Harry and Meghan #109 PWB is going bonkers - his wife is holding both his conkers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am reading the Tom Bower book on Charles.
I am noticing a lot of similarities in the behaviour of Charles then and Harry now.
Charles said of his brother, "Andrew wanted to be me. I should have let him work with me. Now he's unhelpful."

Charles is described as having been nurtured to believe in his superiority, intolerant of criticism and refuses to accept blame. Over eager to find fault with others, especially his parents.

He has everything done for him. Clothes laid out, bath drawn every morning. His every whim pandered to.

His relationship with his private secretaries was always fractious. Lots of resignations.

When he and Camilla stayed at Chatsworth he was submissive to Camilla.
He demands loyalty. Anyone disloyal gets fired.
When at a meeting with his parents discussing preparations for one of the Queen's jubilees, Charles wanted to reduce the number of family members on the balcony. "His particular targets were Beatrice and Eugenie."He criticised the "commercial activities" of his two brothers.The meeting ended in discord.

He is vengeful.

He hates being asked for money. He thinks when people work on things for him they should do it for free (presumably because he thinks they should be honoured to work with him.)

That's all so far.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I know this isn't popular and I wouldn't dare say it on twatter or MN, but why should Andrew's be taken away - genuinely why?

Whatever we all may personally think of him he has officially not done "anything illegal" (age of consent is 16 in this Country), he hasn't been charged with anything, he's not a suspect, and no formal complaints have been put in about him (FBI just want to talk to him about crimes of others).

Yes, he's a bit of a nob, but in the 80s he was known as Randy Andy the press thought this was great, and young women were flinging themselves at him to have their 5 mins of fame and they probably asked the likes of Ms Maxwell to get an introduction! By today's standards this is not acceptable (even though girls still fling themselves at rich young men and always will!). But we can't change the laws nowadys and charge someone for something that wasn't illegal when it was done.

So, whilst I don't like PA I cannot see why he deserves to have his titles taken off him him. He's happy to do his duty, to support and serve the Queen, to work as a Royal and he hasn't publicly slagged off his family! I think what they've done to PA is right in terms of 'punishment'.

...I did say this was unpopular 😳
I kind of agree with you. My understanding is that the FBI needs to talk to him as a witness so he hasn't actually been accused of anything (although what he did was still gross tbh, just not illegal in the UK). He never should have done the Panorama interview since it made him look extremely bad and made him look suspicious (and he actually thought it went well 🤦‍♀️). I still think he needs to talk to the FBI though just to put this whole issue to bed once and for all.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone else know anything about there being other very high profile people who were also involved with Epstein? I heard some famous names being mentioned so why are they only focusing on Andrew?

If Andrew's title is removed, does it affect Beatrice and Eugenie? They'd still be princesses since they're granddaughters of the Queen, right?

Once Prince Charles becomes King, Andrew becomes pretty irrelevant anyway. Harry, on the other hand, won't since he'll be a son of the monarch.

Reactions: 17
Scooby (a Caucasian man who seems to think he's oppressed 🙄) is race baiting again with The Guardian. I can't read the article because its behind a paywall.
Is anyone able to read it?
Screenshot_20210603-112519_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Surely it would be better to just make more programs about people of colour and their history than trying to get more diversity on screen by POC playing white parts.
It's inverted racism.
There are fascinating stories and tv script potential from around the world. You wouldn't want a story about an African Queen played by a white actress.

But maybe I'm intolerant I even hate it when Americans play Brits and vice versa 🤣
OMG- Thank you! I thought I was the only one - At times it really ruins whatever you are watching too!

Reactions: 19
I am noticing a lot of similarities in the behaviour of Charles then and Harry now.
Charles said of his brother, "Andrew wanted to be me. I should have let him work with me. Now he's unhelpful."

Charles is described as having been nurtured to believe in his superiority, intolerant of criticism and refuses to accept blame. Over eager to find fault with others, especially his parents.

He has everything done for him. Clothes laid out, bath drawn every morning. His every whim pandered to.

His relationship with his private secretaries was always fractious. Lots of resignations.

When at a meeting with his parents discussing preparations for one of the Queen's jubilees, Charles wanted to reduce the number of family members on the balcony. "His particular targets were Beatrice and Eugenie."He criticised the "commercial activities" of his two brothers.The meeting ended in discord.

He is vengeful.

He hates being asked for money. He thinks when people work on things for him they should do it for free (presumably because he thinks they should be honoured to work with him.)

That's all so far.
Sounds promising in that he’ll never forgive his brat of a Son and his ambitious lying Wife.

Reactions: 25
I wonder if the 4 day bank holiday was already planned, or if it's only just been decided, what better way to get the public onside than by announcing 4 days off work.
Its been talked about for ages and was announced a while back, maybe just not confirmed what days butbthe four day weekend for the jubilee has definitely been known since at least last year

Reactions: 11
I know this isn't popular and I wouldn't dare say it on twatter or MN, but why should Andrew's be taken away - genuinely why?

Whatever we all may personally think of him he has officially not done "anything illegal" (age of consent is 16 in this Country), he hasn't been charged with anything, he's not a suspect, and no formal complaints have been put in about him (FBI just want to talk to him about crimes of others).

Yes, he's a bit of a nob, but in the 80s he was known as Randy Andy the press thought this was great, and young women were flinging themselves at him to have their 5 mins of fame and they probably asked the likes of Ms Maxwell to get an introduction! By today's standards this is not acceptable (even though girls still fling themselves at rich young men and always will!). But we can't change the laws nowadys and charge someone for something that wasn't illegal when it was done.

So, whilst I don't like PA I cannot see why he deserves to have his titles taken off him him. He's happy to do his duty, to support and serve the Queen, to work as a Royal and he hasn't publicly slagged off his family! I think what they've done to PA is right in terms of 'punishment'.

...I did say this was unpopular 😳
100% agree with you. The laws says innocent until proven guilty.

I also think the police should not be able to release the names of people they are wanting to speak to or even have charged. Charged does not equate to conviction and it is not for the police to state whether someone is guilty or not, that is for the courts.

In this day and age of cancel culture, trial by media and especially social media the accused should be kept anonymous until found guilty. The police are ruining people's lives and they are only researchers when it comes to crimes, not the jury.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don’t believe that No6 and his Wife would want to try to come back here for next year’s celebrations.

The public hate them, imagine the booing😁😁 and picture the family having a mid afternoon Dubonnet and Gin and sausage roll then they walk in , nah , won’t happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I kind of agree with you. My understanding is that the FBI needs to talk to him as a witness so he hasn't actually been accused of anything (although what he did was still gross tbh, just not illegal in the UK). He never should have done the Panorama interview since it made him look extremely bad and made him look suspicious (and he actually thought it went well 🤦‍♀️). I still think he needs to talk to the FBI though just to put this whole issue to bed once and for all.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone else know anything about there being other very high profile people who were also involved with Epstein? I heard some famous names being mentioned so why are they only focusing on Andrew?

If Andrew's title is removed, does it affect Beatrice and Eugenie? They'd still be princesses since they're granddaughters of the Queen, right?

Once Prince Charles becomes King, Andrew becomes pretty irrelevant anyway. Harry, on the other hand, won't since he'll be a son of the monarch.
BIB - If he had sexual relations with the woman in question, it was illegal in the UK because she was trafficked. That she was of age has nothing to do with it. Considering how close to Epstein he was, he should have known she was trafficked.
But it isn't just the situation with Epstein, it's also his actions whilst being an Envoy for the UK. Lots of concerning stuff happened then.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
BIB - If he had sexual relations with the woman in question, it was illegal in the UK because she was trafficked. That she was of age has nothing to do with it. Considering how close to Epstein he was, he should have known she was trafficked.
But it isn't just the situation with Epstein, it's also his actions whilst being an Envoy for the UK. Lots of concerning stuff happened then.
Yikes! I didn't know that. That really is concerning.

Reactions: 7
Scooby (a Caucasian man who seems to think he's oppressed 🙄) is race baiting again with The Guardian. I can't read the article because its behind a paywall.
Is anyone able to read it?
View attachment 601162
I read the article yesterday - in the 60s the palace had asked to be excluded from some race and sex equalities legislation. They wanted the same exclusion as the diplomatic service which didn’t hire anyone resident in the uk for less than 5 years. It was to keep the palace out of potentially being sued under discrimination law. It was during the civil rights movement and windrush and now is being seen as motivated by racism. (Which it partly was - also sexism as women didn’t get any senior positions). Again everyone is forgetting how much things have changed since then.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Sounds promising in that he’ll never forgive his brat of a Son and his ambitious lying Wife.
That's just what I was thinking.
Harry kept asking for more money and has been disloyal.

Also from the book so far it is clear Charles had a heck of a battle to get Camilla accepted. (I knew that already because I remember all the news at the time.)

Harry said he was treated how his father had been treated and he needed to "break the chain" - but didn't Charles and the Queen already break the chain by allowing Harry and Meghan to marry despite her past and her character?

Charles knew what it was like to want to marry a woman that the family had concerns about and did not put any obstacles in Harry's way.

Chain broken right there.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
This is interesting. Wifey has never given instructions on how to have the best childbirth, which is odd considering she lectures on everything else. Gives more evidence to the surrogacy theory imo. And now here's Catherine, talking about her birthing stories. Is she throwing shade? Or is it a big hint? :LOL: More importantly how will wifey respond?
https://uk.yahoo.com/style/duchess-kates-birth-stories-her-110056765.html
Wow, a personal and dare İ say authentic account of her experiences. And a 23-strong medical team standing by. İ agree that the silence and lies (Penny Bradford/home birth/Portland blah bah blah) tends to support a birth that was not of Smeggy's body.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What about divorces ? If they're Princesses in their own right then would it not take an Act of Parliament to remove that ? We could have Princess Sarah Ferguson and Princess Meghan Markle forever. Could make it an even bigger attraction to the social penis ladder climbers, and surely Parliament should be dealing with more important stuff than Royal family spats ?

The monarchy should be "modernised" only very sparingly. Make it too "modern" and they'll lose all the interesting little knick-knacks, mystique, and quite frankly privilege that make it interesting.

Edit : Also, just a thought, nobody is forcing these things on them. Anne's husband is so self-effacing I only relearned his name for PP's funeral, and have promptly forgotten it again. IIRC though, he refused any stylings offered to him and just goes by his RN rank ?
Princess Anne’s husband is a really good guy. One of my friend’s worked for him at the MOD. There’s no airs and graces and he’s the first to poke fun at himself re his domestic situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve never been a believer of the surrogate theory just because I can’t imagine the level of deceit required to pull it off if they weren’t being upfront plus she did look chunkier when she returned to the public eye after Archie was born.

However I do agree the lack of preaching from her regarding pregnancy and birth does set my spidey sense tingling.

Smeg will be mad

I hope there’s a photocall with Katherine looking stunning , stood next to Joe.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

He is vengeful.

That's all so far.
What is it with the heir and spare, no matter what generation? Don't get me wrong I would hate to have been born royal, your life is not your own, but I would rather be the spare than the heir.

There is so much weight on the shoulders of the heir and everything they do is under such close scrutiny. At least the spare has a bit more freedom while still enjoying the privileges that comes with being royal.

Haz, Andrew and Margaret have all been rebels ..... all of them thinking they are better than they actually were/are. Perhaps it was their upbringing or resentment at not being born first and being 'ruler over all they survey' that they couldn't get to grips with. The only person who has truly got to grips with her position, and she knew she would never be queen so that may have helped, is Anne. She gets on with the job asked of her, works harder than any of the others, and keeps her private time private. It's a pity the other lot could not follow her example instead of being such an embarrassment to the RF.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I read the article yesterday - in the 60s the palace had asked to be excluded from some race and sex equalities legislation. They wanted the same exclusion as the diplomatic service which didn’t hire anyone resident in the uk for less than 5 years. It was to keep the palace out of potentially being sued under discrimination law. It was during the civil rights movement and windrush and now is being seen as motivated by racism. (Which it partly was - also sexism as women didn’t get any senior positions). Again everyone is forgetting how much things have changed since then.
That bloody race baiter Shola woman has also piped up today! I can’t stand her

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.