Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that, but the comments themselves aren’t referring to that - they’re referring to her using the term “kids” or swearing when talking about her kids. That’s what I’m calling out...not the fact that she seems to be surprised that parenting Is tough...
Thing is, she's written about parenting in negative and hostile terms for ages, virtually since Atti's arrival (and she didn't half bleat on about the struggles of pregnancy before that). She's written several times that she wanted kids to enact some kind of fantasy version of her own childhood, it's not that she actually likes kids or thrives on responsibility. When she does write about the positives of parenthood it is usually about how she feels like *she's* having it all/girl bossing it. She rarely writes about enjoying spending time with her children, and it's never about them - only about her self-image. It's very jarring because she writes gleefully about pleasures connected with tv shows, food, make-up - and the enthusiasm or joy rarely appears in her posts about her kids. There's no balance.

She's also written about her estrangement from her mother which can't be easy and perhaps she didn't have a solid role model for a loving mother when she was growing up? I don't know and maybe I'm speculating too much. But her parenting posts aren't kind or respectful or affectionate are they?

Reactions: 22
Thing is, she's written about parenting in negative and hostile terms for ages, virtually since Atti's arrival (and she didn't half bleat on about the struggles of pregnancy before that). She's written several times that she wanted kids to enact some kind of fantasy version of her own childhood, it's not that she actually likes kids or thrives on responsibility. When she does write about the positives of parenthood it is usually about how she feels like *she's* having it all/girl bossing it. She rarely writes about enjoying spending time with her children, and it's never about them - only about her self-image. It's very jarring because she writes gleefully about pleasures connected with tv shows, food, make-up - and the enthusiasm or joy rarely appears in her posts about her kids. There's no balance.

She's also written about her estrangement from her mother which can't be easy and perhaps she didn't have a solid role model for a loving mother when she was growing up? I don't know and maybe I'm speculating too much. But her parenting posts aren't kind or respectful or affectionate are they?
yeah exactly, obviously I don't think it is good when influencers sugar coat parenting, everything is great etc.... but to only complain is really uncomfortable for me. I always wonder what her partner makes of it (if he reads her posts)

Reactions: 5

I agree about the estrangement thing. Also I think it’s her trying to be relatable again but it just comes across as mean. I know a lot of other instamummies I follow are also honest about how tough motherhood is but you also see the joy and love shine through. You never get that with Hannah.

also, having grown up with a mother who yes loved me but also declared me and my sister a huge inconvenience to her career, freedom and finances it is upsetting for the child however much the mum thinks she can hide it.

Reactions: 9
She's never forgiven Atti for wrecking her big USA road trip while he was still in the womb. Poor kid will never make it up to her.

I think the high point of motherhood for Hannah was when she posed preggo half nude in a field for that Blogosphere magazine shoot.

Remember when she was in her twenties and had a fertility check for no particular reason? That was so weird. Was it just for the drama?

Reactions: 9
So many people playing the holier than thou here. Most parents call their kids little shits - and for that matter, calling them kids is not referring to them as goats. It’s all well and good insulting Hannah here (after all THATS why we’re all here) but don’t act like you’re the worlds number one mummy/daddy and have never just sat and thought “goodness me you’re annoying” to a toddler.
I followed Hannah for a long time and she often spoke of parenthood and her child (Atti) in a way that more than alluded that parenthood was an inconvenience to her. I often found her “content” on parenting uncomfortable reading.

Just my observations based on Hannah’s posts and stories over several years 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I’ve followed Hannah for longer than I care to admit, too. I just disagree with people saying that calling your kids kids is uncaring or saying she turns the music up in the car loud enough to not hear them yelling is poor parenting.

she does show disdain towards her kids, that much is true but my original post was don’t come here to say she’s the worlds worst parent because she called them “kids”. I’m sure she doesn’t actually think her kids are Billy goats ffs.

Reactions: 2
All this “Hannah bought this” “Gemma did that” tit, do they realise they sound like pantronising twats talking to children??

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve followed Hannah for longer than I care to admit, too. I just disagree with people saying that calling your kids kids is uncaring or saying she turns the music up in the car loud enough to not hear them yelling is poor parenting.

she does show disdain towards her kids, that much is true but my original post was don’t come here to say she’s the worlds worst parent because she called them “kids”. I’m sure she doesn’t actually think her kids are Billy goats ffs.
I think that the whole ‘kid’ thing is just someone disliking the word, I don’t think they actually were suggesting she thinks her kids are goats...
I personally think turning up music to drown out your kids is really poor parenting. I’m certainly not the perfect mother, but I certainly make sure that I can hear and respond to my child- especially in a small space like the car when I can’t see them face on. What if the littlest one was having trouble breathing? Or the older one was eating something and started to choke?
I also think that the way Hannah writes about her children is incredibly insensitive to people with fertility issues- which she once claimed to be, let’s not forget. My friend just lost a premmie at a few weeks- I’m sure she would love to be having sleepless nights etc, rather than grieving. If Hannah wants to reinvent herself as a sassy woke boss babe hun, she needs to make those kinds of considerations too

Reactions: 12
I think that the whole ‘kid’ thing is just someone disliking the word, I don’t think they actually were suggesting she thinks her kids are goats...
I personally think turning up music to drown out your kids is really poor parenting. I’m certainly not the perfect mother, but I certainly make sure that I can hear and respond to my child- especially in a small space like the car when I can’t see them face on. What if the littlest one was having trouble breathing? Or the older one was eating something and started to choke?
I also think that the way Hannah writes about her children is incredibly insensitive to people with fertility issues- which she once claimed to be, let’s not forget. My friend just lost a premmie at a few weeks- I’m sure she would love to be having sleepless nights etc, rather than grieving. If Hannah wants to reinvent herself as a sassy woke boss babe hun, she needs to make those kinds of considerations too
Exactly this! I have a little one and it’s tough sometimes, even more so in lockdown but I am more considerate than to complain all the time about tough it is (and it bleeping is sometimes when he won’t sleep and is the PICKIEST eater!) Especially when my best friend was just told that she can never have children.

Hannah is so dumb and thoughtless.

Reactions: 3
It's the impression she puts across. Do I think she loves her kids? Obviously. But an impartial reader reading the stuff she wrote about parenting/having a child the first time round wouldn't have bet on her having another one, especially so soon. Because everything she wrote online about being a mother suggested she wasn't enjoying it and it was essentially 'ruining' her life.

Obviously it's tough parenting, I call my child a little tit all the time TO MY HUSBAND. Not to thousands of strangers, online, publicly, where anyone can see it. Especially the father, family members, other parents from nursery, teachers etc I'd be mortified if I was giving off that impression to people about my attitude to my kid(s). Ultimately the kids will be able to see it when they're older too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nah, I mean I think she’s a complete numpty but the whole be sensitive to fertility issues thing gets my goat. We cannot #triggerwarning our lives.

For me, if you’re distressed by online content from a failed journo then you need to address your distress professionally

I’m in the “don’t want children think they’re annoying little jerks” camp and have been told my opinion is insensitive to people who can’t conceive?!
I don’t think someone stating their annoyance at the position they find the self in (albeit in this case, a pretty privileged position that they chose) should then also be bandied around as insensitive to others simply because they are not in that situation. If she was hollering “you childless not by choice folk want to count yourselves lucky, these kids are a bleeping nightmare” then I could see the offence

Reactions: 11
Oh the little PS on stories... 'We're scared of bleeping up our meal ticket so we promise the next model will be a POC AND plus-size... Is that ok? Did we do that right? VALIDATE US' Jesus Christ.

It's not about ensuring EVERY SINGLE ad shows diversity, it's about not being an intrinsically racist knobhead, HANNAH.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Nah, I mean I think she’s a complete numpty but the whole be sensitive to fertility issues thing gets my goat. We cannot #triggerwarning our lives.

For me, if you’re distressed by online content from a failed journo then you need to address your distress professionally

I’m in the “don’t want children think they’re annoying little jerks” camp and have been told my opinion is insensitive to people who can’t conceive?!
I don’t think someone stating their annoyance at the position they find the self in (albeit in this case, a pretty privileged position that they chose) should then also be bandied around as insensitive to others simply because they are not in that situation. If she was hollering “you childless not by choice folk want to count yourselves lucky, these kids are a bleeping nightmare” then I could see the offence
If that’s how you think/feel, great. However, you clearly aren’t able to empathise with someone whose thoughts are very different from yours. Bit of a cheap shot to suggest that if it upsets someone they need therapy as well...
On a different note- Gemma seems to basically be the slightly fitter and healthier version of Hannah. Same annoying writing style, same personality void 😂

Oh the little PS on stories... 'We're scared of bleeping up our meal ticket so we promise the next model will be a POC AND plus-size... Is that ok? Did we do that right? VALIDATE US' Jesus Christ.

It's not about ensuring EVERY SINGLE ad shows diversity, it's about not being an intrinsically racist knobhead, HANNAH.
Hahaha, totally! It’s just grovelling, virtue signalling bullshit again from Hannah and Gem. And yet more bleeping hideous fashion pics 😭

Reactions: 7
Wait I missed where her and Chloe Plumstead aren't friends anymore can someone fill me in on that?

Reactions: 2
Not sure how to quote comments here (soz!) but iirc Hannah thought she had PCOS hence all the fertility tests etc. She was fairly open about it all at the time and must have had followers message her about their experiences and heartbreak around trying to conceive. I always felt that she was convinced she wouldn’t be able to have kids, then fell pregnant really quickly, and panicked a bit! But I find the way she talks about motherhood so cold and moany. I get that life can’t come with trigger warnings but I don’t think she realises how lucky she is to have two healthy children!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.