Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Just caught the end of Extra Slice, why am I not surprised that Jools Holland is closing the show on his bloody piano. The man can't do anything without getting involved and playing a piano.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
I can’t believe Hermine went 😮😮 To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if Laura wins because she can do no wrong in the judges eyes. Obviously it’s not just us viewers that think this because Noel stepped in and said something. I think Laura should have gone home weeks ago before Marc and Lottie definitely she’s not finalist material

hrh89

VIP Member
They should have gotten Julian Barratt to host with Noel just to satisfy all the Boosh fans 😂😍

• Heart

Italy2

Chatty Member
Disgusting that Laura got to stay in..the mess of a baker!! So gutted for Hermine. I don't think I like bake off anymore. I mean this whole series was so dreary and boring...

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Have you noticed that the Hollywood handshake (which was bandied about so liberally last season) has barely made an appearance?
Yeah, ever since Scott Bryan made a graph documenting the rise of the Hollywood Handshake, Paul has massively reduced how much he gives it out.

It's more a Paul's ego thing I think, as if it's the holy grail to get a handshake, like the bakers don't need the handshake if you get what I mean.

• Heart

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
The whole series has seemed weak, but I think that's because there have been too many challenges setting them all up to fail. Not giving them enough time isn't entertaining when it means that no-one succeeds at all.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I’m shocked that Hermine went home this week I honestly thought she’d win or at least get to the final.

I like Laura, but agree that she probably should have gone weeks ago. It’s just one of those things really, sometimes a contestant scrapes through by the skin of their teeth. It’s the judges who make the decision at the end of the day. Her flavours must really be something as that’s basically what’s kept her in it. I actually like the fact that she’s messy, because that’s how I am too when I bake. She’s hardly a slob,mess can be cleaned up afterwards and aprons can be washed.

Not surprised she’s had horrible comments on her weight especially on twitter. So sad that even a wholesome show like Bake Off, a show that has nothing to do with how someone looks, can bring out the worst in people. I don’t think I could cope with it.

Droosie123

VIP Member
Bloody thrilled it's not Laura. There's absolutely no way she should have been in the final. Even tonight she was making a complete mess everywhere.

Laura is dyspraxic which is why she makes a complete mess.

It's a hard thing to live with and affects nearly every area of your life, especially executive function skills .

Been living with it all my life so I cheered for Laura getting all the way to the tent and the final. My workstation would have looked the same as hers....no matter how hard I tried otherwise. Especially when under the same pressure.

Sick of people attacking her on Twitter and Instagram when they were not in the tent, took no part in the judging and had no idea about what her bakes tasted like. Good for her defending herself I say,

• Heart

I'm Sayin Nuttin

There's something about Dave I'm really not keen on. My faves are Peter and Irish Mark. I think Hermine should have got star Baker over Laura this week aswell.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Laura is fabulous, she's been lucky as even in bad weeks she's pulled off great flavours and I honestly think that's what has saved her each time. I also think each time she's been fully prepared for hearing that she's going home.

In any case it's all academic as Peter will win. ...Perfect Peter as my husband calls him but for a 20yr old he's amazingly talented.
If you know, you know..

Attachments

• Haha

Tots

VIP Member
i thinK Peter was just proud as punch as he had a rubbish time last week and he had done so well this week. I dont think it was ego just giddy as a kipper

Love that...giddy as a kipper!!

I’ve only just watched this weeks show. Hermine and Laura both had bad weeks. Hermine’s technical looked most like a horn but neither hers or Laura’s tasted good. They both did well on the first challenge. So even Stevens.
Showstopper, neither looked good at all, Hermine had changed her idea the day before and not practiced it! But Laura’s tasted lovely and Hermine’s didn’t! Laura’s were all uniform in size and shape, just the glaze let her down. Hermine’s were collapsing and leaning and tasted badly so yes it was right that Hermine went tho it is a huge shame as she did so well up until now!
I think Dave flourished last night and had really relaxed and gained in confidence which the judges recognised and I think it’s lovely.
Peter is my favourite as his abilities for his age astound me. He was just on cloud 9 I think last night, I don’t think it was arrogance. He’d had a bad week the week before which is so unlike him and he recovered and excelled and I think, as practically perfect said, he was just giddy as a kipper! 😂

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I'm eating giant flaming hot wotsits watching this, it doesn't feel right, i need cake or a custard slice

Laura is shocking #justiceforhermine

• Haha

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
I like Laura. I know she’s messy but they both rave about her flavours. Her finish isn’t great but that tent is so hot. I hope she wins.