Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else find Peter really smug? Used to like him but tonight he grated on me

Reactions: 9
Laura didn’t deserve to go tonight but she should have last week or the week before!

the steamed pudding was a total disaster, everyone’s could have gone with another hour or so of cooking but there was no way any of them could have managed it?

Reactions: 5
Hermine definitely deserves to win she is the most consistent and omg her jelly cake was absolutely beautiful

Great episode. What a smasher Hermine is - she’s got the skills and the personality. Her jelly cake was stunning.

Sad to see lovely Mark go but he took it in the right spirit. He’s a smasher too.

I fancy the arse off Noel so I would have real focus issues if I ever ended up in the tent (never). I love him and Matt together, they love each other.
Same!! Lots of people don’t seem to like Matt but I really do! Him and Noel get on so well and definitely share a similar silly sense of humour. I think he’s a great addition and he seems to get on with the contestants and judges well.

Feel sorry for Mark, Laura should have gone. I hope Hermine wins.

I hate when they ask the judges for their technical related advice... it's always so vague and unhelpful. They will say something like "read the instructions" "get the timing right" it's just pointless
well I think that’s the point. It’s meant to be pointless unhelpful advice because they’re meant to work it out by themselves!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The technical was set up to fail for the drama. It needs about 3 hours of steaming. They only had 2 and a half, in which they had to do all the prep work too.

Is it just me that thought Prue salivating over Dave's jelly cake design was a bit much?? Like yeah it was nice but Hermine's was 10x better but Prue didn't seem nearly as excited lol...maybe it (Dave's) looked better in person 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Aw I’m disappointed Marc has gone. I think Peter should have gone tbh.
It annoyed me that the showstopper seemed to be the only thing they judged re eliminations. Yes, the technical was a mess but their cheesecakes should have been in the equation too.
I can’t see why you all dislike Dave. Is it because his eyes are so dark that you can’t see his pupils?

Reactions: 3
It annoyed me that the showstopper seemed to be the only thing they judged re eliminations. Yes, the technical was a mess but their cheesecakes should have been in the equation too.
I can’t see why you all dislike Dave. Is it because his eyes are so dark that you can’t see his pupils?
I agree! Since when has this ever been the way they do things on Bake Off? I don't understand.. it seemed really unfair.

Reactions: 1
I agree! Since when has this ever been the way they do things on Bake Off? I don't understand.. it seemed really unfair.
They just make it up week by week what they are going to use to decide who stays and who goes.

There isn't a proper scoring method to properly make sure that doesn't happen. It was a good thing about Bake Off Creme de la Crème (on BBC, pre-professionals on Channel 4), they had a points system and the lowest scoring team over all the rounds was eliminated. It made sense. Channel 4 have obviously eliminated that element and left the hosts with nothing to do, even worse with two hosts with nothing to do.

Reactions: 1

Completely agree. I'm beginning to wonder why they even bother with the signature and technical now because everything just seems to be judged purely on the showstopper.
I think Peter should have gone too. Marc did better than him in both the signature and the technical and Peter's signature didn't look that much better than Marc's one. I think overall Marc did better. He was the only one whose technical didn't collapse.

Laura's being completely favoured over the last few weeks. Constantly dropping her bakes, everything she presents looks an unappetising mess yet Paul is all about her. I'm still annoyed that she didn't go two weeks ago instead of Irish Mark.

I was hoping to see Mark/Marc & Linda in the final. The way it's going now I'm not even too bothered about watching it, and if Laura wins it, well! :mad:

I was just thinking about you, I knew you wanted Mark and Marc in the final - knew you'd be gutted!
I actually shouted "NOOOOOO!!!" at the television last night when Marc was sent home.

Woke the poor cat up and she jumped a mile. She was NOT impressed with me 😾

Yea I'm another one very unhappy not to have two Marks in the final.
Peter really upset me last night, revealing with no warning that he doesn't like cheese. I felt there should have been a viewer advisory before the show, and an "if you have been effected" message at the end with helpline numbers etc.
Laura's flavours must be incredible because a lot of her bakes seem to go wrong, but still get lots of praise. I find it very hard to watch her as I feel she lacks finesse in a serious way- last night again she tipped a cake or jelly into her hand and sort of frisbeed it onto a serving plate, and the way she fecked her suet pastry into the fridge without looking or even fully opening the door just made me crack up laughing! Oh I also had to laugh when she was eulogising Mark at the end - I felt like someone needed to remind her he was being sent home, not taken round the back of the tent and shot 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Who does everyone think will win? I think Hermine has it in the bag tbh

Reactions: 8
Yea I'm another one very unhappy not to have two Marks in the final.
Peter really upset me last night, revealing with no warning that he doesn't like cheese. I felt there should have been a viewer advisory before the show, and an "if you have been effected" message at the end with helpline numbers etc.
Laura's flavours must be incredible because a lot of her bakes seem to go wrong, but still get lots of praise. I find it very hard to watch her as I feel she lacks finesse in a serious way- last night again she tipped a cake or jelly into her hand and sort of frisbeed it onto a serving plate, and the way she fecked her suet pastry into the fridge without looking or even fully opening the door just made me crack up laughing! Oh I also had to laugh when she was eulogising Mark at the end - I felt like someone needed to remind her he was being sent home, not taken round the back of the tent and shot 😂
I think she's an attention seeker. I thought it was a bit odd when she was on Instagram a few days ago claiming that she was being 'trolled'. I think she loves a bit of drama.

Reactions: 6
Aw they get close don’t they and it can only have been more intense this year because of COvID. I thought she was genuinely moved to see her friend leave the tent.

Loved the way she decked the suet pastry into the fridge - made me laugh too. They all hated that stupid challenge - rightly.

Hermine should win.

Reactions: 5
Is it just me that thought Prue salivating over Dave's jelly cake design was a bit much?? Like yeah it was nice but Hermine's was 10x better but Prue didn't seem nearly as excited lol...maybe it (Dave's) looked better in person 🤷‍♀️
Yeah I thought that. It looked nice, but wasnt amazing, and his cake and mousse were wrong. I havent warmed to Dave at all.

Aw they get close don’t they and it can only have been more intense this year because of COvID. I thought she was genuinely moved to see her friend leave the tent.

Loved the way she decked the suet pastry into the fridge - made me laugh too. They all hated that stupid challenge - rightly.

Hermine should win.
i thought Prue said the puddings should have been steamed for 2 hours. But wasnt the challenge 2 1/2 hours? So they would have had to make the pastry and assemble the whole thing in less than half an hour. They were all set up to fail. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 6
This is so petty but Laura constantly dropping things really sends my anxiety through the roof. Bull in a china shop

Reactions: 7