Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
Interesting post from Deanna on Quora regarding the finances of the Harkles:

'Prince Harry was well known for his frugality throughout his adult life. He didn't spend much money on clothes, and he was very happy to live in Nott Cottage within Kensington Palace when Prince William vacated that space with Catherine for their more palatial place. Harry didn’t needlessly spend money to look good or to impress people; he was happy, joking, funny Harry.

Everyone knew he was a prince, so Harry didn’t splash out on decorating or on new clothes for each day. The very wealthy people who come from wealthy families and are aristocratic understand their wealth is in their stunningly large mansions and country homes. They have paintings worth more than some people’s homes. The very wealthy own land, and they are content to reuse the faded rugs from decades ago. Harry comes from this. Harry played the wealthy sport of kings: polo; he enjoyed the 50,000 acres that Queen Elizabeth owns surrounding her beloved Balmoral Castle. This is his life.

That was his life. When he decided to marry the rather middle class American who knew nothing about the British way of life, Harry likely didn’t anticipate Meghan’s appetite for spending money. She was new to this lifestyle, and Meghan wanted to spend the way she thought Catherine did. (Catherine watches how much she spends by the way.)

Harry, by not marrying a wealthy British woman, wound up trying to rein in his wife’s insatiable appetite for the good life as she saw it. Harry’s aristocratic friends laughed at Meghan. She tried too hard. Nott Cott was good enough for Catherine to live in with the love of her life, Prince William, but Meghan only saw their 20 room “apartment” at Kensington Palace and wanted to get out of the tiny apartment (as written in Finding Freedom). That’s when she asked to live in Windsor Castle, and nobody in the family asks for a place. They are given as gifts, and Harry forgot to tell his rich, new wife the niceties of dealing with royal life and the Queen.

I think Harry understands Meghan is flying through his inheritance money and the huge sums given to the couple from Prince Charles. Why Meghan’s first year as a royal cost over $1,000,000 for her clothing alone, and most of it was maternity wear, which she didn't bother to rewear when pregnant with Lili. Word is Meghan had a deal with her friend to resell the clothes Meghan wore, so they could split the profits. Maybe the Dior maternity dress that cost a whopping $90,000 is being worn by some rich housewife in New Jersey.

Meghan likes to spend money on things. She wanted a mansion with sixteen bathrooms. Why? I’m sure Harry wasn’t happy with that purchase price, and they could have lived as lovers for life in a medium sized home near LA. A $5,000,000 home would have been better than a $14,000,000 home. The upkeep alone would cost one million a year at their Montecito mansion. At least.

Then there is her need for private jets. And Meghan is wild about security. It makes her look important to have bodyguards around her, except they don't need them in America. Nobody is chasing them down for their photographs anymore, so Meghan even spends cash on private photographers. Add in her three PR teams, which she kept when she was a royal living in Britain, too. Did Meghan not trust the Brits to make her look good? Because they certainly did!

Harry has a cash flow problem on his hands.

He is frugal, and that’s why we’ll spot him wearing wrinkled clothing such as that ubiquitous grey suit along with his shoes with a hole in the bottom. Meghan is in new outfits all the time as she doesn't recycle them, which all of us do. Wearing the same clothes over and over is something even the royals do.

Meghan missed the memo on that one, too. I don’t know what Harry is going to do when they run out of money, because Prince Charles is fuming at the couple. So I wouldn't be thinking he’d help them out in their wealthy lifestyle now. Who’s left? The Queen? Oprah? George Clooney? Gayle King?

Harry is either in so much love with Meghan that he’s blind to her spending, or he is trembling over upsetting his bride over their finances. Either way Harry is not making his wife live a more frugal life. As their relevancy wanes, it would make sense to move and reduce their spending on attorneys and public relations teams. The couple needs to live within their means, as we all do. And I don’t think Meghan understands by not being a good royal and staying she lost a great job and all the perks.

I wonder how long they have left to live in this ostentatious manner.'

I said it what seems like 100 threads ago, but it bears repeating “Money shouts, wealth whispers” I think that, besides understanding this by running in these circles, Catherine is instinctively more thrifty because her parents are self-made. She knows what they sacrificed to make their business successful.

I also think an American from literally anyplace else other than LA would understand this. Even an actress who grew up anywhere other than LA would understand this. The vast majority of Hollywood is new money trash with no understanding of or appreciation for quality or history. Everything—EVERYTHING—in Hollywood is about surface, not depth. She grew up steeped in a place that is tacky and superficial. She is as provincial and ignorant about the wider world as a woman who never left the “holler” in Appalachia. She literally does not know anything different and is convinced that her way is the only way (and that it is how everyone thinks and acts) Even when she was in Canada, she ran with the tacky, superficial new money crowd. I guarantee that at Northwestern she considered everyone else (except maybe those from Manhattan) as a rube, That is why she has no innate taste or class.

I would say that any one of us would have adapted better than someone who is native to LA.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

freda19

VIP Member
I always understood that if you had to leave decent bits of kit behind in a war zone that the last thing you did before legging it out of there was to disable the stuff so the enemy couldnt use it against either your or their own people??

I am trying to think of an analogy to tie this in to the Cali Cunts but currently failing.
Well they left scoobie behind and forgot to disable his mouth.

Highly suspicious.
As if the enemy were meant to receive them intact.

Ex SAS blokes have been on news programmes all day and they are gobsmacked at Biden.
BIDEN IS A CUNT !
Everyone saw this coming two months ago and that demented old fart insisted loudly "KABUL WILL NOT FALL!" at a presser 5 or 6 weeks ago. I sat watching it on twitter and thought "are you fucking wise in the head mister? The enemy are almost literally at the gate". No clue. Lights on but nobody home.
I'm really triggered today. Kids hiding in their rooms, so that's a blessing ....:ROFLMAO:
I might make an airport announcement. Or not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

wisebutwild

VIP Member
Another one changes her opinion of the Gruesomes ....... they are now 'a weeping sore' ........ best description this week!

Karren Brady, 52, has admitted her opinions on Meghan Markle, 40, and Prince Harry, 36, have changed drastically after new excerpts were released from the unauthorised book about the royal couple, Finding Freedom. It comes after new extracts have claimed some members of the Royal Family were "quietly pleased" Meghan had to miss Prince Philip's funeral earlier this year.
The new chapter also claims the Duke of Sussex was “deeply saddened” after he wasn’t allowed to have a wreath laid in his name on Remembrance Sunday last year, due to his decision to quit his role as a Senior Royal alongside his wife Meghan.

After reading the excerpts, Karren admitted that although she “was such a fan of Meghan” when she first started dating Harry, she began to “lose sympathy” for the couple “when it became clear they want to have their cake and eat it” following their move to the US.

The Apprentice star hit out at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in her latest column for The Sun, branding the pair “tone-deaf”.

She also branded Meghan and Harry “a weeping sore the Royal Family cannot heal” after they criticised the Firm in several interviews.

• Haha
  • Heart

Chita

VIP Member
Thank you Murphy Brown.
I loved that show, some of them seemed a bit loopy.

Chita thank you. So whenever "alliterate one" is mentioned in a copied blind it is from cdan website?

Yes I think so.

the cats text on.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
1630188762662.jpeg

This would be hilarious, if it turns out it was some random ‘grey suit’ and not a family member at all!

• Haha
  • Heart

mardymare

VIP Member

Some talk re. Lady C in İ'm A Celeb - the public could decide for themselves about Lady C rather than the guff the press had written about her for about 40 years before that.
People have been turned off by M & H's phoniness and insincerity, and not swayed by the (fake) press.
Will lawyering up by TQ worry Meganuts? Object of exercise is to inject some realism into the situation fabricated by M & H. Watch this space....
Meg completely unmanageable and uncontainable - not a team player. Always out of line and out of tune with rest of TRF - an empty vessel making a lot of noise.
Was Smeg uncomfortable having staff beneath her telling her about protocol. Enraged. No gratitude or appreciation telling her how to do things. Played ball until ring on her finger - then became uncooperative. Some indication before wedding but put down to pre-wedding nerves. Everybody who has known her for any length of time including her father say she is 2 different people - pre-Royal and now the power has gone to her head but not with the results she hoped.
Who is in charge of the monarchy? TQ was hoping to hand over more to PW and PC but not the monarchic role. She still keeps the reins of power in her grasp. Not just a figurehead.
Comment of disenchantment from a military person - Haz held in contempt because of disloyal behaviour to TQ, family and fellow military eg Lion King premiere. Publicity spend and announcements unlikely to overcome this feeling.

Second part of video off topic for the thread - Lady C gives her views on world events/Afghanistan crisis. From 33 minutes if interested.

• Heart

VioletButterfly

VIP Member
Thank You to the lovely @50sGirl and @Cassandra333 for the shiny new thread and title!

i told my hubby Harry was made a commissioner for the Aspen Institute's Commission on Information Disorder in the Digital World, and he replied “You mean he does damage control on himself and they call it a job?” I laughed pretty hard, but it sounds about right. :)

• Haha
  • Heart

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
LOL was Meghan presented Cashley? I never knew that. That's f-ing hilarious. Is that for real? Blimey, Cashley is an archetype of thick rich footballers and he reject Meg? HAHA. That's so funny. Well, it's slightly depressing because it goes to show how dim and desperate Harry is/was.
She wasn't at all. When Meghan met Lizzie, she pretended that Ashley Cole was sending her DMs, presumably in an effort to big note herself and make it appear as though she had the sort of qualities to attract a rich, famous man. (NB: She doesn't)
She pretended to Lizzie that she barely knew who this person was but omg haha he's messaging me.

Then Ashley Cole's brother gave an interview saying it was, in fact, a bunch of rubbish invented by Meghan and that his brother would never look twice at her, much less know who she was, much less DM her in a thirsty way.

Of course it was a bunch of shite.

Let's face it, whatever you think of Cheryl Cole, she was at the time quite famous and very beautiful. Meghan was a 35 year old nobody from Toronto with average looks. She lies her way into everything.

• Haha
  • Heart

Chita

VIP Member

People are interested and eager to meet a Royal family member. Especially Americans because they don't have Royalty.
So to meet Harry would be a novelty for A listers etc - but novelties wear off, and like I said several threads ago, people might have clamoured to meet him once but after meeting him, will they so eager to spend time with him again?

Probably not because they will have sussed that he lacks intelligence, wit, charm and is a talentless and bitter man filled with spite and jealousy.

A peevish Prince.

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Thank You to the lovely @50sGirl and @Cassandra333 for the shiny new thread and title!

i told my hubby Harry was made a commissioner for the Aspen Institute's Commission on Information Disorder in the Digital World, and he replied “You mean he does damage control on himself and they call it a job?” I laughed pretty hard, but it sounds about right. :)
Smart hubby.
He's a keeper.
My hubby's eyes glaze over when I start with "Know what them cunts said/did today ? " I thought I could indoctrinate him , but no luck at all.

Well tonight I've been distracted by Katie Price getting beaten up by a mysterious 32 yr old bloke in her house.:eek: Who could it be?
So she sold a story to the Sun within 24 hrs. Attagirl pwicey, stay classy.

Watch and learn Smeggy. Pwicey has been invading our privacy for years with her trawls (trolls) complaints, haterz, mad fans, selling her used knickers:sick:,sex addict/cross-dressing/only-fans-gay husbands/partners. Now she's added DV to her tragic life experiences.
Now ... maybe Cole someone bopped her, maybe he didn't(she's not pressing charges), but the bleeding lip is from cold sores acquired on her recent maldives holiday and the bruise looks suspiciously like make up and there has been a rumour that a bad story about her is due to hit the press so we have been watching out for distraction/sympathy tactics coming into play. Damage control? Pity party? Like I said, watch and learn Smeggy.
Blagging, freeloading, scamming, kiss&tells, lies, manipulation ... Pwicey leads the way, others follow.

• Haha
  • Wow

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I always thought that the marriage wouldn't last long and that she would grab the money cut and run after a couple of years, but now I'm not so sure.

It won't be easy for her to get a new partner with sufficiently high social standing to suit her, an ordinary bloke wont ever be considered. She would only leave him for someone who can offer her more in terms of money and a climb up the ladder, so unlikely to happen now.

Also I don't think that either of them will want to lose face. Even if the marriage is dead and they sleep in separate rooms they'll put on a united front because they think that the world is against them. They might already be miserable together but something big will have to happen to prise them apart publicly. There have already been rumours that they don't live together which may or may not be true. Hazno might have an affair which would end it and then Smeggy could be an eternal victim 🤔

If they ever do split I don't think that Hazno will come back to the UK either. He's too proud and too immersed in his childish victimhood narrative thinking his family are cunts to come crawling back to the royal family like a dog with his tail between his legs. He would only return to truffle snout for money now and never for family because he obviously doesn't give a shit about them.

View attachment 726535
I get a weird sense of satisfaction that they might end up having to be stuck with each other as they can't have a career without the other but they also hate and dispise the other too and are generally miserable. Would be perfect karma.

• Haha
  • Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
May I add to the recap:

We're ambivalent on big kangaroos
The pamphlet epilogue is shit
Hazza went solo, playing polo

Thank you to @Cassandra333 for getting it going (🐻) and nice one @50sGirl for the thread title!

Let's see what this shiny new thread brings us, let's face it, anything can happen here and we love it :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
What next?

Did mybit today, found some benčhes, now turned backwards with beutiful rainbow book in front. Marked down to au$19.99. How could anyone pay that much.
However, due to the pandemic and widespread distaste among the LA elite for the way Meghan and her husband, Prince Harry, have publicly dissed the royal family, it hasn’t quite been the glorious homecoming she envisaged.”

And yet they keep on digging that hole, still attacking the RF. If they don’t understand that’s what lost them support they are unbelievably badly advised.

• Heart
Clemmie Moodie in The Sun today:

"In its first five days, the original Finding Freedom sold 31,000 copies. By comparison, E. L. James’ Fifty Shades Of Grey sequel sold more than 750,000.

Arguably both were works of fiction — albeit, one with a bit more shagging and handcuffs.

In some ways, I feel bad for continuing to write about the couple.

A pair so desperate to stay under the radar, they did an interview with Oprah, the world’s most famous chat show host.

A duo so desperate for a quiet life, they recorded never-ending podcasts from their £11million Californian mansion.

Two people so desperate to fade into obscurity, they signed a £112milion deal with Netflix.

And then a subsequent deal with Spotify, the planet’s biggest music behemoth, to ensure those short of sight could, at least, still hear them.

But perhaps now we know why.

This weekend, an award-winning documentary maker, with ties to the Royal Family, claimed Harry and Meghan risk fading into obscurity.

Nick Bullen, CEO of True Royalty TV, drew comparisons between Harry and his great-great-uncle, Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936, and went on to pen a tell-all autobiography years later.

After all, privacy-loving Harry recently announced — without a trace of irony — that he was “writing” a tell-all memoir. (No one, I’m sure, more shocked than his English teacher at £40k-a-year Eton.)"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS I have no idea why my laughing faces are rolling around like that. Completely pissing themselves at the gruesome twosome, I guess

ETA Should def have included the link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16007983/finding-freedom-from-meghan-harry/

• Haha
  • Heart

Nuttynana

VIP Member
Hmm.....

'the epilogue claims that Harry and Meghan had a low-key celebration for their second wedding anniversary last May, when lockdown restrictions were still in place in California. Instead of going out, the couple chose to spend the day remembering their 2018 nuptials with people who had been involved in the ceremony, and concluded the festivities with a Mexican takeaway from a local restaurant. They also exchanged cotton-based gifts, as is traditional for second wedding anniversaries.'

And how on earth would you know any if that unless you were briefed by them?
Cotton based, she probably had an extra large Tampax made to shove up the Ginger Cockerels jacksey while she shagged the Mexican delivery man.

• Haha
  • Heart