Harry and Meghan #145 Psst, Wanna invest? With a Dook & Dookess? Please feather our nest!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ! Long time lurker here. Love this thread- very funny! The Adele thing has puzzled me- it is as if she is approving of Oprah interviews- was she not disgusted by the hatchet job H,M & O did on the Royal Family..... Any self respecting Brit wouldn't go within an inch of Oprah -
Adele in need of some headlines to flog the new music- ex hubby must have done well......
Agree. Baffling.

Oh and also welcome!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi ! Long time lurker here. Love this thread- very funny! The Adele thing has puzzled me- it is as if she is approving of Oprah interviews- was she not disgusted by the hatchet job H,M & O did on the Royal Family..... Any self respecting Brit wouldn't go within an inch of Oprah -
Adele in need of some headlines to flog the new music- ex hubby must have done well......
I guess Adele just wants a high profile interview and probably didn't think about the Harkles. I don't really care what Adele does she's only promoting her new album. Can't say I'm keen on her new release though, it's a bit dreary.

Reactions: 30
I wouldn't be surprised if a select few of the non-bot squad accounts were on the payroll or, at least, organised by Sachs'n'co. The formulated take downs of twitter accounts who aren't actively pro-Pinocchio and so on. I thought Kate's Rangers was a fairly harmless account, and yet...
As far as the bots are concerned, if it looks like a pig and talks like a pig...

In much happier news: Kate the Great is out and about, making a keynote speech to open "Taking Action on Addiction" campaign. HRH can wear red!

Rather brilliant 'overheard' conversation about addiction posted by a royal reporter, in spoiler.

I have pinched the transcribed speech from the Mail, under the spoiler if interested. Slightly concerned though. She doesn't once say authentic/authentically. I think she needs to have a conversation with PWB to learn the ways of the Word Salad.

Thank you Ant and Dec and to the Forward Trust for bringing us all here together this morning.

I am so pleased to be joining you to launch The ‘Taking Action on Addiction’ campaign, and I am grateful to those of you who have shared your experiences of addiction with me here today.

Addiction is not a choice. No one chooses to become an addict. But it can happen to any one of us. None of us are immune.

Yet it’s all too rarely discussed as a serious mental health condition. And seldom do we take the time to uncover and fully understand its fundamental root causes.

The journey towards addiction is often multi-layered and complex. But, by recognising what lies beneath addiction, we can help remove the taboo and shame that sadly surrounds it.

As a society, we need to start from a position of compassion and empathy. Where we nurture those around us, understand their journey, and what has come before them.

We need to value and prioritise care and support, helping to restore and connect individuals who are clearly suffering, to the people around them.

That is why I am so passionate about the work of The Forward Trust, an organisation I am so proud to be patron of. This is the work that you, and many other charities, provide day in, day out. And it is needed now, more than ever.

The pandemic has had a devastating impact on addiction rates. And families and children are having to cope with addiction in greater numbers than ever before.

We know that over one and a half million people across the UK who did not have substance misuse prior to lockdown, may now be experiencing problems associated with increased alcohol consumption.

Around 2 million individuals who were identified as being in recovery, may have experienced a relapse over the past 18 months.

And almost one million young people and children are showing an increase in addictive behaviour since the pandemic began.

Yet, there is hope. Over the last ten years, I have had the privilege of meeting many incredible people who have lived through the harsh realities of addiction. Through their own hard work, and with the help from communities and charities, such as The Forward Trust, lives really are being turned around.

These are stories of healing, of hope and recovery, that can inspire us all.

I fully support The ‘Taking Action on Addiction’ campaign to improve awareness and understanding of addiction. The campaign will show us that, not only do many people recover from addiction, they can go on to prosper.

We can all play our part in helping this work. By understanding, by listening, by connecting. So that together we can build a happier, healthier and more nurturing society.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I don't believe all of them are being paid but there is the possibility that one or two are being paid to agitate so I don't think it can be entirely discounted. There's certainly room to think that some may be part of their PR team.
I can agree that a couple of them may be paid to agitate but there's no way they'd announce it on Twatter.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Catherine is just fab isn't she. I have to say I wasn't a fan in the early days but she has proven, to me at least, just what as asset she is to the Royal Family and indeed to the UK. She never once leaves you feeling like she is false or she is acting under motives of pure self interest.

ETA Just saw her outfit from today, now thats how you wear red!! Does she have a new dresser as every outfit recently seems to be knocking it out the ball park!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I guess Adele just wants a high profile interview and probably didn't think about the Harkles. I don't really care what Adele does she's only promoting her new album. Can't say I'm keen on her new release though, it's a bit dreary.
I find a lot of Adele songs a bit weird and stalker-ish.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Happy hols @

Are you losing weight though, or is it just water??
I was losing weight on it but now pauseofmen has hit and doesn't matter what I eat or do nothing gets the weight off.. I can eat absolutely nothing for a week and gain weight .. I went on a steamed veggie diet for a month and gained 6 kilos.. I ate nothing but steamed veggies with no butter or anything added... boy was I pissed off about that....lol

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I wouldn't be surprised if a select few of the non-bot squad accounts were on the payroll or, at least, organised by Sachs'n'co. The formulated take downs of twitter accounts who aren't actively pro-Pinocchio and so on. I thought Kate's Rangers was a fairly harmless account, and yet...
As far as the bots are concerned, if it looks like a pig and talks like a pig...

In much happier news: Kate the Great is out and about, making a keynote speech to open "Taking Action on Addiction" campaign. HRH can wear red!

Rather brilliant 'overheard' conversation about addiction posted by a royal reporter, in spoiler.

I have pinched the transcribed speech from the Mail, under the spoiler if interested. Slightly concerned though. She doesn't once say authentic/authentically. I think she needs to have a conversation with PWB to learn the ways of the Word Salad.

Thank you Ant and Dec and to the Forward Trust for bringing us all here together this morning.

I am so pleased to be joining you to launch The ‘Taking Action on Addiction’ campaign, and I am grateful to those of you who have shared your experiences of addiction with me here today.

Addiction is not a choice. No one chooses to become an addict. But it can happen to any one of us. None of us are immune.

Yet it’s all too rarely discussed as a serious mental health condition. And seldom do we take the time to uncover and fully understand its fundamental root causes.

The journey towards addiction is often multi-layered and complex. But, by recognising what lies beneath addiction, we can help remove the taboo and shame that sadly surrounds it.

As a society, we need to start from a position of compassion and empathy. Where we nurture those around us, understand their journey, and what has come before them.

We need to value and prioritise care and support, helping to restore and connect individuals who are clearly suffering, to the people around them.

That is why I am so passionate about the work of The Forward Trust, an organisation I am so proud to be patron of. This is the work that you, and many other charities, provide day in, day out. And it is needed now, more than ever.

The pandemic has had a devastating impact on addiction rates. And families and children are having to cope with addiction in greater numbers than ever before.

We know that over one and a half million people across the UK who did not have substance misuse prior to lockdown, may now be experiencing problems associated with increased alcohol consumption.

Around 2 million individuals who were identified as being in recovery, may have experienced a relapse over the past 18 months.

And almost one million young people and children are showing an increase in addictive behaviour since the pandemic began.

Yet, there is hope. Over the last ten years, I have had the privilege of meeting many incredible people who have lived through the harsh realities of addiction. Through their own hard work, and with the help from communities and charities, such as The Forward Trust, lives really are being turned around.

These are stories of healing, of hope and recovery, that can inspire us all.

I fully support The ‘Taking Action on Addiction’ campaign to improve awareness and understanding of addiction. The campaign will show us that, not only do many people recover from addiction, they can go on to prosper.

We can all play our part in helping this work. By understanding, by listening, by connecting. So that together we can build a happier, healthier and more nurturing society.
How can we be sure she’s authentic though if she doesn’t tell us?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
How can we be sure she’s authentic though if she doesn’t tell us?
Exactly! She needs to say it three times every paragraph for us to know how authentic she is. For all we know, she doesn't care, not truly, deeply, for at least the last three days. Bet she didn't work the crowd either. What a fail. She needs lessons.

Catherine is just fab isn't she. I have to say I wasn't a fan in the early days but she has proven, to me at least, just what as asset she is to the Royal Family and indeed to the UK. She never once leaves you feeling like she is false or she is acting under motives of pure self interest.

ETA Just saw her outfit from today, now thats how you wear red!! Does she have a new dresser as every outfit recently seems to be knocking it out the ball park!
I feel the same way. I was happy for William when they became engaged but.. She has blossomed beautifully into her role. After she had Louis it felt like something settled and from then on, she grew from strength to strength and every engagement she actively showed how much she cared and was interested and prepped and all good things. No finding the cameras to grin at manically or switching off her face and interest the minute the spotlight isn't directly on her. Not that I'm thinking of anyone in Monteshito or nuffing.

Pinoccho's tagged dress seems to be the closest in style to the outfit today, thought I'd put our favourites side by side. In finding a photo that shows off Pinocchio's dress, I feel I should impart the important knowledge I received: her dress is currently in stock if anyone feels the need to dress like their Kween. (Catherine's bag is The Nano Montreal from Demellier, used back at the Hold Still & National Gallery events. I still like it!)

1634644720513.png
1634644766555.png

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Welcome! Like your user name🥰 Indeed a puzzle as to why Adele is lowering herself to speak with Orca 🐋 Agree with the others , the song is meh 😂 won't be purchasing it in any form! I'm guessing there will be no "hold up, wait a minute" moments from Adele, a snoozefest unless she reveals herself and H do indeed have boozy sessions😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
It seems to me that all her songs are a bit dreary. She really has tapped into the mother lode for angst and break up songs - should keep her going in royalties forever.
I have heard musicians on TV discussing her songwriting, saying it's quite clever and not as simply composed as you initially think it is if you are not forensically musically inclined (like me, unable to tell what is "clever" or not) - but by God, would it hurt the girl to write a happy tune once in a while? You know, a little toe tapper, shoulder shrugger, chair dancing little number?
🤷‍♀️:m🤷‍♀️:m🤷‍♀️:m🤷‍♀️:m

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier how pleased I am for @Nuttynana for her results. Keep on rocking and swearing, Nutty 🐱:m🐱:m🐱

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.