Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she is so infuriating! there's so so many ways she could've handled this better. honestly, it's just utterly ridiculous to see her do this again and just run away rather than facing up and actually having some difficult conversations.

Reactions: 10
She’s hired a PR person! (I am one myself, it’s clear when one has infiltrated 😂) there’s no way they’ve written that statement themselves. Fleeing again. Sigh.
Omg you're right.Already the comments are up about cancel culture. She's cancelling herself. No one expects you to have all the answers - especially POC who are the people who first hand know how insidious and pervasive this is in our culture. But you have to use this as your turning point. Be actively anti racist instead of just crying and slinking away. That fixed literally nothing last time.

Reactions: 6
That didn’t last long! I really, truly think she just needs to do something that is totally removed from social media. She needs to look at herself and work out why she feels the need to try and grow a following and be so public, and see how she can fill that need within her life. Maybe then she could actually be happy and content!

Reactions: 13
Oh my god these people in the comments... such an ‘informative project?’ You can see ‘all the work that’s been put in?!’ What are they looking at?!?!

Reactions: 17
Oh my god these people in the comments... such an ‘informative project?’ You can see ‘all the work that’s been put in?!’ What are they looking at?!?!
I often look at influencers content and wonder if I am actually looking at something totally different to other people. well this latest venture has been less than i imagined even. she would be an idiot to even try again at this point. Gemma must be fuming

Reactions: 9
She doesn’t need to flounce off again. She needs to use her voice to educate all the people who follow her and seemingly think this isn’t a big deal? Might give her a bit of get up and go to blog about something other than midi skirts and chocolate. She could really turn this into something but I get the impression she doesn’t like hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She doesn’t need to flounce off again. She needs to use her voice to educate all the people who follow her and seemingly think this isn’t a big deal? Might give her a bit of get up and go to blog about something other than midi skirts and chocolate. She could really turn this into something but I get the impression she doesn’t like hard work.
She's never done any. Even at the height of her 'fame', her list posts were relatable because they were her own experiences and the experience of every girl her age... It wasn't research was it?
She's been rehashing press releases, reviewing sandwiches... I mean, the sandwich post - she mentioned two sandwiches and then write 'prices start from £2'... Just tell us the actual prices of these two items, make an effort to find out!

Reactions: 12
I like that she admitted she was wrong to hide. I’m aware that a publicist probably helped her draft the statement but I am glad to see her try to take some accountability for what she has said and done.

That being said, I don’t know why she is leaving again. Now is the time she could post some raw, honest content about her own privilege and how she was forced to confront her inner prejudices. Running away now in the hope that when she comes back again it will all be forgotten is not the solution.

All the comments about how the 'trolls' don't remember to #bekind... Is casual racism kind?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I like that she admitted she was wrong to hide. I’m aware that a publicist probably helped her draft the statement but I am glad to see her try to take some accountability for what she has said and done.

That being said, I don’t know why she is leaving again. Now is the time she could post some raw, honest content about her own privilege and how she was forced to confront her inner prejudices. Running away now in the hope that when she comes back again it will all be forgotten is not the solution.
Thing is, she's just not that smart is she? And not prepared to get out of her comfort zone and challenge herself to think about it.

I was thinking about that personal post saying how much validation she gets from her 'work'. I thought that was very telling. It's an escape from the non-glam, no-freebie, 'put someone else first' work of parenting.

She returned for the wrong reasons: for money, for likes and to roleplay being a girl boss. Not because she had learned anything or wanted to use her platform for anyone else's benefit. She hasn't got it in her to use her platform for good - she even tore down her pregnant friend's career prospects to use her as a human shield. She can't even call out her racist followers.

She's never done any. Even at the height of her 'fame', her list posts were relatable because they were her own experiences and the experience of every girl her age... It wasn't research was it?
She's been rehashing press releases, reviewing sandwiches... I mean, the sandwich post - she mentioned two sandwiches and then write 'prices start from £2'... Just tell us the actual prices of these two items, make an effort to find out!
yeh i agree, she doesn't seem to get (like so many people here have said) that blogging is not what it once was. Relatively few peoople had them when she started so you could basically get away with very basic content, which is not the case now. She is the epitome of so many infleucners etc who were just in the right place at the right time but would never be successful now

Personally, I’m hesitant to believe that it will all be closed down again - I’m tempted to believe that it’s for the cancel culture sympathy.

It’s a shame if she does as she’s been handed content on a plate as AnnaLee above has said and she could actually make the site impactful rather than rehashed press releases.

we are in the middle of apandemic, write about having ayoung baby and lack of family contact, how the limitations contrast to your first birth Etc
No one cares about a sandwich surely.

Reactions: 11
Another reason I think she quit again is because she has totally lost the respect of her blogging peers. People she looked up to and wanted to become friends with when she was a new blogger have turned their backs on her. It’s not so much running away from an anonymous audience it’s running away from the judgement of her blogging ‘colleagues’

Reactions: 19
Do we think from that she is flouncing again? It doesn’t say so. She could just DO ALL THE RIGHT THINGS NOW, no?

Either way, it’s been a top week lads 👋🏻

ETA ah, missed the third slide. Well it has been a pleasure ❤

• Haha
Another reason I think she quit again is because she has totally lost the respect of her blogging peers. People she looked up to and wanted to become friends with when she was a new blogger have turned their backs on her. It’s not so much running away from an anonymous audience it’s running away from the judgement of her blogging ‘colleagues’
Good point. That must really hurt seeing your peers unfollow you. That probably told her she was in the wrong so much more than, as you say, anonymous followers.

I think the post was to judge the reaction and I think she’ll stay. Maybe this has been the plan all along? Come back, cause a drama, look to flounce then rise from the ashes with new content and a lot of traction.

Then I could be giving her too much credit? 😂

Reactions: 6
Although well written how does she say “I’m ashamed I tried to hide and that I didn’t confront my wrongdoings head on....” in one breath and then basically “anyway I’ve decide to hide and not confront my wrongdoings head on. Bye”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I kinda think it's the right thing to do, step away from this business project. Cos now they can have a proper think and learn about it. And that's what we all want, right? Accountability and for her to do better? And there's no way you can do that authentically while also trying to grow a business?

Cos like realistically, she didn't do anything while she was away the first time. So she's got to spend now actually understanding, you know?

EDITED - nah I've changed my mind, it's nonsense to remove herself from the narrative without addressing all the white women still defending her, who will be crying 'cancel culture' now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.