Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread for the youtuber Grace/Grackle.. a lot of us started in the rave column but have started to find issues with her channel...

Reactions: 12
Feel so guilty being in a rant thread as I feel like she is the type of person who will be really affected by hate 🥵🤣 I just can’t vibe with her anymore though. Don’t get me wrong, I think Grace and her family are lovely people, I just don’t enjoy her channel now.

Reactions: 26
Feel so guilty being in a rant thread as I feel like she is the type of person who will be really affected by hate 🥵🤣 I just can’t vibe with her anymore though. Don’t get me wrong, I think Grace and her family are lovely people, I just don’t enjoy her channel now.
I completely agree. I dont wish to critique her as a person..I just dont enjoy her content now.

Reactions: 9
The thumbnails recently 'give me the ick' and make me not want to watch the video. Grace is so naturally beautiful but for some reason she choses a thumbnail which doesn't make her look good.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think people were talking about this on her rave thread about how she uses tiktok phrases that don't really fit in with her personality.. and ive realised she quotes 'now im panicking no i am because im gonna lose me job' vid which is literally from a video of a bald n0nce being caught :LOL: do u reckon she knows?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think people were talking about this on her rave thread about how she uses tiktok phrases that don't really fit in with her personality.. and ive realised she quotes 'now im panicking no i am because im gonna lose me job' vid which is literally from a video of a bald n0nce being caught :LOL: do u reckon she knows?
Brilliant lmao. I don't think she has a clue, I think she just absorbs everything she hears on TikTok and makes it her personality for the next month. It's physically painful how many cringey catchphrases she's going through. They are terrible when anyone uses them but they definitely don't suit her character at all. I don't know why she feels like she has to try to be cool, she was SO cool just by being herself, this is having the opposite effect.

Reactions: 12
I'm a "young millennial," still born in a millennial year but not that far from the earlier birth years of Gen Z. A lot of the time, there is barely a difference... like, a few years don't create that huge of a gap, a lot of the stuff we grew up with is the same or similar there isn't a massive gap in terms of the technology we grew up using...

TikTok def makes a difference here and is pretty much the main thing that I could never connect with at all. I see TikToks on Twitter sometimes, and neve the buzzword kind.

It's funny to notice how there is a growing "language gap" - I don't have younger relatives, so it's something I've mostly noticed when watching vlogs or similar content. Grace's vlogs have made that really apparent.

(I like her a lot, for the record, and there isn't much of a point to this... just something that I feel has become more apparent to me since Grace started consuming a lot of TikTok haha)

Reactions: 8
If anyone followers her on TikTok I just saw an unbelievably cringe video she made about her 💩 schedule on my for you page, some things should stay in your drafts :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
If anyone followers her on TikTok I just saw an unbelievably cringe video she made about her 💩 schedule on my for you page, some things should stay in your drafts :oops:
I thought it was quite funny actually haha. Depends on how open you are regarding your body. I have IBD and the chat around bowel movements doesn’t bother me / I find quite funny. I also think it should be spoken about more as we all go through it.

Reactions: 6
I thought it was quite funny actually haha. Depends on how open you are regarding your body. I have IBD and the chat around bowel movements doesn’t bother me / I find quite funny. I also think it should be spoken about more as we all go through it.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean you aren't open regarding your body and to be honest even if you weren't open, there's nothing wrong with that. Sure we all do it, but I certainly don't go to TikTok to hear about other people's bowel movements.

Reactions: 1
I have to agree. I love poo talk 😂 I have no shame!

more sanny pads but also tampons in the new vlog.
I get that she wants to be open to her audience, but i feel like its too much atm with all the mentions of bathroom topics.

edit: also why does she refer to them every time as 'sanny pads' specifically?

Reactions: 9
I think shes a bit too obbsessed with tik tok tbh lol. She seems to change her behaviour according to tik tok. Bit weird if you ask me.but also its a shame she feels the need to. Shes trying way too hard now, so its more annoying to watch.

Does it annoy anyone else when she just points her long finger to banksys nose all the time???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I might be nitpicky here but I friggin HATE when people say “oh no I can’t cook I might poison you” - why ? Did you put cyanide in the stew ?!? She said she was gonna make brownie cookies and was worried they might turn out “rank” why TF would they turn out disgusting ?!? You gonna put mustard and pickles in them ? No!
It’s a friggin cookie shaped brownie!!!!

Reactions: 10
I don’t think she does know, and in that she’s the perfect illustration of the language gap @NotAnArtist is talking about. I think it’s a combo of her being slightly too old for the group she seems to be trying to fit into (wrong as it seems to describe someone of her age as too old for anything!) and being seemingly very naive/innocent.

She does seem to be slowly coming back to the Grace I always liked so much, catchphrases and bizarre obsession with having tampons/towels in every haul aside though. Her videos seem a bit more her to me, so hopefully the rest is just a phase that is passing.

Reactions: 7
I used to love her a few years ago before she started getting bigger but you can see she's pandering to her audience whilst pretending to still be old Grack.

My biggest issue with her that went unnoticed by her fans was she was meeting up with Honor (who is a whole 'nother subject!) and sitting next to each other, sharing food (including a milkshake with 1 straw) during our most severe lockdowns. She would post it on instagram or there'd be a snippet in a video and then it'd be removed.

I'm sure she is genuinely a nice person but she makes a lot of not great choices- especially when it comes to her using her platform.

Reactions: 15
The purposefully unattractive selfies in her stories are really starting to annoy me. Just take a normal picture Grace!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.