Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
I think we're told that the RF costs us 68p per year but I'd love to know how they come to that amount. What are they counting? I was a Civil Servant for 10 years and every year I was given a paid day off for the Queens Birthday. Since my pay was approx £100 per day, that means I received £1000 in holiday over the period. If I was paying 68p for 10 years, that adds up to £6.80. Which means I benefitted to the tune of £990/whatever.
I was one member of staff in the Civil Service and the majority of staff were paid a lot more than I was. So how much do all those days off add up to and is that amount counted in the 68p per year that we hear about? :unsure:
Well the Queen's Birthday public holiday has no relation to tax. The equation would be something along the lines of the number of taxpayers and dollar amount of tax and then what proportion of that tax goes to the royals. Commonwealth countries all (?) have a Queen's birthday public holiday, it's not relevant to the calculation.

Reactions: 18

murphy

But why do you have to be 'right wing' or 'left wing' not to believe the lies peddled by Smegatron?

I bet that most on this thread (well certainly myself) don't subscribe to either end of the extreme spectrum and are just ordinary people who are fed up of being lied to.

This idea that if you support the Queen vs Harkles it makes you a 'right winger' is rubbish.

As for the press the Guardian is absolute fucking shite these days and anti women 😡
At least the only other leftist paper the Mirror has called the Harkles out, but as you say it would help if criticism of the Harkle wankers came from all sides.
I was thinking of pundits like Morgan (although he used to be labour) and Andrew Neil etc. The media has pitched the anti-sussex argument as one of support for the monarchy versus what they call the 'woke' Sussexes.
Even left-liberals have adopted the Sussexes as an embodiment of progressive identity politics. Anti-Sussexes have accused them of espousing 'Marxist' ideas when they couldn't be further from Marx than Groucho.

My point would be that identity politics and 'wokery' is not at all radical, in fact it segues very nicely into a neoliberal, individualist self-centred culture. Its no accident that a lot of identity politics supporters are libertarian; the idea being that it is your choices that determine your life, and not your economic/social status. The Sussexes 'fit' the identity/woke profile precisely because it does conceal, at its heart, a tendency towards gestural politics which makes great claims but keeps the elite exactly where they want to be. But this is getting off topic and preachy so I'll stop.

You don't have to be 'right wing' to support the monarchy but it helps. There is nothing that is outside of politics. (Goes off to polish bust of Lenin)

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
Hi Chita, I'm on a new laptop. I did get on my old one but it stills happens on this one. It's just annoying as it is nice to quote peoples posts. Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I'm not very computer savvy as an old pensioner.....hello @nuttynanna I think we are the same...lol!!

Ok, there is a curved arrow visible on laptops too.
It might be up on the top left of your screen. usually next to a little house icon [homescreen] - so if you click on that arrow, it should refresh your page and hopefully the oops will stop happening while you're on that page.

It is a recurring glitch so you may have to do it on other pages in future but hopefully page refresh will sort it for you each time.

MistyWoods

VIP Member
Omg glad you are ok, Misty! And welcome! Muricans are definitely made to feel welcomed here, despite the repugnant she-cunt MM.
My (few remaining) friends in NYC said it was epic... and incredibly it was the exploding toilets that was the common theme: geysers of filthy water spewing out of toilets as high up as in the 9th floor. I never saw anything like that while living in NY and NJ, and I was there for Hurricane Sandy (no flooding in NYC at all, for instance). And this happened twice this summer in nyc.
Here in London the two floods we had this summer, it was very much ground and lower ground properties but here too there was the phenomenon of spewing toilets, but also spewing municipal drains/manholes. In my 25 yrs here I've never seen that. Was the Penn flooding mostly overflowing rivers?
OMG! as high up as the 9th floor??? My friend's house in NJ had that, too, in her basement. I don't know if it happened anywhere in PA as I haven't read a lot of news the last few days. I saw one news story where people couldn't get back into their houses because the town didn't want to pump the water out of their area back into the river because it was contaminated. Don't know what they're going to do. But I can't imagine exploding toilets!! :eek:

• Sick
  • Sad

kev1974

VIP Member
we're pretty much at 1000 posts so I've gone ahead and made the new thread!

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
In this & other things I have seen, the PR is really starting to push a good relationship between the twunts & DofC. Anyone any insight as to why we have gone from "waity Katy made me cry" to "she's the only one who's met Lilly" & " We zoom all the time"..?? Does anyone see any real truth to it?
The whole lot of it is cali2 BS PR via that "Royal Expert" Scabie poo.

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
I think most of it has already been filmed and they will probably use older footage of Friar Tuck talking about PP, i doubt there will be anything from him filmed since he buggered off with psycho
Yeah, it might even be a bit recorded when he came back for the funeral.

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
UK doesn't have a specific Queens birthday bank holiday.
I didn't know that, but every country has public holidays, mostly for slightly spurious reasons. Certainly in Australia we have a Queen's birthday holiday.
Slight non sequitur to assume it's a royal expense.

Reactions: 17

Nuttynana

VIP Member
@DollyBlue how does he have IBS and did the Vet tell you?? My Bonnie who used to do cables was diagnosed with a heart problem and despite £5000 in Vet bills she died, I don't know if there is a link but next time Winston goes to the Vet get his heart checked.

• Sad
  • Wow

MistyWoods

VIP Member
Well, knock me over with a feather

from July 2020 unfortunately :confused:

• Sad
  • Haha

MistyWoods

VIP Member
Awww thanks!!!! Champagne's on me!!!
And I believe we are also both Muricans too! Although I've been here in blighty for nearly 25 years 😀
I've been trying my best to catch up as a fellow Murican, but it's not easy! My posts keep getting put together on the same post & slowing me down. Sigh. :D

• Heart
  • Sad