Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Team Hermine for me.

Also beginning to agree that Dave is actually just shy.

Laura absolutely does my tits in: she’s chaotic and over-dramatic and just so very basic 😴 hope she buggers off back to her godforsaken pizza oven next week.

Reactions: 6
I’ve only just found this thread!! 😂

I was a big Lottie, Mark and Marc fan! I actually cried when Marc left this week as I thought he was so lovely! I also liked Linda too, and Rowan was funny!

Out of who is left I do like them all now. I think Laura is hilarious to watch, Chuck it in the freezer! Literally!
Dave is shy I think and I also think a perfectionist who doesn’t like to fail!
Hermine has really come into her own tho, she makes me laugh, loved her rant about suet!! 😂 she’s very good too and I don’t recall her having any major cock ups?
Peter has been so consistent until this week, I think the nerves got him and slight lack of experience but I think for his age he is phenomenal!! When I was his age at uni, I ate microwaved chips and pizza!! 😂

Will keep up with this thread now, have loved reading all of your posts!

Reactions: 7
I find Dave really awkward to watch he always goes shifty and red when they speak to him or ask him anything. I can see he’s a little uncomfortable to be the centre of attention. I just cringe a little 😂 he’s okay though don’t dislike him but Hermine to win

Reactions: 5
Yes!!! Love it... Wish they would do a feature / show who makes the leavers cakes on it.. They should be celebrated.. Whoever it is or the cake company... Few minutes showing making the outer bit that makes it show the baker.

I was a big Lottie, Mark and Marc fan! I actually cried when Marc left this week as I thought he was so lovely! I also liked Linda too, and Rowan was funny!
oh i forgot about rowan, loved him and his attitude :')

Reactions: 2
Just caught up with this week's episode. Sad to see Marc go!
Laura annoys me so much she is so clumsy and careless.
I really don't think the bakers are of the higher standard weve seen in previous series though but Hermine for the win!!

Cannot warm to Matt at all, his jokes fall flat and he isn't funny at all which is such a shame as I was looking forward to him being on the show!

Reactions: 4
Just caught up with this week's episode. Sad to see Marc go!
Laura annoys me so much she is so clumsy and careless.
I really don't think the bakers are of the higher standard weve seen in previous series though but Hermine for the win!!

Cannot warm to Matt at all, his jokes fall flat and he isn't funny at all which is such a shame as I was looking forward to him being on the show!
I think this just doesn’t suit Matt. I’ve loved him since shooting stars but his humour just isn’t working in GBBO.

Reactions: 5
Ok all caught up and gotta say, I wasn’t impressed with dessert week. What odd choices. The directions and time given for the technical were awful 👎👎

Reactions: 2
Great episode. What a smasher Hermine is - she’s got the skills and the personality. Her jelly cake was stunning.

Sad to see lovely Mark go but he took it in the right spirit. He’s a smasher too.

I fancy the arse off Noel so I would have real focus issues if I ever ended up in the tent (never). I love him and Matt together, they love each other.
I fancy Noel too, and I love him and Matt together, they are both adorable imo.

I loved Hermine since the start, she's got a great sense of humor and her bakes are too notch so really hoping she'll win. Loved the Marks too so was sad to see them both go.

I wasn't fussed on Laura to begin with but I'm warming to her more with every week, I'd be really happy to see her in the final.

I'm a bit meh about Dave and Peter, I think they're both a bit too sure of themselves but try and play it down so they don't appear arrogant.

I’m so sad Mark is gone I wanted him to get to the final 😞 I didn’t like Peters showstopper as Paul Said it didn’t look like a Christmas bake the colours were all wrong. I’m not sure who I want to win now to be honest unpopular opinion but I love all of Laura’s bakes she picks all the kinds of flavours that I love 😍 and I like her too
I think her flavours have saved her each week. She really seems to have a knack for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Please tell me why Laura was crying before even attempting the shaping of the dough 🙄 everyone else just had a go, she’s lucky to even be there ffs 😂

Hermine for the win 🎉

Reactions: 6
All that silicone bakeware getting butchered. Peter definitely made the right decision to use the cake frame and cut them out rather than massacring expensive silicone.

Reactions: 11
Laura is disgusting with all that mess and when Matt put his hand in her dough 🤮

Peter smashing it this week! I hope he wins star baker this week and goes on to win the whole thing.

Reactions: 7