Hannah Gale #4 Hubba hubba ding dong, The Leopard won’t be around for long!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it bother anyone else that Hannah could easily and naturally breastfed her son and had nothing else to do but still weaned him several months in? I worked my arse off to breastfeed my daughter and she was partially formula fed. If it came naturally to me to me and I had a decent supply I would have carried on past a few months. Why is she so obsessed with herself.

Reactions: 1
Does it bother anyone else that Hannah could easily and naturally breastfed her son and had nothing else to do but still weaned him several months in? I worked my arse off to breastfeed my daughter and she was partially formula fed. If it came naturally to me to me and I had a decent supply I would have carried on past a few months. Why is she so obsessed with herself.
I have to completely disagree with you on that one. Literally who cares if we breast or bottle feed our babies. How she feeds her baby Is the least annoying thing about Hannah.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I fed for 17 months and honestly I didnt wean earlier cause Im lazy 🙈 Was so much easier to settle my child in the middle of the night and we co slept for 4 years. My child also had allergies so I felt breast milk was good for helping the tummy repair.

Its up to Hannah really but I dunno why youd not continue til 1. Save the £££ on formula and youve done the hard part. First 6 weeks are so hard. It didnt come naturally to me at all and I was in a lot of pain for a long time.

also it gave me so much more time to sit on my arse and watch tv 🙈 oops babies feeding again.. 😆

Reactions: 4
Correct me if I’m being silly, but she said a HIGH of today was going on a walk with her friend and baby. Then the LOW was having 10 days of self isolation but she’s already on day 3??? Unless days go a lot quicker in Hannah’s world then how is she on day 3 after seeing her mate earlier?
I was in isolation last week (negative PCR test thankfully) because I'd come into contact with a positive case. I started my isolation on day 4 because I'd seen the positive case 4 days ago and had no symptoms. I imagine something similar has happened to Hannah.

Reactions: 2
I have to completely disagree with you on that one. Literally who cares if we breast or bottle feed our babies. How she feeds her baby Is the least annoying thing about Hannah.
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Totally agree. I really think that any conversations/judgements around breastfeeding should be kept out of here- it always ends up with someone feeling upset or worried about their choices when it’s exactly that- a personal choice, where there are no wrongs or rights ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Noooo. I was at home on my own all day with a new baby and I hated breastfeeding, found it difficult, isolating and painful. I was so glad when I could wean. So no, I now never judge peoples decisions on how they feed their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nope. Don’t agree with this at all, sorry. No one has any right to judge another mother’s choice of feeding, no matter how many kids you’ve had yourself you can never fully understand another mum’s situation - the only person who can is her, herself! Emotions, depression, family support etc all come into it and literally every single situation is different - it can be the easiest thing in the world for one mother and the most difficult for another, and how much free time you have doesn’t matter! It’s no one else’s business to judge.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Absolutely not. No one at all should be judged on whether the breastfeed or how long for. Each to their own.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she has to be obsessed with herself to want her body back, or to not tit feed her kid until he’s practically chewing on her nips. Why breastfeeding is a thing once your kid is developed enough to be able to digest purée or solid food is beyond me and that’s my opinion, but as others have said, her personal choice is nobody’s business. I get that you’re just airing your opinion and it annoys me as well when on a website like this you get chastised for that but it seems odd that you’d bring that up as a negative towards Hannah - she does plenty more problematic things to pick from… trust me!

Reactions: 6
I missed the bit about when she weaned, does anyone know? I'm just nosey because I have children the same ages and am currently bf my 9 month old and totally get the desire to wean - but like a previous poster I'm too lazy to actually do it!

Why breastfeeding is a thing once your kid is developed enough to be able to digest purée or solid food is beyond me and that’s my opinion, but as others have said, her personal choice is nobody’s business.
Not to get all Mumsnet but this because a babys main source of nutrition is still milk (be it breastfeeding or formula) until they are a year old. Only then can they transition to cows milk etc if you choose to do so. At 6/7 months most babies are probably eating 1 maybe 2 meals a day so they still need their usual milk to fill them up and help get them to sleep.

• Heart
I missed the bit about when she weaned, does anyone know? I'm just nosey because I have children the same ages and am currently bf my 9 month old and totally get the desire to wean - but like a previous poster I'm too lazy to actually do it!
6 months I think. Its entirely her prerogative and its her body.

I fed for a long-ish time and absolutely felt touched out often but after say 9/10 months my little one actually fed a lot less so it was easier for me. My baby took to food at 6 months sooo well which definitely made it easier for me.

Any time someone chooses to breastfeed for should be celebrated if thats 1 feed or thousands of them. Even a baby receiving only colostrum is a great achievement 😊

Equally if you dont want to bf at all then its your body your choice and it should be respected by everyone.

Was me with the laziness comment. It was just easier for me by that point to continue and we weaned gently enough at 17 months, was only feeding at bedtime by then.

Is the ‘showing a photo of my camera roll of 10 photos of the same thing, some favourited, some blurry and some cropped’ a thing?? I have never seen anyone else do it. It looks tit.
Just show us one decent photo of the wine you’re trying to get them to send you for free.

Reactions: 3
Is the ‘showing a photo of my camera roll of 10 photos of the same thing, some favourited, some blurry and some cropped’ a thing?? I have never seen anyone else do it. It looks tit.
Just show us one decent photo of the wine you’re trying to get them to send you for free.
It’s very strange!! They all look crap and I was laughing at the ones she’s have added to her favourites 😂😂

Err, you realise that’s a filter, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love this group 😂 will absolutely tear a girl to shreds for greasy hair but utterly united over her right to breastfeed or not breastfeed. Now I know where the line lies 😜 👏

P.s I'm yanking your chains. But the original BF comment didn't sit right with me either so I was glad to scroll past the responses that followed.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yeah I am not a mom but for what it's worth, I feel like there are so many factors that go into how long a woman breastfeeds. Some women never want to or it does not work out from the start, and then I have a friend who is still breastfeeding her 20 month old daughter. It depends on preferences and so many life factors!

I'm going to be a mum at some point this year, but can we stop with the breastfeeding talk please I literally couldn't care less what other women, each to their own.

Reactions: 23
I'm going to be a mum at some point this year, but can we stop with the breastfeeding talk please I literally couldn't care less what other women, each to their own.
Agreed. I have a 2 year old but find breastfeeding chat so boring.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.