Happy Valley #3 The Catherine Cawood Appreciation Society

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Managed to avoid all spoilers and just binge watched the last series. Heaps of loose ends but ultimately it was a satisfactory ending.
I felt sorry for TLR in the end 🙈 he went into Catherine’s house wanting revenge but when he seen Ryan’s room and the photo album the penny dropped that both he and Ryan are products of their environments. I think that’s when he decided to end it all, he knew he could never be capable of giving Ryan the same life Catherine did. Then the symbolism of him on fire = burning in hell. Beautifully done 👏

Reactions: 8
Well I could be wrong but it probably doesn't take a genius to figure out the fate of the lead character in Unforgotten, based on a couple of things openly mentioned here. 🙄

(I've always dodged Tattle's Unforgotten thread...just never got around to watching the show but always intended to, so I'm still trying to dodge spoilers despite it being a relatively old programme...only came here for the HV chat!)

Anyway...Just finished HV last night after re-watching S1 & S2 first to refresh my memory.

What a masterpiece of a show. What a ride! And as for Catherine Cawood...well doesn't everyone need a "Catherine" in their corner?! (If anyone knows where I could find one, I realise I'm joining the back of a very long queue!!!) I bloody love her though. By the end I even came to strangely admire her weird bold decor choices, especially those ugly unusual green & red cupboards! 😂

I was very satisfied with the ending, despite feeling aggrieved at feeling some sympathy towards TLR as he sat in Catherine's chair (whilst at the same time anxiously thinking "I hope he doesn't get blood on those photos...what if they don't have copies?!" etc etc 😬)

Sorry if already discussed but one thing I didn't really like was the way Richard was hell bent on pursuing the notorious gangsters. Based on what we knew of his character it just jarred with me....

...Was it because he desperately wanted to enter Catherine's world? Did he want kudos from her or from the kind of people who held her in such high regard? Was he simply just desperate to find a journalistic scoop after his redundancy? Was he after a distraction or thrill because his home life was in tatters? Why?!!!

With all the danger and nasty business they'd been exposed to you'd expect him to steer clear of dangerous criminals, even if there was a great story in it. After him running a mile from bad situations in the past it just didn't seem like him but I guess that was probably the point. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Oops sorry I did put a spoiler on about an ending to a storyline of Unforgotten but unfortunately things do get discussed about old shows on all sorts of threads so it's easy to slip up sometimes 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did any of you guys watch Better on BBC? I finished it last night. I feel like I wasted five hours 🤣
Me too! I’m so sick of wasting my time watching shite TV 😭
We’ve started to rewatch Luther before the film is out next month. Honestly, I would climb Idris Elba like a bloody tree !!:love::love:

Reactions: 6
I’ve never got into Luther, is it worth finding then? Guessing it’ll be on iPlayer

Reactions: 2
We’ve started to rewatch Luther before the film is out next month. Honestly, I would climb Idris Elba like a bloody tree !!:love::love:
Im so excited for the Luther film!! Defo one of my favourite shows. Idris Elba is perfectly cast.
---
I’ve never got into Luther, is it worth finding then? Guessing it’ll be on iPlayer
Its brilliant! Some quite dark and scary moments too. Yes it’s all on iPlayer
---
I’m half way through but can’t be bothered to watch anymore.
honestly it was a struggle. I felt like I had to finish it but I was hugely disappointed with the last episode. Didn’t feel any connection with a single character either and if it’s lacking that then it’s kind of pointless.

There's a drama on itv x I've just seen advertise called the twelve, about a jury I think. Anyone got any reviews on it without spoiling it might give it ago

Other good BBC dramas I've remembered about that I would reccomend

'Vigil' with Surrane Jones - about a Police Officer who goes on board a Navy ship , a few familiar faces on there

Another one is 'Life' about a small block of flats and a different story about each resident - again a few familiar faces in that too and really good

There's a drama on itv x I've just seen advertise called the twelve, about a jury I think. Anyone got any reviews on it without spoiling it might give it ago

Other good BBC dramas I've remembered about that I would reccomend

'Vigil' with Surrane Jones - about a Police Officer who goes on board a Navy ship , a few familiar faces on there

Another one is 'Life' about a small block of flats and a different story about each resident - again a few familiar faces in that too and really good
I really enjoyed Life ! I second that as a good watch.

• Heart
Omg is it out next month

I wasted 4 hours of my lift yesterday on The Catch - it was so bad I had to stick it out to the end

Go watch- even just for Idris 💖 he's amazing

Y’all Luther is out on Friday at selected cinemas before it comes on Netflix next month! I’m hoping to see it this weekend🤞🏻

Slowly making my way through last tango in Halifax, it's such a feel good show to watch when you're feeling crappy mentally. On to series 2 now.

Reactions: 5
I’m having a little pilgrimage to Hebden Bridge this weekend 🤣 anyone been and got any recommendations?

Reactions: 3
Friend visited Shrewsbury prison last week and they had the cell TLR filmed boys scenes in !!

• Wow
I recommended HV to my 16 yr old as she's interested in joining the police. She's just finished it and we had a good conversation about why she felt sorry for Tommy at the end and how someone can be a product of their environment but also a terrible person who doesn't take responsibility for their actions.

HV can be an educational learning opportunity as well as entertainment 😆. And she's just started watching it all over again 🙌

Reactions: 3