Harry and Meghan #303 Kiss Meg's shoes or I'll release book two!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Best thing IMO would be for a small statement from BP to be released shortly (to silence the will they won't be invited drama) that the invites have gone out and that it includes the duo if they are on the list. The RF are in a tricky situation a bit like a wedding when you know someone always kicks off but you can't not invite them as they are family. You send the invite to be polite but cross your fingers they reply that they can't make it, oh dear what a shame.

Harry says the RF have made no attempt to reconcile but if they do try some people won't like it and it may turn people against the RF for appearing to give in which is a win for the duo and if they don't make attempts to reconcile it gives ammunition for others to say look the RF won't reconcile the duo were right. They really can't win.

They can't be trusted but the RF can invite, be polite, don't give them any reason to complain then breathe a massive sigh of relief when they return overseas once more. Keep calm and carry on, kill them with kindness. Include them as family members for the whole world to see and if they whine when they get back home then people will continue to wonder what all their fuss is about.

Reactions: 22
You know what, 80+ years has left a gloss over the early years after King Edward's abdication. In those early days, he and Wallis were just as demanding, just as entitled, and just as threatening as the Stoats. He really thought at first they they could live the half-in/half-out life, not realizing that leaving meant exile forever. He was always threatening lawsuits and was obsessed with Wallis and could not understand why no one else could see how perfect she was. The two Davids (as both have it as part of their names) are mirror images of one another

The difference is that there was no social media and the world was on the brink of war, so the demands of a couple of brats were easily ignored by the general public. By the time war was over, George VI and his family were so beloved for their stalwart actions during the war and the Windsors' initial cosiness with the Nazi so reviled, that they realized that they had to keep their mouth shut in public. He got a pension of sorts from the family too (and no the family should NOT do that for the Stoats -at least Edward/David had been the King for a while)

Tommy Lascelles (a fascinating guy - I recommend his published diaries!) wrote in his diary that (and this is verbatim from Traitor King): "He was like the child in the fairy story who was given every gift except a soul. There was nothing in him which understood the intellectual or spiritual sides of life, and that all art, poetry, music, etc were dead to him....he had no friends in this country, nobody whom he would ever wish to see again...He was without a soul and this made him a trifle mad...he never cared for England or the English. He hated his country since he had no sould and did no tlike being reminded of his duties."

MP Robert Bernays wrote: "He hasn't one real friend to lean upon in this emergency. His case seems to be arrested development. He never passed the stage from boyhood to manhood. He is the spoiled child of success with the film star mentality. He sees his job only in terms of cheering crowds...he has never thought the matter out. He thought that he could quietly retire into private life, leaving his brother to perform the dreary ceremonial functions while he spent a tranquil life gardening at Fort Belvedere and holidaying on the Riviera, occasionally emerging...[to] receive the cheers that mean so much to him. For the first time he has been brought up against the fact that abdication means exile and that for the rest of his life he can serve no useful purpose."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Congratulations to Spangly on the thread title.

However, I’m massively disappointed that whoever it was the gave us “Harry Todger and the Knoblet of Fire” didn’t submit it as a thread suggestion. So, please, pretty please submit it.

Best title EVER!
I thought they had and last time I looked it had lost by 5 votes. However, I'm with you so whoever submitted it the first time do it again now please. It's an inspired title and because we are at the beginning of a thread it will give people more time to vote for it.

'HARRY TODGER AND THE KNOBLET OF FIRE'
I quoted it to my son and DIL this afternoon and they were crying laughing at it . She was also showing texts she has received from her friends all lampooning H ..... and this is from a group who wouldn't hear a word said against him and Smegs a few weeks ago when I tried to convert them. Things are definitely changing.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Congratulations to Spangly on the thread title.

However, I’m massively disappointed that whoever it was the gave us “Harry Todger and the Knoblet of Fire” didn’t submit it as a thread suggestion. So, please, pretty please submit it.

Best title EVER!
Whole series awaits! Harry Todger and The half baked prince
Harry Todger and the Philosophomeg’s moan
Harry Todger and the Chamber of family secrets
Harry Todger and the the disorder of the duke and duchess prefix
Harry Todger and the penile callous

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm getting bored now of it all, if it's true that Harry has been talking about Williams children then I think the royals are being rather pathetic to not say anything about it. I get Haz is after a reaction probably, but it makes them look weak and there are plenty of things they could say that don't humour him. If they reconcile for the coronation that's also pretty pathetic tbh on both sides, I think ironically the RF being amicable would be what makes a lot of people not be arsed with them. Of course what they do in private is up to them, but H has been horrible about this country if he represents us at any sort of event that we fund then ew.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I thought they had and last time I looked it had lost by 5 votes. However, I'm with you so whoever submitted it the first time do it again now please. It's an inspired title and because we are at the beginning of a thread it will give people more time to vote for it.

'HARRY TODGER AND THE KNOBLET OF FIRE'
I quoted it to my son and DIL this afternoon and they were crying laughing at it . She was also showing texts she has received from her friends all lampooning H ..... and this is from a group who wouldn't hear a word said against him and Smegs a few weeks ago when I tried to convert them. Things are definitely changing.
yes love this title hope whoever posted it posts it again

Reactions: 17
You know what, 80+ years has left a gloss over the early years after King Edward's abdication. In those early days, he and Wallis were just as demanding, just as entitled, and just as threatening as the Stoats. He really thought at first they they could live the half-in/half-out life, not realizing that leaving meant exile forever. He was always threatening lawsuits and was obsessed with Wallis and could not understand why no one else could see how perfect she was. The two Davids (as both have it as part of their names) are mirror images of one another

The difference is that there was no social media and the world was on the brink of war, so the demands of a couple of brats were easily ignored by the general public. By the time war was over, George VI and his family were so beloved for their stalwart actions during the war and the Windsors' initial cosiness with the Nazi so reviled, that they realized that they had to keep their mouth shut in public. He got a pension of sorts from the family too (and no the family should NOT do that for the Stoats -at least Edward/David had been the King for a while)

Tommy Lascelles (a fascinating guy - I recommend his published diaries!) wrote in his diary that (and this is verbatim from Traitor King): "He was like the child in the fairy story who was given every gift except a soul. There was nothing in him which understood the intellectual or spiritual sides of life, and that all art, poetry, music, etc were dead to him....he had no friends in this country, nobody whom he would ever wish to see again...He was without a soul and this made him a trifle mad...he never cared for England or the English. He hated his country since he had no sould and did no tlike being reminded of his duties."

MP Robert Bernays wrote: "He hasn't one real friend to lean upon in this emergency. His case seems to be arrested development. He never passed the stage from boyhood to manhood. He is the spoiled child of success with the film star mentality. He sees his job only in terms of cheering crowds...he has never thought the matter out. He thought that he could quietly retire into private life, leaving his brother to perform the dreary ceremonial functions while he spent a tranquil life gardening at Fort Belvedere and holidaying on the Riviera, occasionally emerging...[to] receive the cheers that mean so much to him. For the first time he has been brought up against the fact that abdication means exile and that for the rest of his life he can serve no useful purpose."
Undeniably .
However history is written in the winners ''narrative .''
See endless problems with resurfaced eye witness accounts being intentionally discredited because the facts no longer fit ''established narratives '' or socially appealing ''facts.''
There are indicators that Edward was infertile , a child syndrome like alluded by Lascelles ,if something like that could ever be verified , the choice of a childless woman (after 2 marriages ) would look like a choice of a King that was aware that he couldn't give heirs, and lineage to a Nation, and a King that actually left to give the Nation a continuation of their identity .
Narrative's change.

Reactions: 23
I completely disagree. How would they be under any sort of control? They're already not supposed to be using their titles for commercial purposes, yet that's all they do - and without sanction.

Also, the way they have behaved is far worse than whatever Thomas Snr did and the Harkles haven't reconciled with him.

In a way, I hope the rumours about 25 are true. That would see him off once and for all.
Sigh...I think you're right. I live in a dream world I guess! But yes, I hadn't thought about the lack of current sanctions. I live in the hopes that are shackled and muzzled, and I stand by the "keep your enemies closer" statement.

Reactions: 18
True, except that one part after his mother's passing where the inkpots were preventing him from signing that document and growled at Handsome Jonny... I did raise my chola brows at that televised scene
The table was small, the pen was splattering and this was probably one of the most important things he has ever signed - I let him off being a bit nervous and tetchy. And he accepted a biro offered by a crowd member the next day in good humour…

Reactions: 40
Best thing IMO would be for a small statement from BP to be released shortly (to silence the will they won't be invited drama) that the invites have gone out and that it includes the duo if they are on the list. The RF are in a tricky situation a bit like a wedding when you know someone always kicks off but you can't not invite them as they are family. You send the invite to be polite but cross your fingers they reply that they can't make it, oh dear what a shame.

Harry says the RF have made no attempt to reconcile but if they do try some people won't like it and it may turn people against the RF for appearing to give in which is a win for the duo and if they don't make attempts to reconcile it gives ammunition for others to say look the RF won't reconcile the duo were right. They really can't win.

They can't be trusted but the RF can invite, be polite, don't give them any reason to complain then breathe a massive sigh of relief when they return overseas once more. Keep calm and carry on, kill them with kindness. Include them as family members for the whole world to see and if they whine when they get back home then people will continue to wonder what all their fuss is about.
Why should the RF reconcile after all that’s been said about them?

I cannot get my head around the general suggestion that the royals are shagged if they say ‘duck orf cunts , Hasta La Vista baby and there’s no fuckin’ chance’ .

They’d more than likely get a NHS style Thunderclap at 8.00 pm if they did.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I feel we need to revisit the alternative titles we were discussing a while ago for the dastardly duo based on 'todgergate'.

Duke & Duchess of Cockburn?

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Fascinating reading - thanks for posting.

Reactions: 26
I'm getting bored now of it all, if it's true that Harry has been talking about Williams children then I think the royals are being rather pathetic to not say anything about it. I get Haz is after a reaction probably, but it makes them look weak and there are plenty of things they could say that don't humour him. If they reconcile for the coronation that's also pretty pathetic tbh on both sides, I think ironically the RF being amicable would be what makes a lot of people not be arsed with them. Of course what they do in private is up to them, but H has been horrible about this country if he represents us at any sort of event that we fund then ew.
One of the senior royal reporters said criticism of camilla would be the breaking point.

Also making out he needs to RESCUE Williams children is plain weird

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.