Hannah Gale #13 Hannah Gale and the MaGiCaL nEw ChApTeR, Featuring As Few Children As Possible

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So would everyone say you’re not a single parent if the other parent is still in the picture? What’s the actual definition of a single parent I’m curious to know.

Reactions: 4
Her children need the stability of school, so I'd be saying no to holidays during term time. Unless, exception of course, trip of a lifetime/family bereavement.

I would say she should be saying co-parent. Because Dad is very much in the picture. She full admits kids are with Dad some of the time/they share custody. They do not sleep in her home every single night, and other parent doesn't just see them on a Saturday afternoon, for example.
I know parents who are not together, who do not interact much, but still call it co-parenting. (I don't know the full story, but impression I get is they co-operate very much for the sake of the kids, despite not liking each other at all.)

Reactions: 7
Is she really walking about with a tiny cardi and just a bra under
It’ll be the bralette from m&s that’s SOOOOO COMFY AND SOOOO SUPPORTIVE AND BABEIN AND SUMMIN SUMMIN.

She looks like a dumpy bottle of sprite. The twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
[/QUOTE]

dumpy bottle of sprite is the best insult ever

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So would everyone say you’re not a single parent if the other parent is still in the picture? What’s the actual definition of a single parent I’m curious to know.
I would describe myself as a single parent. My child’s dad died when I was pregnant. A single parent is a parent who is raising a child without any/absolutely minimal support from the other parent. Hannah is not a single parent and her describing herself as one is probably the thing that annoys me most about her. It’s so bloody offensive to those of us who are actually raising our kids single handedly.

In saying that, pretty much everything she does annoys me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I would describe myself as a single parent. My child’s dad died when I was pregnant. A single parent is a parent who is raising a child without any/absolutely minimal support from the other parent. Hannah is not a single parent and her describing herself as one is probably the thing that annoys me most about her. It’s so bloody offensive to those of us who are actually raising our kids single handedly.

Sorry to hear that, i'm sure you are smashing it!
My sisters childs dad died when he was young but I don't class her as single parent simply because she has an incredible amount of help from my mum. If the dad was still around she wouldn't have had nearly as much help (and time to herself) as she does now.
I'm saying this as a married mum with 2 kids who works and I don't go out or have time to myself like she does!

The definition we use for single parent is if the other one isn’t in the picture at all, I.e through death or they have no contact with the child

lone parenting, is what I’d call what Hannah does when she didn’t with her mates, and what most parents do if they’re on their own for the day etc

I would have said my mum was a single mum when I was a kid after my parents divorced. We did see my dad like one night a week max (and was useless) but my mum did the majority (with 5 kids - absolute hero).
If your coparenting i.e 50% of the time or less than i dont think you can claim to be a single parent..

Reactions: 5
It’ll be the bralette from m&s that’s SOOOOO COMFY AND SOOOO SUPPORTIVE AND BABEIN AND SUMMIN SUMMIN.

‘Dumpy bottle of Sprite’ for next thread title please please please lads normalise them not always rhyming x

ETA ah beaten to it! Just shows how good 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's a full on mid life crisis outfit.
Massively. It’s too young for her. She looks ridiculous. Once again trying to show how carefree and cool she is.

I have no problem with women in their 30’s wearing trends but it’s so at odds with her usual frumpy look it just comes across try hard.

Look at me I’m so cool my boyfriend must fancy me loads. duck off love and go do some parenting.

Reactions: 7

I’m so sorry that happened, you’re amazing ❤

Reactions: 2
I split up from my sons dad, share my son 50/50 with my ex and would consider myself a single parent. I have no help around me and on those days I do have my son, it is just us two. A single parent is defined as someone who doesn’t have a spouse or live in partner, regardless of how much they have their kids. She’s not technically wrong. However, most single parents actually like spending time with their children and don’t view them simply as a burden.

Reactions: 11
I split up from my sons dad, share my son 50/50 with my ex and would consider myself a single parent. I have no help around me and on those days I do have my son, it is just us two. A single parent is defined as someone who doesn’t have a spouse or live in partner, regardless of how much they have their kids. She’s not technically wrong. However, most single parents actually like spending time with their children and don’t view them simply as a burden.
Agree with this. If you live in a 'single' household and have care of your kids (for a good chunk of the week or 50/50) I think its fine to call yourself a single parent as you are a single parental unit when you are caring for your kid/s.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s fine to say single parent and I think she is one regardless of whether her ex has the kids half the time. For the half she has them she’s single parenting.

Reactions: 1
When she talks about New Scientist all I can think about is the Dad from Friday Night Dinner 🤣
"Newton."

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.