Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of people are drawn to "influencer" lifestyles because they rely on external validation. While many youtubers and instagram use those platforms to share their interests and knowledge and do work hard on it, there's many who are just "lifestlye" influencers, who want praise for essentially living their lives. We all know those people who expect you to cheer when they do a load of laundry or went to the bank. They think all the minute things they do, that others do as standard day-to-day life. This means that they never develop any real intrisic sense of self-worth or any resilliance. Most people get that feeling of accomplishment from doing something hard, a proper achievement and while praise from others is nice, it's not the reason we do it, we just want to feel good and proud of ourselves and our abilities. Grace, I think suffers massively from this. Her parents clearly told her she's the best at everything and she's not developed a resiliance that would keep her going when things aren't perfect.
I agree with a bunch of what you've said but I've never got the impression that her parents have told her she's the best at everything. Let her be an adult kid, sure, but they seem quite down to earth in other ways.

Reactions: 2
She has burn out 😆From what ! Doing the chores and uploading a video once or twice, can't imagine what she would be like if she had a job. I don't know why I watch so called influencers as they irate the hell out of me with their lazyness but then I find then quite fascinating
628lb9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's one of many who would probably benefit from the external structure and expectations of a 'normal' job. She seems like a nice enough, reasonably intelligent person who could fairly easily get something. Sitting at a desk and having to conform to sometimes arbitrary expectations foisted on you, annoying as it is, can be quite key for development. Basically, something that isn't particularly 'fun' but you gotta do it anyway.

Reactions: 10
I could be wrong here but I kind of interpreted her 'burnout' statement as a bit of a creative burnout? Like if you were a painter for example, sometimes you'd feel a bit burnt out and lacking inspiration on what to paint?
I feel like that's a different kind of burnout to the type where you're working in a high pressure, high-demand job.
Idk just how I interpreted it.
This is probably what she means, but even then it's tough to see how. It seems like she hasn't actually tried anything new creatively pretty much ever.

817849a0f171176556a348d956fc3439.jpg

Aside from the appropriately-named "Grackle Tries" videos, which were an impressive major step up in quality from her usual videos, it's all the same stuff spread across two channels for some reason. But even with that series, she gave up after 3 episodes.

It's definitely not a great sign for a professional content creator if she struggles to come up with any ideas that aren't trying to recreate either an Emma Chamberlain vlog or a viral food/product test trend.

Reactions: 5
If I were to guess, I would think it's less burnout and more a moment of grieving and mourning for Grace.

She's dating (as far as we know) and it may just be a lot for her to take on. I think she's realised she's coming to the end of her childhood - that she's expected to be an adult and leave home, start a life with someone, move away from everyone, get over her strange homesickness (I've never heard of an adult who has this degree of homesickness. As I child, I used to find people who were homesick for a sleepover as immature and we were all only eight).

I think she's grieving the loss of her childhood and cosy life at home in her bubble. It's all becoming real now.
Also with the dating thing, I wonder if her family believe in no sex before marriage as her siblings seemed to be married and moved in pretty quickly? Added pressure 😬

Reactions: 9
I used to really like her videos, but she's been extremely annoying for a good while now, and the whole dating bit and that mysterious man being " a good egg" seems fake. I get the feeling there is some sort of match making related to her church ... bit of a conspiracy I KNOW! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's one of many who would probably benefit from the external structure and expectations of a 'normal' job. She seems like a nice enough, reasonably intelligent person who could fairly easily get something. Sitting at a desk and having to conform to sometimes arbitrary expectations foisted on you, annoying as it is, can be quite key for development. Basically, something that isn't particularly 'fun' but you gotta do it anyway.
Totally this.
She is far too sheltered.
And very immature.

Reactions: 5
I would kind of understand if she is saving to try and buy somewhere rather than waste money on rent, but I don't think she could go from living with family to living with herself, she really needs to move out for a bit and least and live with other people

Reactions: 1
Also with the dating thing, I wonder if her family believe in no sex before marriage as her siblings seemed to be married and moved in pretty quickly? Added pressure 😬
I was friends with a few girls who were devoted Christians (well, still are afaik) and they got married to their boyfriends as soon as it was legal and also got knocked up just as quick. I actually wish Grace would do a religion related video because there aren’t that many open Christian vloggers who aren’t like those two blonde gals who just take it too far. I’d love to hear her take on religion although I totally get why she doesn’t want to talk about it too much

Reactions: 8
It feels weird making this comment but to me I just can't see Grace as being a particularly sexual person or that interested in sex, of course I could be wrong but she just comes across that way to me, maybe because she can be quite child like in some ways but who knows

I was friends with a few girls who were devoted Christians (well, still are afaik) and they got married to their boyfriends as soon as it was legal and also got knocked up just as quick. I actually wish Grace would do a religion related video because there aren’t that many open Christian vloggers who aren’t like those two blonde gals who just take it too far. I’d love to hear her take on religion although I totally get why she doesn’t want to talk about it too much
Yes I wish she would talk about these kind of beliefs and standards. They can be a really insidious part of church culture. I've been in amongst it for years, and she's dropped hints when mentioning past comments of her mother's about how conservative her family's values are, but not really owned any of it as a culture that she's a part of.

Reactions: 4
Speaking of immature, did anyone see her latest tiktok? She's (poorly) mimicking the sound of an airfreshner or hairspray, can't tell. The comments are really funny but super harsh.

Yes I wish she would talk about these kind of beliefs and standards. They can be a really insidious part of church culture. I've been in amongst it for years, and she's dropped hints when mentioning past comments of her mother's about how conservative her family's values are, but not really owned any of it as a culture that she's a part of.
I would to hear more from about her beliefs just GENERALLY, it doesn't have to be about her church broadly or what she takes issue with but just a bit more about who she is as a person. She used to be so open and now it's like nothing. I doubt she will though, she seems to be aiming for as uncontroversial as possible. I wonder if she sees her online presence as some kind of ministry - the teach with your actions, not words type of thing. That could be why she's trying to stay so wholesome and positive.

Reactions: 7
I honestly really wish she would have kept up the Grackle tries series or where she took herself out of her comfort zone and worked at the brownie place in London and did things she wouldn't usually do. I was so disappointed when she stopped at 3 episodes. I don't know if she thought it was too much work, wasn't popular enough, or just ran out of ideas but I really thought it was the beginning of her content maturing.

I used to watch just about every one of her uploads but I haven't bothered in a while (its been quite a few weeks actually) tbh because she's just become boring, doing the exact same types of videos. She's become like any other lifestyle youtuber, testing products, testing viral recipes, filming what's probably her 12th what I eat in a day...she's become bland.

Sorry but I do think if she wants to be a full time youtuber she should start putting a bit more of an effort into her content and trying to be original. That's why I think so many people were drawn to her originally, because she wasn't like anyone else. Also, Youtube is literally her job. She's not using her baking degree, but continues to film generic videos, going to the shops, puttering about at home...she hasn't really changed or grown in 3 years. I don't see her moving out anytime soon or anything majorly changing. A year ago or so in one of her Q&As where she expressed interest in moving out at some point and I thought for whatever reason this year she would have. Not that there's any hurry, but I feel like most people going on 25 years old that do have the financial means would have moved out or at least be talking about it more/getting prepared to move out.

I honestly really wish she would have kept up the Grackle tries series or where she took herself out of her comfort zone and worked at the brownie place in London and did things she wouldn't usually do. I was so disappointed when she stopped at 3 episodes. I don't know if she thought it was too much work, wasn't popular enough, or just ran out of ideas but I really thought it was the beginning of her content maturing.
I got the vibe it was only 3 at first as a pilot of the series and then more would come, but it really would be nice to see more. I even felt the things she 'tried' were quite tame and still within her wheelhouse, and I'd like to see her spread her wings more.

For me, I find certain YouTubers interesting when they do YouTube along with studying or having a job. It gives them more identity, more purpose, and they’re more relatable. I think they get boring and the same as everyone else when they quit to do YouTube full time. It’s a lazy option. I wish Grace would get a part-time job in a bakery, cafe etc just to add a bit of normality and focus to her life!

Reactions: 16
For me, I find certain YouTubers interesting when they do YouTube along with studying or having a job. It gives them more identity, more purpose, and they’re more relatable. I think they get boring and the same as everyone else when they quit to do YouTube full time. It’s a lazy option. I wish Grace would get a part-time job in a bakery, cafe etc just to add a bit of normality and focus to her life!
exactly, without and I always find it interesting seeing what other people's jobs are, most lifestyle-type youtubers who quit to go full time become boring. Her obsessing about what to pack (when she has very little else to do and clearly could have thought about) is ridiculous and not something someone who had a job/other responsibilities would do imo. Also I don't get the point of her extra channel? the latest post just looks like a vlog she would publsih in her main channel

Reactions: 6
exactly, without and I always find it interesting seeing what other people's jobs are, most lifestyle-type youtubers who quit to go full time become boring. Her obsessing about what to pack (when she has very little else to do and clearly could have thought about) is ridiculous and not something someone who had a job/other responsibilities would do imo. Also I don't get the point of her extra channel? the latest post just looks like a vlog she would publsih in her main channel
Yeah, I'd love to see her do something other than youtube. She should also just combine extra grack and grackle into one channel, there's so little difference between the two anyway

Reactions: 3
She’s often mentioned a desire to move to New York - it would be nice to see her do something like that. Even if it’s only for a short period like 3 months - I think you’d be able to go with a normal esta visa and given her YouTube earnings she could probably afford to get an Airbnb out there for that period.

Reactions: 3
She’s often mentioned a desire to move to New York - it would be nice to see her do something like that. Even if it’s only for a short period like 3 months - I think you’d be able to go with a normal esta visa and given her YouTube earnings she could probably afford to get an Airbnb out there for that period.
That would be so super exciting to see but I'm not sure that'd ever happen. I think she was meant to travel to NY on her own but Covid happened? Sucks as it must've taken a lot of courage to commit to a trip like that considering her homesickness.

Has Grace ever mentioned her always pan? I've noticed that lately it's been either used or in the background of a bunch of videos. I wonder if she's sponsored - some brands want you to highlight their product without reviewing or bringing it up directly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.