Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalandinmyhead

Yes agree, nothing wrong with how she talks but she’s definitely not posh.
Especially the way she says thing that end with an R, like water she pronounces war-tar and later like lay-tar. Sorry just a bug bear for me, don’t come @ me 🙈
I’m from the midlands and I think she’s posh but I guess everyone is different! Not sure what you mean about her saying water. She says war-tar…. Whereas I say worrr arrrr. I like her however she says it.

Reactions: 5

whatsever you

VIP Member
I think hannah is paying to promote her channel. Was just round at my friends and her YouTube was up on her tv, all her YouTube videos are about finance (nothing to do with london) and on every section of her YouTube Hannah’s video was first and being advertised.
So this isn’t just a hobby. She’s fame hungry now!

• Wow

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
She's a Lisencing Sales Manager. Hopefully, that's not more than she wants out there. It doesn't give too much insight into the job anyway!

Agree it would be close to 6 figures for sure and in USA probably 50% more. Salaries over there for professional jobs are crazy.

Her dad is probably on a very good salary/pension as we would have got in before they eroded airline salaries. Last time BA was striking they said that back in the 1990s a captain topped out on 200K+ and a new pilot started at 60K but now the salary scale taps out much lower and new recruits have much lower salaries though property in London is more expensive than ever. I can see how we would be in a position to help her with a deposit/downpayment.

The problem I've always had as a single person with a decent wage is that my rent is more than a mortgage would be on a nice home but I can only borrow X times my salary. So I would need a downpayment of probably 150,000 to get a mortgage on a 1 bed in Hannah's area. I could never save that because I am paying 1,500 rent every month. If I had a parents who could give me 60-70,000 I'd be on the property ladder. If they could have given me that at 25 I would have over 200K paid off a mortgage but instead I've given it to a landlord 😭

Love Hannah though, she has her head screwed on, seems like a nice person and makes good content.

• Heart

greeneggmagic

On her recent Q&A someone asked if her rented her flat or if she paid a mortgage….She said it was neither, that she’s ‘squatting’. By that I’m guessing she means it’s a family members, possibly her Dads, and she’s living there for free.
I think she was making a joke with that post, which was quite funny. I’m not sure. But she’s mentioned before her interesting in selling and moving in previous q&a and moving to hampsted. I think it’s hers. She was a buying manager at John Lewis, or something like that when I found her linkin, but now private I assume. She’s clearly much higher senior these days too.
I really hope she does a vlogmas, it’s such a contrast to our life in the midlands. Love seeing the shops and treats in London Town. Not the beauty and fashion things though, not for me.

Shalimar

I can't comment on her accent because to me she just speaks wery clear English, wich is good for us non native speakers (y)

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I had gone off Hannah for a while but started watching again and I enjoy her content as a bit of fun and mindless background noise (while cooking). I don’t live in London (or the UK) anymore and while I didn’t go to those places she shows very often, or at all tbh, it’s kind of fun :)

• Heart

passporttophd

you are kidding right? I think you need to get a life. She always films respectfully and never does anything wrong. She just said she wasn’t sure. I’m sure you’re happy to watch her free content and then come on here and moan.

if you don’t like her, don’t watch it. Her vlogs are fantastic and probably the best vlogmas out there. They have really helped us in lockdown outside of the UK

Also you clearly haven’t watched many of her vlogs. She without a doubt doesn’t do YouTube for the money, she’s minted and does it for fun.
Wow, that’s a lot of anger towards an innocuous post. There’s a better way to respond without getting downright hostile, especially on a “rave” thread. I prefaced my post saying that I enjoy her content. I had a valid question and added it here; there wasn’t any reason to start another Hannah thread because overall, we’re all fans of her vlogs. This website is after all called Tattle and others have voiced their minor complaints about her here.

Maybe I should have also included what I did enjoy about the F&M blog, but I do appreciate the effort she makes when filming everything and editing.

Last edited:

julylyly

I've just discovered Hannah's Disney vlogs (and her other vlogs). I really like her. I agree with the OP, she is so calming. I like how she is a solo traveler and like watching, with jealousy lol, her first class travels.
I also like how she doesn't seem to be too invasive with her vlogging. Some vloggers I watch film kinda loudly in the restaurants etc in WDW.

She definitely does have her head screwed on and doesn't take things for granted. Yes, she has a more affluent lifestyle than most of us but I enjoy that about her content! She is someone who has worked hard, and even if she did get help to get on to the property ladder why not? She isn't asking people for money and she is pretty upfront when she spends a lot of money on expensive products and will say if even she things something isn't worth the money. While she does spend a lot of the likes of Harrods food etc, she doesn't seem to massively overspend in other areas of her life and enjoys luxuries.

Mark81

VIP Member
I'm a fan of Hannah's vlogs, so it made me sad to see what she just posted on her IG stories. Her content is so light-hearted and non-controversial - she doesn't deserve those comments :(
Completely agree, this is one of the few times where 'they must be jealous' has to be right as I just can't see what there is to be annoyed at her about.

BlueLou

Chatty Member
Yes, completely agree with this. I don’t get why she’s doing these videos anymore, if you were vlogging your days or holidays fair enough as it’s a video diary, but she’s never gonna reminisce on these ‘cheapest food shop’ vlogs she does. That really isn’t a hobby….especially as you said, she’s begging for people to subscribe and like her videos on Instagram.
I liked her Disney videos, and understood why she was vlogging them but now I just don’t get it.
She seems to look down on Disney vloggers and Disney in general now, which is bizarre considering she now works for them 🙄

SomeoneLOLd

Chatty Member
She is definitely very well off and not completely off her own work!! I agree that she must have rich parents or inheritance or something
She lives in one of the poshest areas of london and her spending habits aren’t one of a regular person (she’s out dining in posh restaurants every other day)!
I guess that’s a huge privilege on her part and that’s why she can afford to criticise small businesses or not do lots of sponsored content
She doesn’t need it and in some ways that makes her content good and maybe more honest , but in some ways it makes her a bit unrelatable?

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
Have recently discovered Hannah’s channel and really enjoying the vlogs whilst waiting for work on my zero hour contract (😞). Love her cheery demeanour and London tour. Am curious (and nosy, not going to lie!) about how she sustains her seemingly fabulous life in London.
Afaik (not my business) she is single, but how did she buy this flat alone AND have such a great standard of living?
I may be projecting as money is v v tight for me atm, but even without the beautiful flat (ie even if it were a free home with no bills for example), I can’t imagine having the budget for shopping trips and meals out galore, new Jo Malone products regularly, seemingly endless hair and makeup budget, treats here there and everywhere etc etc.
Do any of you have this budget if you live alone (and if so, please tell me what job you do as I am considering retraining as I did a silly “Mickey Mouse” degree, apparently!).
Good on her though- living the life- it looks like she’s enjoying life to the max. This is honestly NOT a criticism and I will continue to enjoy her vlogs. About to start on the Disney ones!!
I also love her charcoal grey sofa; if anyone knows where she got it from?!
She must have family money.

Mark81

VIP Member
I've never had an issue with Hannah like some here, and think she is a nice enough person. But I have been tiring of her vlogs lately, I love a nose round shops now and again but thats all it is. I found her via her travel vlogs and yesterday's post pretty mu h confirms what I'd suspected, he whole channel had moved away from that. I'd already stopped watching every vlog, but now may unsubsribe as looks like its going to be a shopping channel

Screenshot_20230323_132534_Instagram.jpg

Ellie666

Shame as i liked her style and admittedly the London vlogs were interesting at first, even though i live in London!
But she has become way too repetitive and is clearly aiming at the international market now

whatsever you

VIP Member
She did show her friends go to afternoon tea recently, and that was an eye opener as they looked far more interesting than her. I gave her a few credit points for having friends you wouldn't expect her to have. :LOL:
Yeah but they’re all Disney vloggers. I wanna see who she actually hangs out with. Or maybe she’s a bit of a lone wolf?