Gypsy Rose Blanchard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know how to watch the new doc in the uk?
I copied this from the to channel website for you. Not sure if the information will be of use to you but just in case……

When is The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard on in the UK?
This highly anticipated documentary series will premiere on Monday, 15th January 2024 at 9pm on Crime + Investigation. The series will run for three weeks as double-billed back-to-back episodes.

Will The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard be available on demand?
The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard will be available on demand to Sky and Virgin customers. It will also be streaming on Crime + Investigation Play from Tuesday, 16th January 2024.

Reactions: 2
Looking forward to watching this show when its on here, none of the websites i use have it available yet. Not sure how i feel about her being released but the guy who physically killed her mum still being in prison. What i will say is there is something really spooky about the husband, i dont get how or why anyone would marry someone they have never met, who’s in prison no matter how big or small the crime - thats a grade a nutjob to me

Reactions: 19
Her behaviour since being released is very odd to me. She seems very fame hungry..
---
Looking forward to watching this show when its on here, none of the websites i use have it available yet. Not sure how i feel about her being released but the guy who physically killed her mum still being in prison. What i will say is there is something really spooky about the husband, i dont get how or why anyone would marry someone they have never met, who’s in prison no matter how big or small the crime - thats a grade a nutjob to me
And he looks just like her mum😳

Reactions: 22
I wish I could FF by a year and see what happens next.... I just can't see it ending well

Reactions: 15
Yeah, plus more is coming out like her admitting she shot her mum 10 times with a BB gun.
She craves the attention, it's only going to get worse. I am almost certain I saw something about them having a baby...

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She craves the attention, it's only going to get worse. I am almost certain I saw something about them having a baby...
I saw a clip where she said they've talked about starting a family. Considering she's already commented on their sex life 🤮 I REALLY don't think she's ready for a baby. Hopefully they'll decide that they're too busy with the talk shows/podcasts/book etc to think about having a child just yet.

Reactions: 8
I saw a clip where she said they've talked about starting a family. Considering she's already commented on their sex life 🤮 I REALLY don't think she's ready for a baby. Hopefully they'll decide that they're too busy with the talk shows/podcasts/book etc to think about having a child just yet.
I am not sure if she'd even be allowed would she? Like she's so in the spotlight - social services will be watching her like a hawk!

Reactions: 1
She had 2 fiancees while in jail her behaviour in and out of jail is desperation for connection.

I am struggling with the idea of her being in the public eye, on social media and doing the series and interviews etc.

I'm one of the people who thinks she was very much a victim and had a terrible time, and IF there was ever going to be mitigating circumstances for getting someone to kill your mother, her case and the original story given is probably as close to it as you could reasonably get.

However, I think this means she should do her time, which she has, and get out to be able to rebuild her life, in peace and quiet and live like a normal person.

I don't think it means she should be able to come out and become some sort of weird celebrity figure, capitalising on a murder that she orchestrated? It's very odd to see.

Reactions: 31
It’s undoubtedly awful the way her mother treated her but I just find it astounding that she couldn’t signal for help from authorities or another person, yet manages to source and convince someone to kill the mother

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s undoubtedly awful the way her mother treated her but I just find it astounding that she couldn’t signal for help from authorities or another person, yet manages to source and convince someone to kill the mother
exactly, seems like she did have a lot of contact with people that she could have alerted someone

Reactions: 11
Has anyone listened to the podcast she did with Nick Viall? She comes across pretty well. She’s clearly been having therapy and she gave some brilliant advice. I just hope she takes life easy and doesn’t rush into having kids and get too involved in fame
---
I’d like to know where her dad and step mum were whilst she was being abused. She spoke about them a lot in the podcast

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Her childhood must’ve done her huge amounts of psychological damage from what I’ve seen and read on that and other FDIA cases.

I don’t think her behaviour now is particularly surprising, but she is certain to be surrounded by vultures and I don’t imagine it will end at all well. The amount of unnecessary procedures and medications she endured, the way she was infantilised for so long and paraded for attention…that’s a framework for the wrong kind of attention seeking that will be difficult to reverse or avoid especially if there’s money and fame involved.

I think the attention on her and all the followers is pretty grim, but I do see her as a victim of really significant and sustained abuse as well as a perpetrator. What she went through and the massive impact it must’ve had on her shouldn’t be lost in the mix. She was utterly dominated by someone who caused her huge harm and isolation while also parading her for attention. What framework does she have for healthy relationships or good decision making? Very little I imagine.

If you haven’t watched the original doc about this case, ‘Mommy Dead and Dearest’, I really recommend it. Also this article gives an account from another victim of FDIA that explains how difficult it can be to recognise and escape from:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Has anyone listened to the podcast she did with Nick Viall? She comes across pretty well. She’s clearly been having therapy and she gave some brilliant advice. I just hope she takes life easy and doesn’t rush into having kids and get too involved in fame
---
I’d like to know where her dad and step mum were whilst she was being abused. She spoke about them a lot in the podcast
From what I just read he paid his child maintenance for her and every time he tried to arrange a visit an issue arose meaning he couldn’t see her and he believed she did need full time care

He was 17 and Dee Dee was 24 when they met and she fell pregnant 🤢

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
From what I just read he paid his child maintenance for her and every time he tried to arrange a visit an issue arose meaning he couldn’t see her and he believed she did need full time care

He was 17 and Dee Dee was 24 when they met and she fell pregnant 🤢
Yeah I watched an interview with him last night and he paid child support + medical etc until the murder even though Gypsy was over 18 at that point and he didn’t technically have to.

I think her dad is a good man but he does come across as very very simple to me, not very bright and I think Dee Dee was the dominant force by far in that arrangement so whatever Dee Dee said, went.

Anyone watching the new 6 part documentary on her The prison confessions of Gypsy Rose?
She obviously was horrifically abused and manipulated by her mother but I’m up to the actual murder she’s coming across not very well and quite manipulative herself whether that’s learnt or what I don’t know. The home videos her and the guy made after so bizzare

Reactions: 9
Anyone watching the new 6 part documentary on her The prison confessions of Gypsy Rose?
She obviously was horrifically abused and manipulated by her mother but I’m up to the actual murder she’s coming across not very well and quite manipulative herself whether that’s learnt or what I don’t know. The home videos her and the guy made after so bizzare
I haven’t seen it yet but from what I remember that’s the impression they gave of her in The Act during the murder scenes. Very manipulative

Reactions: 7