Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what do you guys think of grace mentioning the service when she posts her thoughts on food at restaurants? idk why it rubs me the wrong way probably bc she has quite a large audience and she never details what the issue was? like she just says “the service wasn’t good” with no context and i find it very unfair to the restaurants because it’s so one sided. we don’t know why she felt the service wasn’t great- for all we know she could have been unreasonable? sorry i think i just get very protective over service workers esp in america where they get paid so little 😭
I think it's fine and I am glad she comments on it tbh. I believe that service is a huge part of a dining/food experience and yes someone might have been having a bad day etc. but it's still something I want to know. I don't want Grace to filter her reviews of a venue or product, it becomes unauthentic.

Reactions: 9
I'd say it's fine to mention the service when you have eaten somewhere. I worked in hospitality for many years and I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it in a review. It's part of the experience and it's the same as saying the food's not great because the food was prepared by a person, just the same as the service was provided by a person.

Reactions: 6
Was so disappointed by her New York content. It's something she wanted to do forvever and it feels like all she posted about was stores. Just another way she's distancing herself from her audience I guess?

Reactions: 14
Was so disappointed by her New York content. It's something she wanted to do forvever and it feels like all she posted about was stores. Just another way she's distancing herself from her audience I guess?
Yeah, I was looking forward to the New York City vlogs but her recent Trader Joes vlog was boring. I get it, American supermarkets are interesting enough but there's so many things she could do/film in the city. It's safe for her and on brand, but she needs to step outside her comfort zone a bit. I was expecting something more for her second vlog but she literally made the whole video about shopping/products and half of it was a taste test in the hotel room.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I was looking forward to the New York City vlogs but her recent Trader Joes vlog was boring. I get it, American supermarkets are interesting enough but there's so many things she could do/film in the city. It's safe for her and on brand, but she needs to step outside her comfort zone a bit. I was expecting something more for her second vlog but she literally made the whole video about shopping/products and half of it was a taste test in the hotel room.
I don't know if she has released it but also she mentioned doing a video in NY of an afternoon tea...I mean she has done that a million times in the UK and it is hardly something especially US/NYC related

Reactions: 7
Jesus, the Trader Joes vlog was so incredibly dull. I know she mainly does food content but how does she not realise how boring it is to watch someone walk around a supermarket and try a bunch of crisps? Just because she’s always wanted to visit the shop doesn’t mean it makes for good YouTube viewing. So many cool restaurants and bakeries and foodie experiences in NYC and she chooses to show us a supermarket snacks 🤣 she also showed herself walking around a bunch of clothes shops and then not buying anything. I feel like vloggers need to learn to put the camera down sometimes. It’s fine if she was just wandering around browsing and enjoying herself on her holiday, but she should also realise that that’s not interesting enough for a vlog, and that its actually fine to not film anything at all sometimes.

Reactions: 14
what do you guys think of grace mentioning the service when she posts her thoughts on food at restaurants? idk why it rubs me the wrong way probably bc she has quite a large audience and she never details what the issue was? like she just says “the service wasn’t good” with no context and i find it very unfair to the restaurants because it’s so one sided. we don’t know why she felt the service wasn’t great- for all we know she could have been unreasonable? sorry i think i just get very protective over service workers esp in america where they get paid so little 😭
It doesn't normally bother me but on her recent vlog she went to Balthazar for brekfast and went on that the service wasn't good but had previosuly mentioned that they were 'serverely late' for their booking and 'didn't know' if they would let them in because of how late they were.
I think this annoyed me so much as I work in hospitality and people being late really does impact the way a place runs which I feel is something she is totally oblivious to. By the way she was talking it didnt seem like they had even phoned the restaurant to let them know what they were going to be late which is completely out of order (she may well have let the restaurant know but by the way she was speaking it didn't sound like they did).
But I do understand what you mean; for me she flicks between seeming like a lovely customer and then a pain in the arse at the same time 🤣

Reactions: 19
It doesn't normally bother me but on her recent vlog she went to Balthazar for brekfast and went on that the service wasn't good but had previosuly mentioned that they were 'serverely late' for their booking and 'didn't know' if they would let them in because of how late they were.
I think this annoyed me so much as I work in hospitality and people being late really does impact the way a place runs which I feel is something she is totally oblivious to. By the way she was talking it didnt seem like they had even phoned the restaurant to let them know what they were going to be late which is completely out of order (she may well have let the restaurant know but by the way she was speaking it didn't sound like they did).
But I do understand what you mean; for me she flicks between seeming like a lovely customer and then a pain in the arse at the same time 🤣
i think this is the issue with her not ever having had a proper job tbh, had she ever worked in hospitality for example she would understand how annoying this is

Reactions: 18
Her instagram showed that she went to Edinburgh by herself! Good job. But weird that she didn't post about it while it was happening.
its normally just a safety thing most women d0 - myself and friends never share where we are on social media until we are well away from there just in case some stalkers/wierdos find us and want to harm
I know might sound ridiculous but we would rather be safe than sorry
I got a very wierd handwritten letter just this week from what I think was a former stalker as he had counted down the days since he last saw me on it
just daily woman stuff!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
its normally just a safety thing most women d0 - myself and friends never share where we are on social media until we are well away from there just in case some stalkers/wierdos find us and want to harm
I know might sound ridiculous but we would rather be safe than sorry
I got a very wierd handwritten letter just this week from what I think was a former stalker as he had counted down the days since he last saw me on it
just daily woman stuff!
i agree, i am always surprised when people, women or men tbh, publish exactly where they are when they are

Reactions: 2
Yeah for me she gives the impression of a customer who's lovely on the surface but the slightest thing "wrong" and she's a pain in the arse. And totally agree with Emm that her obliviousness shows she's never worked in a proper job like that.

Reactions: 8
I've just watched her latesr video and I don't know if I'm just not her target audience (I'm only 28!) Or if she's not a great vlogger. I felt like she glossed over the food ie the interesting and useful bits but spent ages talking about shopping/filming in changing rooms which just isn't fun to me!

I've just watched her latesr video and I don't know if I'm just not her target audience (I'm only 28!) Or if she's not a great vlogger. I felt like she glossed over the food ie the interesting and useful bits but spent ages talking about shopping/filming in changing rooms which just isn't fun to me!
I have to agree (I’m 28 as well) and I felt like most of the vlog was not interesting to me. I would have loved to see some interesting activities that would be new and different for her to do and vlog.

Reactions: 4
What I find a little strange is she didn't show interaction with anyone no servicing staff or shop assistants or anyone in the hotel, or maybe she's just being respectful of them not being filmed but other youtubers do. Also what was the thing about her being chased, I feel if any adverse happpened to her she would just crumble.

Well, is it me or did she not do a lot in NYC (or at least not that she showed), other than the theatre and One Vanderbilt, plus walking through central park. Maybe she wanted to be in the moment more and her mum didn't like her filming so much?

Her talking about being chased I found really funny for some reason. I think it's Grace being a bit overdramatic as usual.

Reactions: 8
I have to say, I’m enjoying her New York vlogs. I love seeing New York and it’s the type of city you can walk around without having the need to do everything. I think because they have already visited, they aren’t doing the main touristy things.

Reactions: 3
Yeah - what was that tit about her crying and thinking that she was being chased?
She sounds mental at times, she really does.

• Haha
Has she stopped eating vegan? I thought she was at least dairy free. The New York vlog seemed rushed. We're doing this, now this, now this. Maybe that's what it was like.

Reactions: 3
Has she stopped eating vegan? I thought she was at least dairy free. The New York vlog seemed rushed. We're doing this, now this, now this. Maybe that's what it was like.
She wasn't ever vegan was she? I thought it was just the dairy allergy/intolerance that she no longer deals with now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.