Happy Valley #3 The Catherine Cawood Appreciation Society

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked the first series of The Bay, but couldn't get into it with the new lead character unfortunately. Is it worth sticking with?
As others have said its not a patch on Happy Valley but its ok. I wouldn't say you're missing out but I quite enjoy it

Reactions: 1
Whilst not a local as someone familiar with the area I think The Bay really suffers from the widely mocked dodgy accents and locations, it's not the most important thing in Happy Valley but it definitely helps (I know Sheffield was 'wrong' in series 3).

Whilst not a local as someone familiar with the area I think The Bay really suffers from the widely mocked dodgy accents and locations, it's not the most important thing in Happy Valley but it definitely helps (I know Sheffield was 'wrong' in series 3).
I find that with Nicola Walker on last tango , she talks in her usual accent with a slight hint of Yorkshire every now and then , I know not everyone has a thick accent of where they live but still isn't authentic enough for me 😅

Guys the Luther movie is a must watch! Whether you’ve watched all of the series or not, it doesn’t matter! Was sooooo good

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not sure if this is the right thread. Maybe we need one for drama reccomendations? Unless there is one...? But anyway

I would also reccomend Mare of East town and Your Honor (both American) but really good. Series 2 of Your Honor has just come out

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this is the right thread. Maybe we need one for drama reccomendations? Unless there is one...? But anyway

I would also reccomend Mare of East town and Your Honor (both American) but really good. Series 2 of Your Honor has just come out
Totally agree, the episodes of series 2 of Your Honour are dropping weekly, also Ozark is very good, again American nothing like the wonderful Catherine Cawood though

• Heart
Finished Last Tango the other day. What a brilliant series. I loved the nod to Happy Valley/Catherine Cawood that Sally Wainwright made in one of the final episodes when Cheryl (policewoman) said to Gillian: "you're lucky it's me here and not Sergeant Cawood" i.e. she takes no crap! That really made me smile. Wish SW would do another series.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just finished S3 (after binge watching 1-2 as a refresher). The acting throughout is sublime. What a rollercoaster watch. Absolutely loved it.

Reactions: 6
I’m listening to the shrine podcast now that I’ve watched all of Happy Valley, I’m loving hearing all the theories about what’s gonna happen now that I know what happened lol

After finishing S3 last weekend and then since watched The Gold we are now a little lost. How about Sherwood, can anyone recommend?