Happy Valley #3 The Catherine Cawood Appreciation Society

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Originally started off as all things Happy Valley related, but now also contains TV recommendations to fill the HV shaped hole in our Sunday nights!

Previous thread 👇

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love the title 🤣

I was going to ask in the other thread, has anyone seen McMafia with James Norton? I’ve never watched it but saw it was on UKTV play when i was browsing.

Reactions: 2
Having serious Happy Valley withdrawals. Have been trying to fill the void with other police/crime dramas but they don't compare at all (e.g the light in the hallway - really having to force myself to get to the end). Looking forward to seeing what other people recommend as I am in desperate need of some good TV!

• Heart
I love the title 🤣

I was going to ask in the other thread, has anyone seen McMafia with James Norton? I’ve never watched it but saw it was on UKTV play when i was browsing.
We’ve apparently watched this, my Husband said it was very good but I don’t remember watching it ! So as it’s James Norton, mostly in a suit, I’ll do the honourable thing & rewatch it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Having serious Happy Valley withdrawals. Have been trying to fill the void with other police/crime dramas but they don't compare at all (e.g the light in the hallway - really having to force myself to get to the end). Looking forward to seeing what other people recommend as I am in desperate need of some good TV!
The only one that has stuck in my mind as being pretty decent in recent years is Unforgotten on ITV but that's been around a while now so you've probably seen it?

Reactions: 8
I love the title 🤣

Just the name 'McMafia' irritates the hell out of me, I can't bring myself to watch it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know someone who has just started Happy Valley and I'm so jealous 😂 I want to wipe it from my memory and start again

Reactions: 11
The only one that has stuck in my mind as being pretty decent in recent years is Unforgotten on ITV but that's been around a while now so you've probably seen it?
I have indeed. It’s such a good show. Isn’t it meant to be coming back soon? It won’t be the same without Cassie Stuart 💔💔 maybe I’ll have to rewatch it

Unforgotten is coming back soon.... have we already had a series with this actress? Or has she been in something else lately? (not little boy blue)

Screenshot_20230214-191208_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230214-191217_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Ooo I like Unforgotten and hadn’t realised that was back, thanks for the heads up!

Did anyone watch the new bbc crime drama Better? Just watched the first episode. It was okay, not particular warmed to the lead character but I suppose one episode in I can’t be too critical. Didn’t blow me away though.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone watch the new bbc crime drama Better? Just watched the first episode. It was okay, not particular warmed to the lead character but I suppose one episode in I can’t be too critical. Didn’t blow me away though.
I didn't really like it much - the main character was a bit bland and expressionless. I guess that was the vibe they were going for but it just made it all a bit unconvincing for me

There was a new drama Jason Manford said was his wifes , not sure if he meant she is an actress , writer, director or what? But I think that might be the same one

I’ve just seen that Unforgotten is back on Monday 27th February 9pm. Currently watching Better and agree with others, main character is a bit meh and it’s just a ok drama, but I’ll end up watching them all and feeling like I’ve wasted a few hours of my life! Possibly a mistake by the BBC putting another northern drama on so soon after Happy Valley (I am northern btw!)

Reactions: 5
I’m a bit late to it but started watching Bloodlands last night. It’s really good! Would recommend if anyone’s looking for something to binge