Happy Valley #3 The Catherine Cawood Appreciation Society

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen that The Bay is back on ITV next month, that’s also worth a watch. Previous series will be on the ITV app thingy.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just seen that The Bay is back on ITV next month, that’s also worth a watch. Previous series will be on the ITV app thingy.
Is it the same lady that was in series 3? The first 2 series were good but I didn’t think much of series 3

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know if there is an Unforgotten thread? I've searched and can't see one, but I could be missing it. Don't want to take this thread off tangent too much by discussing it!!

We’ve apparently watched this, my Husband said it was very good but I don’t remember watching it ! So as it’s James Norton, mostly in a suit, I’ll do the honourable thing & rewatch it.
Ooh it was really good. He's such a great actor. I watched it with my husband when it first came out and we both enjoyed it.
---
To whoever recommended Last Tango in Halifax back on the Happy Valley thread, so glad you did because I'm loving it. Sarah L is an amazing actress - Caroline is so entirely different to Catherine Cawood that you forget her other roles when watching her. That is the sign of a good actor, you are drawn in and forget you're watching an actor. She is so attractive in LTIH too! Lol. Anne Reid is wonderful in it, I'm entirely hooked. Almost through the first season.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ooh it was really good. He's such a great actor. I watched it with my husband when it first came out and we both enjoyed it.
---
To whoever recommended Last Tango in Halifax back on the Happy Valley thread, so glad you did because I'm loving it. Sarah L is an amazing actress - Caroline is so entirely different to Catherine Cawood that you forget her other roles when watching her. That is the sign of a good actor, you are drawn in and forget you're watching an actor. She is so attractive in LTIH too! Lol. Anne Reid is wonderful in it, I'm entirely hooked. Almost through the first season.
I'm just onto the 2nd season of my first watch of LTIH and Gillian is really doing my head in , making so many bad choices 😆 I have been enjoying it though

I'm just onto the 2nd season of my first watch of LTIH and Gillian is really doing my head in , making so many bad choices 😆 I have been enjoying it though
Gillian is the definition of a mess. It's just always bad choices.

Reactions: 3
Oh I know, she's sweet but a bit of a muppet 😂 I was hoping in the second series she might have stopped making bad choices! She seems such a lost soul.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Screenshot_20230308-213143_Google.jpg

I miss you Catherine Cawood 😭😭 watching the new series of The Bay and the farmer from series one Happy Valley is in it , bringing all the memories back

( I am enjoying The Bay though)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 2014463

I miss you Catherine Cawood 😭😭 watching the new series of The Bay and the farmer from series one Happy Valley is in it , bringing all the memories back

( I am enjoying The Bay though)
I really liked the first series of The Bay, but couldn't get into it with the new lead character unfortunately. Is it worth sticking with?

I really liked the first series of The Bay, but couldn't get into it with the new lead character unfortunately. Is it worth sticking with?
I watched series 3 and thought she warmed up a bit by the end. I've just started series 4 and coming off the back of recently watching Happy Valley and Unforgotten this feels so wooden and poorly scripted in comparison.

Reactions: 2
I watched series 3 and thought she warmed up a bit by the end. I've just started series 4 and coming off the back of recently watching Happy Valley and Unforgotten this feels so wooden and poorly scripted in comparison.
Nothing compares to HV and Unforgotten unfortunately. We need another really good series, and quickly! I'm just watching repeats of shows at the moment as nothing else is keeping my attention

Reactions: 1