Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Do you guys actually watch her london stuff? And if so why? I follow her for her Disney world content, but really not interested in her new videos so really surprised how she gets the views!
She did just treat herself to some big diamond earrings so guessing that was from YouTube!
I'm British and follow her. I like her and i like (most) of her videos. London is always an interesting city and the shopping ones are an easy way to window shop witnout having to actually do it. Plus sometimes its just an easy watch for 30 minutes. She doesnt come across like most youtubers on camera, she is quite calm and also quite funny and not too squealy girly. I like her honesty and lack of sponsored posts, she doesnt take herself too seriously, and calls people out sometimes. Also I find the few vloggers she does interact with (thisnatasha, lrdreaming, suitcasemonkey) a good sign, rather than the Adam hattans of the world

Reactions: 14

Delilah13

To be honest, I like Hannah and think she's just capitalising on the growth of her YouTube channel. I would do the same honestly.

It can start out as a hobby (and usually does for many YouTubers) but then they realise they can make decent money from it and capitalise on that.

She's at 100k or almost 100k subs, right? Also, maybe her job doesn't bring her as much satisfaction as it once did and she is exploring the option of YouTube as a second
(maybe main income) right now.
I like Hannah too, and this was a rave thread when I joined? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

BlueLou

Chatty Member
Do you guys actually watch her london stuff? And if so why? I follow her for her Disney world content, but really not interested in her new videos so really surprised how she gets the views!
She did just treat herself to some big diamond earrings so guessing that was from YouTube!
I find her new stuff is awful. Boring repetitive London stuff that I have zero interest in. There’s only so many times you can have a tour of the Harrods food court 🙄

Reactions: 10
I feel the need to repost on here again. Hannahs vlogmas has just been next level. Her humour, way of presenting, personality, eye for things and overall style is like nothing else on YouTube. I really wish her all the success, it makes me almost sad she isn’t more noticed. Merry Christmas to you all on here 🎅

dizmal

I just took that as she means there are so many things there that she likes. She is fairly frugal in many ways and I still think she is down to earth.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I don't think anybody here dislikes her from what I've read. I actually like her content, and she comes across well on camera. Literally the only female vlogger I have watched. As a guy, I don't normally watch stuff like that.

But I just searched up tours of Harrods and her videos came up, so thought I'd check her channel out. I started watching her various vlogmas videos and enjoyed them. You won't hear a bad word from me about her.

BlueLou

Chatty Member
On her recent Q&A someone asked if her rented her flat or if she paid a mortgage….She said it was neither, that she’s ‘squatting’. By that I’m guessing she means it’s a family members, possibly her Dads, and she’s living there for free.

Her family is 100% well off, her Dad used to be a pilot and I think her Mum was also high up at British Airways before she passed away. That’s not to say that Hannah hasn’t worked hard, she clearly has so good on her for enjoying herself, I would be too!

Reactions: 9
First time hannah has annoyed me slightly, big James bond spoiler in today vlog in case anyone hasn't seen the movie yet
Not being funny but that film came out months ago now. I think if you haven’t seen it yet, you probably aren’t a Bond fan. It’s even on Prime now.

We loved the F&m vlog, felt the same amount of talking as usually. I love her chat. Will have to disagree with that negative comment about her. The filming was very clear and you can’t expect a longer vlog than that, probably took ages to film. I can’t imagine how hard it is to film in these places and it was 3 floors (hence why not many people do)

When you search F&m you get no other tours by anyone. I think moaning about her is quite unfair based on how good this videos are. It’s not even her job remember

I think she has mentioned before that clickbait titles and the posed shock faced thumbnails she does gets the most views so as much as she thinks they are cringe will keep doing them as they bring in the views.
Which is odd for someone who does this as a hobby, and has said she would never do this full time, take sponsors etc, why do you care if your videos do well or hit the algorithm?
That is my annoyance with her, she seems to say she doesn't care, and mocks other people who this is their full time job, but comes off looking just as desperate for views with clickbait and thumbnails.

Mark81

VIP Member
Agreed, the shopping isn’t for me either.

I’m curious to know why some people have such an issue with her? From what I’ve seen so far she seems pretty harmless. Is there something I’m missing?
I don't get the 'it's a cost of living crisis' 'read the room' reasoning either. Everyone is impacted in different ways, and her channel has always shown a spectrum of shopping. Expensive shops still exist and some can afford them, some can't and some just like being nosey. Also saying you could spend 1000s somewhere is quite a common saying, doesn't mean you will (or can afford to).

The whole point of influencers is selling aspirational lives, there's thousands of influencers ahead of Hannah who brag and show off their lifestyles.

BlueLou

Chatty Member
I like Hannah too, and this was a rave thread when I joined? 😂
I used to like Hannah too….but she’s now completely different to what she was like when she first started vlogging.

She’s stuck up, looks down her nose at people/things and let’s be honest her recent vlogs are boring rubbish….Are we seriously meant to believe that someone that loved running around Disney parks multiple times a year for 20+ years now gets their thrills from filming lumps of rock in a museum?? Ok Hannah 😂 If this was a one off vlog then fair enough but all of them are along the same boring lines now. She’s at the stage where she’ll film ANYTHING, she’s that desperate for views.

I can’t wait for the next instalment “Londons oldest teapot” 😴😴

• Haha

Charmed40

Chatty Member
Aww I love Hannah! I don't care how she's got her money. I love her vlogs and I think she's fab. Go come for me 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

greeneggmagic

Definitely not saying it’s ok , just pointing out that the reason she can say that publicly is because she is not struggling for money so maybe doesn’t understand the other side of it
So many people have small Disney businesses including some forum members here and I personally don’t think it’s that big of a deal!
I know of loads of small shops that literally relied on their Etsy sells to survive lockdowns and I think to bash them is unnecessary and comes from a place of privilege , that’s all
I agree that it is annoying when YouTubers like Yaz and Ash who also are privileged make money from lazy knock off disney merch but there are thousands of others who do it too and clearly Disney themselves don’t seem to mind
I disagree with this. So if someone has a good job they can’t copy things but if they are struggling they can? No one should be ripping off other peoples work. If they are surviving on Etsy sales, they need to find something else to sell then. It’s like singing someone else’s song and releasing it, but it’s ok if they are poor? No

Reactions: 8

lalalandinmyhead

I do enjoy watching Hannah’s vlogs, but it annoyed me when Hannah mentioned at the beginning of the F&M video that she thinks filming inside isn’t allowed or it’s discouraged, but proceeds to film anyway, resulting in the short shots. I LOVE F&M and especially miss it during the holidays, but if she knows that filming is frowned upon, why does she keep doing it? I know it’s for the YT $$, but why risk getting kicked out? It’s probably why there aren’t many video tours of F&M on YT.

She did mention running into a security guard, I think, who didn’t say any to her, so it’s also F&M’s fault for not enforcing their own rules (if indeed they have any regarding filming in their shop).
you are kidding right? I think you need to get a life. She always films respectfully and never does anything wrong. She just said she wasn’t sure. I’m sure you’re happy to watch her free content and then come on here and moan.

if you don’t like her, don’t watch it. Her vlogs are fantastic and probably the best vlogmas out there. They have really helped us in lockdown outside of the UK

Also you clearly haven’t watched many of her vlogs. She without a doubt doesn’t do YouTube for the money, she’s minted and does it for fun.

• Heart

SomeoneLOLd

Chatty Member
She is one, if not THE most hypocritical U.K. vloggers out there…..

pretending she “only does YouTube for fun” it literally says it on her Insta bio

yet she uses way more clickbait titles, cringey thumbnails and clout-chasing videos than anyone else I watch from this side of the pond!

I’m embarrassed FOR her tbh

makes out she has a perfect job and that all other YouTubers are beneath her

yet she literally goes around filming supermarkets for views and money and gets upset when her “stats aren’t good”

it’s a shame how big headed and fake she’s become

I quite liked her Disney vlogs back in the day

whatsever you

VIP Member
Just watched her BA video and wow she was desperate for people to like, subscribe, follow her on insta and watch all her other videos the whole time. She must’ve said it like 7 times throughout the video.
is this really the same girl who said she was doing this for fun?