give them a few words. Wouldn't have to be much.
Recollections may vary or similar.

Reactions: 15
Jennie Bond said on Lorraine that the bullying report should be released so if she didn't do it she will be vindicated but if she did, at least it's out in the open.
I would love the bullying report to be released. It’s under lock and key so it’s obvious it’s true.

Meg seriously needs to see an ENT asap, all this collapsing and crying could be an inner ear infection causing vertigo. I mean, it's every other bloody page isn't it?

Just not enough eye rolls in the universe!
I have Ménière’s, and pinky promise, can attest that not ONCE since it presented have I collapsed on the floor sobbing, crying, blubbering, drooling, mopping or whatever it is she’s so busy doing down there. I mean, seriously, the end game is to stay off the floor at all costs, the logistics of being able to get myself back up during a bout of the spins (vertigo) would be like starring in my very own slapstick comedy, without the deserved paycheck and acclaim.

Nah, I think she’s just batshit over the top eye rolling crazy for needing to be down there on such a regular basis🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Is anyone else getting bored with Tom Bowyer popping everywhere for me He is the new Angela Levin ( can't stand Her either ) always has an opinon most of which is bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.